• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
re: Undercover

I feel you @shoegazesummer & @GG Allin ( ha two great music references - not surprised you’re drawn to Jun’s work) re: the details & ornaments - I too try to keep it relatively tame with the graphics etc hence my Uc pieces having no graphics & not particularly loud details - in fact my rider is plain black

but sometimes he hits the nail in the head with some of that **** & the references he uses are always v cool

a lot to admire & a bit less to wear myself

but I think he always has at least a couple of sick pieces per season that fit my style & I can adopt for myself

shoegaze, I’m like you in that I love (some) Hedi but I am not constrained to his **** / style exclusively - to me it’s more fun trying to get different designers / styles & reflect them through yr personal sensibilities into a unified style which might me more eclectic than just wearing Hedi pieces

on a side note I forgot to list my only celine piece in the celine thread lol - the cowboy style black + white teddy - I thought that one was v cool so snatched it

would love to get the purple velvet one

this is fun - should we do knitwear next? :p

brown2190

Reaction score
What are the thoughts on the oversized varsity jacket? Did anyone get to see how it looks like in person?

Capture d’écran 2021-10-13 à 08.18.30.png

Capture d’écran 2021-10-13 à 08.18.34.png

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
What are the thoughts on the oversized varsity jacket? Did anyone get to see how it looks like in person?

View attachment 1684365 .

Haven't seen it in person, but I am a fan. If it didn't have white stripes and was more of a general leather bomber like in this look from TKP I would have probably grabbed it. I think the womenswear offers something similar so might consider buying it dependent on how the sizing would work out given it's cropped and if I can budget enough to grab it.

4BAC2865-5632-4B43-B815-B07B3CFDAC39.png
92CCEEEF-C0C6-4743-AFB6-87555C9ED0E3.jpeg

Last edited:

godnose

Reaction score

View attachment 1684365 .

View attachment 1684367
Haven't seen it in person, but I am a fan. If it didn't have white stripes and was more of a general leather bomber like in this look from TKP I would have probably grabbed it. I think the womenswear offers something similar so might consider buying it dependent on how the sizing would work out given it's cropped and if I can budget enough to grab it.

View attachment 1684556

I like the leather varsity jacket too, but my own choice would be one of the bombers as well. Tbh, I think all of those bombers, leather and otherwise, were really nice in TKP. Leather is pricey, of course, so I'd go with a solid black one, the brown do look good on some people, but I tried them on and they didn't work with my colouring.

pockets

Reaction score
Oh, duh. Now that you say that it's quite obvious what look it was from to me lol.

I've been looking at Raf's take on Americana a lot recently so thought it was one of the graphics or Andy Warhol printed pieces.

apart from a few things (grabbed road runner sweater for my wife) so much if it went for so damn cheap towards its death. good luck

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
apart from a few things (grabbed road runner sweater for my wife) so much if it went for so damn cheap towards its death. good luck

Oh yeah, I'm aware. I meant I was just revisiting the collections by looking through the runway photos etc. I was able to secure a few things on sale a year or so after Raf left when a decent amount was still available including the iconic distressed red sweater Raf wore himself at the end of FW18.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
strong Raf influence - I too would prefer plain black as someone above mentioned

have you seen his Prada bombers?

The all purple bomber is such a beautiful color but hard to imagine getting worthwhile number of wears out of it for the price point compared to a leather black bomber.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really enjoying this Celine boots. I went up half a size (41 to 41.5) since I wanted an easy fit. So comfortable and as someone noted earlier the ease of the pull on is game changing, ha.

IMG_1330.jpeg

Not that I would wear this myself, however, something about it speaks to me:

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Really enjoying this Celine boots. I went up half a size (41 to 41.5) since I wanted an easy fit. So comfortable and as someone noted earlier the ease of the pull on is game changing, ha.

View attachment 1685275

Not that I would wear this myself, however, something about it speaks to me:

Did you grab the Black Museum Calf Alders or the Celine Rangers as well or just went with the blundstones-esque boots? The shade of the boots look good with blue jeans. I thought about the black pair for beaters/rain boots as that's what the silhouette reminded me of but not sure I love them enough to buy them.

Also, that instagram post indicates a pop-up shop for Celine. Kinda interesting that after Hedi initially took the reign there were whispers of "drops" and in some ways the stock does move slowly so the webstore/brick and mortar stores/Mr Porter do have the products slowly trickle in, but this is the first time it seems like a product was chosen to be sold in a limited-time manner. The color scheme seems to be somewhat of a surprising choice for TKP, but I do like it as well. I think the use of a "paint splatter"-like pattern is what makes it fun.

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
The all purple bomber is such a beautiful color but hard to imagine getting worthwhile number of wears out of it for the price point compared to a leather black bomber.

I almost want to go to a store to see the purple one in the flesh!

something tells me that Raf will be a success at Prada - among other things, the whole uniform approach is embraced by the house & him & is a great fit

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
Did you grab the Black Museum Calf Alders or the Celine Rangers as well or just went with the blundstones-esque boots? The shade of the boots look good with blue jeans. I thought about the black pair for beaters/rain boots as that's what the silhouette reminded me of but not sure I love them enough to buy them.

Also, that instagram post indicates a pop-up shop for Celine. Kinda interesting that after Hedi initially took the reign there were whispers of "drops" and in some ways the stock does move slowly so the webstore/brick and mortar stores/Mr Porter do have the products slowly trickle in, but this is the first time it seems like a product was chosen to be sold in a limited-time manner. The color scheme seems to be somewhat of a surprising choice for TKP, but I do like it as well. I think the use of a "paint splatter"-like pattern is what makes it fun.

I like paint splatter / brush stroke designs conceptually but they are v hit / miss - would have to see this one live hard to tell from that pic alone

bobby jonathan

Reaction score

View attachment 1684556
View attachment 1684669

Was she depressed, before the look or, just after ?

bobby jonathan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads