• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To build on this list and display the gross imbalance between my two pairs of boots, here is a run-down of my outerwear collection. It’s large enough that I sometimes think that nothing will be worn out due to the delight of rotations. I’m probably forgetting a few items, too, but this it the core of note.

• 2012? Dior Burgundy Peacoat - lightweight wool, perfect cut, very classic despite the color. Probably showing a touch of its age, so I don’t wear it as much
  • 2014 SLP Denim Jacket - perfect wash for me, very skinny/high armholes, still looks pristine because no pockets thus I don’t wear it too often!
  • 2014 SLP Duffle Coat - extremely warm, thick, durable wool noir. Very chic look. I had to have this altered a lot, because it was big on me. The tailor probably wanted to die struggling to make those adjustments!
  • 2015 SLP Runway Peacoat - black, heavy wool, slim, super fancy and warm. Looks exquisite, much better IMO than the boxy peacoat style that seems to be the default
  • 2016 SLP Chesterfield - black wool, cut slim, very business-y. This is the one with the black leather under the collar. I don’t wear it as much with the pandemic
  • 2016/2017? Dior Moto Racer Jacket - love this piece. Lamb, made in France, black but a dyed navy interior, excellent chunky hardware. I’m unsure when I bought it, but probably during the KVA era. Not as slim as my other jackets, so can layer. Leather is insane
  • 2016 SLP Teddy - black teddy with white stripes. Feels very luxe and still modern. A looker for sure, but maybe too avant-garde art rock for the everyday (to say the least). Every item here is 44 except this is the one piece I needed to size down to 42; otherwise, too boxy
  • 2018 SLP Trucker Jacket - lamb, cut very slim. They have been selling this model for a couple years now, I picked it up last year and it’s great. Luxe leather, extremely soft. Most complimented piece by men
  • 2019 SLP Black Shearling - this is a touch oversized, so can layer. Thick, « used » denim on the exterior, black shearling on the interior. Feels very 90s Johnny Depp to me
  • 2020 SLP Sherpa Jacket - not sure if it’s the right term, but it’s a light denim exterior with the white shearling interior. I wear this a ton. It’s like wearing a pillow. Still cut slim and is such an easy, casual piece
  • 2020 SLP Suede Shearling - most luxe piece. Looks better in person than in pictures. Different vibe from the others, and most complimented piece from the ladies. Extremely warm

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
My current boot lineup is
Aw15 Black wyatts Aw16 tan suede wyatts
Aw14 Black Suede chelseas/fw16 30mm tan Chelsea
Dakotas in Black Suede
Aw16 Black combat boots
SS14 buckle duckies
SS15 black santiags
Celine Caramel Jacnos
Amiri suede jodphurs tan without the buckles
John varvatos suede boots

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
I have two black Docs, Margiela tabi chelseas in black, a pair of black SL Cesna’s, a pair of black Common Projects combat boots and a pair of dark brown Dries Van Noten

I want a pair of Ann Demeulmeester & these Kim Jones is wearing here which I assume are Dior but can’t seem to find

Attachments

• 20FB5E77-E455-4D29-B839-7C0FC56F425F.jpeg
    20FB5E77-E455-4D29-B839-7C0FC56F425F.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 86

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
I want a pair of Ann Demeulmeester

Which pair from Ann D? I've been eyeing getting an army boot recently, specifically either these Ann D lace ups or the Celine ranger boots but haven't been able to decide which one. The toe box of the Ann D pair seem a bit bulkier, so I've been leaning towards the Celine right now. But I think I might still like the appearance of the leather on the Ann D pair.

My personal boot collection is not as expansive compared to others. I've focused mainly on building up the essentials in my wardrobe with shirts, knitwear, and trousers the past few years and didn't have the fortune to be able to collect when Hedi was at Saint Laurent. I just have:

Common Projects black leather chelsea with a leather sole (used as beaters, somewhat similar silhouette to Celine's drug store chelseas)
Celine black leather camargue with chain harness (for date night out, dancing in clubs)
Balenciaga ribbed bikers (for when I want to wear a more eclectic outfit)

Recently realized I probably overspent on knitwear during the pandemic and might need to resell some things to instead pick up the 60mm Celine Jacnos or some Celine Jodhpurs. Maybe a tan or white boot for summer as well.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I'm currently only rocking Lucchese Black Cherry Lizards and Tony Lama Pythons. I also own ss16 leather harness wyatts, lizard wyatts, santiags, and padded combats, but haven't worn any of them in about 8 months. One day I'll get back into wearing them haha

The ease of just slipping on cowboy boots is unbeatable, don't even have to deal with a zipper or anything. Plus I've been wearing only my dior 21cms since they're they only pair of pants that still fit my thighs since I started lifting again :oops:

Maybe not boots, but I've been lusting over Rick white pony hair ramones for a second, but they're super rare and haven't seen any in my size before. My chucks are super shredded from skating in them, so I'd like to get an alternative pair of sneakers and those ricks are super cool.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
To build on this list and display the gross imbalance between my two pairs of boots, here is a run-down of my outerwear collection. It’s large enough that I sometimes think that nothing will be worn out due to the delight of rotations. I’m probably forgetting a few items, too, but this it the core of note.

• 2012? Dior Burgundy Peacoat - lightweight wool, perfect cut, very classic despite the color. Probably showing a touch of its age, so I don’t wear it as much
  • 2014 SLP Denim Jacket - perfect wash for me, very skinny/high armholes, still looks pristine because no pockets thus I don’t wear it too often!
  • 2014 SLP Duffle Coat - extremely warm, thick, durable wool noir. Very chic look. I had to have this altered a lot, because it was big on me. The tailor probably wanted to die struggling to make those adjustments!
  • 2015 SLP Runway Peacoat - black, heavy wool, slim, super fancy and warm. Looks exquisite, much better IMO than the boxy peacoat style that seems to be the default
  • 2016 SLP Chesterfield - black wool, cut slim, very business-y. This is the one with the black leather under the collar. I don’t wear it as much with the pandemic
  • 2016/2017? Dior Moto Racer Jacket - love this piece. Lamb, made in France, black but a dyed navy interior, excellent chunky hardware. I’m unsure when I bought it, but probably during the KVA era. Not as slim as my other jackets, so can layer. Leather is insane
  • 2016 SLP Teddy - black teddy with white stripes. Feels very luxe and still modern. A looker for sure, but maybe too avant-garde art rock for the everyday (to say the least). Every item here is 44 except this is the one piece I needed to size down to 42; otherwise, too boxy
  • 2018 SLP Trucker Jacket - lamb, cut very slim. They have been selling this model for a couple years now, I picked it up last year and it’s great. Luxe leather, extremely soft. Most complimented piece by men
  • 2019 SLP Black Shearling - this is a touch oversized, so can layer. Thick, « used » denim on the exterior, black shearling on the interior. Feels very 90s Johnny Depp to me
  • 2020 SLP Sherpa Jacket - not sure if it’s the right term, but it’s a light denim exterior with the white shearling interior. I wear this a ton. It’s like wearing a pillow. Still cut slim and is such an easy, casual piece
  • 2020 SLP Suede Shearling - most luxe piece. Looks better in person than in pictures. Different vibe from the others, and most complimented piece from the ladies. Extremely warm
the 16 chesterfield sounds gorgeous, always been a fan of slp chesters. the high arm holes and super slim body have looked perfect to me, wish I had the funds to buy one.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ease of just slipping on cowboy boots is unbeatable, don't even have to deal with a zipper or anything.
Yes I feel the same way about Chelsea boots. Sometimes the Celine backzip jodhpurs (second row far right in pic above) are just too much of a pain to put on. Although I do think that the jacno's silhouette is the best he's produced

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Yes I feel the same way about Chelsea boots. Sometimes the Celine backzip jodhpurs (second row far right in pic above) are just too much of a pain to put on. Although I do think that the jacno's silhouette is the best he's produced
Main reason I constantly use my chelseas

silentownage001

Reaction score
My collection is small. I've got the SL chelsea 30 in light tobacco and the zip 40 in land. I find the zip boots easier to get on and off than the chelseas.

I plan one expanding my boot collection primarily with more SL.

- Jodhpurs in suede. FarFetch still has black, but not totally sure yet if I want black. Otherwise the tan that's available is the same as my chelseas so not sure what I'll do here.
- Harness in suede. Not sure I like the nappier nut suede on the YSL site, but other retailers seem to have different versions.
- Harness in black leather. This might be next if I don't do the suede instead.
- Zip in black leather. Planning on getting these for when my girlfriend and I get married in the next 2-3 years.

I'd say that would complete my SL collection barring other cool colorways. I've always wanted grey suede so that could tempt me.

I might throw in Docs or something else to use as beaters, but tbd.

I'm occasionally tempted by chukkas, primarily the ones used in the Bond films, but they don't have the same vibe as sleek, laceless boots.

And finally, to tie this back to the Celine thread, if I was to get a pair from them, I'd want the Camargues from a few seasons back when they were simpler.

Jalen

Reaction score
Like SirGrotius, I also invested most of my money into outerwear so my footwear collection is quite small. At the moment it's just:

30mm black suede chelseas
Black leather harness boots
Nut suede harness boots
FW15 french 85 chelseas
Celine FW19 rangers
+ a pair of Celine monkstraps and creepers

Hoping to potentially add some more boots from Celine in the future. Perhaps the Berlin cavalry boots or the jacno chelsea/sidezip

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads