• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I have two black Docs, Margiela tabi chelseas in black, a pair of black SL Cesna’s, a pair of black Common Projects combat boots and a pair of dark brown Dries Van Noten

I want a pair of Ann Demeulmeester & these Kim Jones is wearing here which I assume are Dior but can’t seem to find

The ones Kim is wearing are Dior rubber rain boots from SS20 I believe

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
Which pair from Ann D? I've been eyeing getting an army boot recently, specifically either these Ann D lace ups or the Celine ranger boots but haven't been able to decide which one. The toe box of the Ann D pair seem a bit bulkier, so I've been leaning towards the Celine right now. But I think I might still like the appearance of the leather on the Ann D pair.

My personal boot collection is not as expansive compared to others. I've focused mainly on building up the essentials in my wardrobe with shirts, knitwear, and trousers the past few years and didn't have the fortune to be able to collect when Hedi was at Saint Laurent. I just have:

Common Projects black leather chelsea with a leather sole (used as beaters, somewhat similar silhouette to Celine's drug store chelseas)
Celine black leather camargue with chain harness (for date night out, dancing in clubs)
Balenciaga ribbed bikers (for when I want to wear a more eclectic outfit)

Recently realized I probably overspent on knitwear during the pandemic and might need to resell some things to instead pick up the 60mm Celine Jacnos or some Celine Jodhpurs. Maybe a tan or white boot for summer as well.

looking to acquire the traditional combar Ann D’s - a modern classic if you ask me

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
aight here we go...

season specified where I think it makes an important difference

leather (all black)

vanson x junya for cdg: perfecto // got it for super cheap in p rough shape - I use(d to use) it for shows but I think a visit to leather spa could probably bring it back to life - very thick & sturdy // got it bc I wanted to be just like Rei Kawakubo ha

acne nate jacket // napa leather somewhat oversized perfecto - the proportions somehow make it more formal so I can wear to work with a nice pair of trousers & a sweater & shirt - I really love it - I think Acne is very good quality for a very good price especially with their leather jackets / I also love their jeans // never wear the belt to the jacket - too much / very cool & highly recommended!

undercover rider // my everyday one - I love undercover & I think they’re especially good with outerwear - somehow Uc is overrated & underrated at the same time in my mind... haven’t found a lot of crossover from the sl / celine / dior fans with them which I find odd - maybe too “juvenile” for them? funny if that is the reason // has a p dope burgundy lining

alexander mcqueen // the one they seem to make every year - a less structured take on the perfecto - super soft leather but more grainy too? these characteristics make it perfect for formal wear too & the red quilting is a nice touch makes it warm-ish & very goth / dramatic (which I am a fan of)

sl l17 (2014) - we all know what this is - my baby & one of my favorite pieces all around - I will wear this one til the day I die bury me in it etc

rick owens stooges - dope jacket but I never reach out for it so thinking of getting rid of it - one of the more wearable rick pieces imo - love the super long sleeves

acne bomber - also got used for pretty cheap & while beat down still in good enough shape makes me look like the cool nerdy professor - you know how I feel about acne - has a cool navy corduroy inside collar which is a nice touch

the exception to the all black is a dark-ish brown Louis Wong / APC suede jacket - really high quality beautiful suede traditional almost bomber-like yet not cropped - I think that this was supposed to be apc’s luxury leather line but it seems they don’t make them anymore... they were truly stunning sober jackets - I guess apc is seen as more pedestrian & people don’t want to shell out $$$ for something that doesn’t give them ig points or fashion cred or whatever but their loss these were lovely

denim

margiela (galliano) bleached blue denim - 80’s cut probably my fav denim jacket it almost looks white but retains enough blue to make it unique - wore it a lot during the spring / summer nights

margiela (galliano) black deconstructed - not as avant garde as you would think I can wear it to work loose fit

apc quilted with faux shearling collar - raw denim padded very nice very warm - not a huge fan of raw denim but I’m cool owning one thing

acne oversized - ridiculously large but I like to wear it sometimes if I’m wearing an oversized sweatshirt or something - when I want to be one of the cool tik tok kids

acne light blue skinny jacket - very cool & my fav until the margiela appeared - great cut

bombers

helmut lang bondage cotton from 2001 - another of my crown jewels - decent shape not too expensive & helmut era obviously - helmut is a top 3 designed for me

recent helmut in oxblood - super warm for such a light jacket - not bad at all considering how mediocre helmut the brand became after the man left & the color is sick

rick owens - black polyester or nylon or whatever - v cool dig the super long narrow sleeves

jil sander navy bomber (gabardine maybe?) - fits me very oversized but the construction is beautiful & so well made it looks like it’s on purpose haha - also no one does navy better than Jil amazing amazing color

raf simons - polyester oversized black - I love raf so there - it’s so cool I can rock it with dress pants shirt & sweater & everyone thinks it’s dope even at work

Haider velvet in burgundy - typically not my style but this thing is a masterpiece - can be elegant if you use it with dress pants (my preference) instead of skinny jeans & a T which looks kinda ridiculous IMO

coats

apc camel coat - classic & fits me perfectly

apc hounds tooth rain coat - same as above altho the fit is slightly looser

jil sander - classic navy coat - probably the best most classic coat - again amazing navy color

undercover / blue (almost deep purple (ha) to me very nice) peacoat with the infamous joy division lining - love this one it’s from 99 or 01 I think? wish it was a size larger but I can still pull it off // different zipper configurations which is v cool

ami oversized black checkered coat - this thing is huge - I really wanted an oversized coat & this one delivered - great quality & just so thick & warm

others

a bunch of SL teddy jackets - sometimes people jump on stupid ugly trends but sometimes trends exist for a reason - such is the case with the teddys they just make anyone look good cool & effortless ... I think the mania for them has subsided & you will not see them more or less than any “popular” expensive jacker out there... my tip is wear them in unexpected ways to avoid looking flavor of the month (e.g. avoid any look mark ******* ronson or one direction members would think is a good look like the all black with skinny jeans & the black with white teddy) instead go for something like light blue jeans white tee sneakers & the black with white or black dress pants, grey or white with black knit polo & the all black teddy

sl je taime chord bomber jacket in royal blue - lovely color & fit - really digging royal blue this year / autumn

bode senior chord - hand painted etc google this **** it is beautiful

I might be missing something but that’s it for now

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
can't be asked writing everything out so here are a few pics with my broken phone camera

if you want to know what anything is just ask

Attachments

• IMG_20211012_124656656.jpg
    IMG_20211012_124656656.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 134
  • original_6b98a84d-25cc-411e-bf0b-2d3e3642ee8e_IMG_20211012_125631507.jpg
    original_6b98a84d-25cc-411e-bf0b-2d3e3642ee8e_IMG_20211012_125631507.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20211012_125556783.jpg
    IMG_20211012_125556783.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 115

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Oh, duh. Now that you say that it's quite obvious what look it was from to me lol.

I've been looking at Raf's take on Americana a lot recently so thought it was one of the graphics or Andy Warhol printed pieces.

brown2190

Reaction score
hey guys! I've been a long time reader of this forum but finally decided to create an account.

and I happened to have just pulled the trigger on the Celine Camargue Biker that I was lusting on for months. Truly gorgeous in person!

IMG_8970.jpg

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
undercover rider // my everyday one - I love undercover & I think they’re especially good with outerwear - somehow Uc is overrated & underrated at the same time in my mind... haven’t found a lot of crossover from the sl / celine / dior fans with them which I find odd - maybe too “juvenile” for them? funny if that is the reason // has a p dope burgundy lining
I really like his leather jackets, however on a lot of them there's some detailing that ruins it for me (for instance, some written slogan). Plus, like a few of the guys here, I'm a bit of a brand whore, and have an irrational fear of not wearing something by Hedi slimane or, less frequently, some adjacent designer.

I came very close to buying one of those a clockwork orange t-shirts a few years ago, but it was mainly a nostalgia thing for me, as I was obsessed with that film when I was a teenager. Plus, I wasn't sure I'd ever wear it. A lot of his t-shirt designs are really ******* good though

Bryan55

Reaction score
Boot roll call:

Dsquared2 2017 Brogue wing tips in black, brown, taupe and burgundy
Marc Jacobs burgundy combat boots (not sure of the year)
Dsquared2 2019 Punk tape combat boots
Dr Martens BXB 8761
Balenciaga 2020 Tractor Chelsea boots
Balenciaga 2020 Strike Boots

Think my next pick up will be the Balenciaga side zip tractor boots. I may also get another pair of Strike boots in the newer worn black or the orange accents. Also am going to pull the trigger on a pair of cherry red Dr Marten Jadons.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
undercover / blue (almost deep purple (ha) to me very nice) peacoat with the infamous joy division lining - love this one it’s from 99 or 01 I think? wish it was a size larger but I can still pull it off // different zipper configurations which is v cool

I'm a fan of Undercover, but maybe I'm a bit of a heretic who is more than willing to dress outside of Hedi's usual style depictions. I don't have a cohesive style in the sense I don't stick to a specific look every day and constantly dress to it. I'm more than happy experimenting and mixing my Hedi Celine with things like Dries, Galliano's Margiela, Raf's 205w, Demna's Vetements/Balenciaga, Comme des Garçon Homme Plus, etc etc. Really just whatever I'm in the mood for the day when I'm getting dressed. I was first and foremost obsessed with clothing as an opportunity for crafting a unique personal style, and not falling into a fashion rabbit hole through being Hedi fan. But having that kind of outlook of course brought me to Hedi.

I really like his leather jackets, however on a lot of them there's some detailing that ruins it for me

But I don't own any undercover for this reason. There was a great oversized bomber jacket a season or two ago that I considered, but the details were not for me where I decided not to get it. And the first few looks from the Undercover FW21 runway show had this cardigan/pajama set combo which hits the nail perfectly on my favorite style (the Celine luxury robe from look 38 in FW19 is a personal grail but was way out of what I could afford when it was released) but I never saw it released or sold in retailers. If I want some eccentric details there are other brands I consider instead of undercover. While Hedi's Celine (or at least, the non e-teen targeted pieces) items are easy to pair with almost anything and everything thing because the details are minimalistic and to-the-point beautiful. Which is why I have a basic Celine nylon black bomber and not an undercover bomber lol

Besides the Celine bomber, other outerwear I have include:
an oversized Valentino wool chesterfield
a 205W shearling flannel
a MHL work jacket
a Sacai denim jacket
an Off White Patagonia-like fleece (not sure if it's too sacrilegious to admit owning Virgil on a Celine thread)
an Alpha Industries black parka
a few Nike x Sacai jackets and a Norse Projects nylon jacket for more sporty looks

A bit more scattered and a broader range of styles than others who have perfected really amazing Hedi wardrobes. I've never been a huge leather biker person but as an Hedi fan I feel as if I'll need to grab one before he leaves Celine. Maybe a Celine varsity teddy and a cashmere chesterfield as well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads