• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
having a curated selection is pretty helpful

It's this for me. I usually check out SSENSE because I've found they've had the most comprehensive selection of brands I'm interested in out of any retailer (sans Celine). Mr. Porter's selection is also decent, and the fact that they now carry Celine items that are sometimes not available on the Celine webstore, not available in the physical stores, or still carrying things that the Celine webstore/store has since sold out has caused me too buy some things from them recently. Sometimes Mr. Porter will also sell something before the Celine stores will feature it. I will end up buying them through Mr. Porter (even though I'd rather build brand loyalty directly through Celine) just because when I see it on Mr. Porter I'm now worried the Celine store won't ever carry it due to our previous conversations around how they handle the menswear inventory.

bobby jonathan

Reaction score
I grabbed the prorsum biker a few years ago and absolutely love it.

The thick washed/tumbled leather allows me to dress it more casually and worry less about scuffing it, wearing a backpack over it, or inclement weather, & I love all the details ... armour like quilting/oversized zippers/dual zips on the armholes, the diamond roller bars (not sure what they're called) on the neck. The jacket's significantly weightier than anything else I own.

View attachment 1686736

Transparent metal, buttons n, snaps could be more, elegant.

bobby jonathan

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Mrporter used to be my favorite e-commerce before the rebranding in 2019. You could get the best deals by purchasing items abroad by just switching the country. At this point I'm just using third party sites like grailed ebay fb groups and vestiarie in order to purchase old slp items or the just calling the outlets if I'm looking for something

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone in this thread read this, but this article in the Atlantic (vomit) was posted in the discussions about the fashion industry thread. Teh writing is absolutely loathsome (teh word "wonky" appears twice), but there's some interesting information on how free returns is an absolute disgrace (n.b. I've definitely taken advantage of them before). https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/11/free-returns-online-shopping/620169/

Also I'm basically where Viceofgucci is at.

piblondin

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone in this thread read this, but this article in the Atlantic (vomit) was posted in the discussions about the fashion industry thread. Teh writing is absolutely loathsome (teh word "wonky" appears twice), but there's some interesting information on how free returns is an absolute disgrace (n.b. I've definitely taken advantage of them before). https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/11/free-returns-online-shopping/620169/

Also I'm basically where Viceofgucci is at.
Curious to know why you don't like the Atlantic. I keep considering subscribing to it, but haven't done so yet. Their September cover story by Jennifer Senior is one of the best things I've read all year.

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
They are grossly oversized and $$$, the oversized trend isn't going to last long enough to justify the purchase but if you have the extra $7k laying around go for it.

Raf’s been doing the oversized bomber thing for a long minute now - don’t care about it being “in” or not & I’m sure he doesn’t either

that said, I wouldn’t buy that prada jacket - not for me

I do love my grossly oversized Raf polyester bomber tho

also I’ve never paid more than $3k for any clothing item - actually only once for my Hedi-era L17 so not really in the market for shelling out $7k on it

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also I’ve never paid more than $3k for any clothing item - actually only once for my Hedi-era L17 so not really in the market for shelling out $7k on it
Yeah that seems a bit steep doesn't it?
Curious to know why you don't like the Atlantic. I keep considering subscribing to it, but haven't done so yet. Their September cover story by Jennifer Senior is one of the best things I've read all year.
Jeffrey Goldberg is a loathsome person imo. I don't actually read the magazine though, so there may be some gems in there that I've overlooked.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prada website says three kiloeuros (which is still an insane amount of money for a mass-produced polyester jacket)

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
ssense is the best imo - great selection & customer service, good prices & discounts for returning customers & their styling of the clothes is so ******* good so good in fact that you might be tricked into thinking you can pull off even the craziest / out there pieces haha

the only annoying thing is that select customers get first dibs on p much anything so some of the coveted **** might not even hit the webpage

rire

Reaction score
Ahh yes, with the marsupialed dad and his controlled demolition theory! Sad what grief will lead you to believe.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Raf’s been doing the oversized bomber thing for a long minute now - don’t care about it being “in” or not & I’m sure he doesn’t either

that said, I wouldn’t buy that prada jacket - not for me

I do love my grossly oversized Raf polyester bomber tho

I have an oversized bomber kind of similar to the black one but these are just vulgar. I could see somebody like Fat Joe or rappers who wear giant clothes wearing one, but why?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 12.04.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 12.04.22 AM.png
    434.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 12.05.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 12.05.07 AM.png
    439.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 11.59.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 11.59.48 PM.png
    235.2 KB · Views: 58

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
I have an oversized bomber kind of similar to the black one but these are just vulgar. I could see somebody like Fat Joe or rappers who wear giant clothes wearing one, but why?

I love the color purple. If anything, that's a good enough reason to me for why I'd buy it if I had the cash to do so lol (also one of the reasons I love the Celine purple teddy). When I saw the runway video and the model wearing that purple bomber it immediatly stood out to me as a grail. Didn't feel that same type of love-at-first-sight way about any Celine pieces from Cosmic Cruiser.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I love the color purple. If anything, that's a good enough reason to me for why I'd buy it if I had the cash to do so lol (also one of the reasons I love the Celine purple teddy). When I saw the runway video and the model wearing that purple bomber it immediatly stood out to me as a grail. Didn't feel that same type of love-at-first-sight way about any Celine pieces from Cosmic Cruiser.

The runway show was cool with the purple faux fur walls and the vibe was on point but the garments are hardly wearable and some downright homely. I'm all for the creativity involved with Muccia and Raf co-designing and love the new direction but not much from this show.

Anthony at SL did a better job of an oversized bomber albeit at a higher price point. So many amazing pieces from CC, my favorite being this sequined open side tank top.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 3.10.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 3.10.59 AM.png
    854.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 3.25.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 3.25.31 AM.png
    858.5 KB · Views: 129

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big Raf fan, but I've always sorta liked his basics--for example, the Prada wool trousers look great to me, but maybe I'm just boring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads