• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Louis Louis

Reaction score
Crockett & Jones’ Islay are very good.
Dark brown scotch grain iteration is lovely.

Attachments

• E049C0E6-8DC6-4007-BF9C-EF82674B57CB.jpeg
    E049C0E6-8DC6-4007-BF9C-EF82674B57CB.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 0B69A41D-56A0-46D4-9DBF-1C9DC7F8F4EB.jpeg
    0B69A41D-56A0-46D4-9DBF-1C9DC7F8F4EB.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 36

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
My two pairs of combat boots are the SLP AW16 Trekker boot and a pair of john varvatos suede boots. I wanted to get the SLP suede boots david beckham wore from AW14 but I never saw a pair pop up in my size. I'd probadly add a brown pair if I got another pair of boots.
1633812302875.png
1633812366516.png

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
haha, speaking of footwear. my boot game is not close to my RTW assemblage. Thinking about getting another pair. Right now I only have two boots (not counting JL low cut shoes that I wear on dressier occasions, such as Chapels, etc.).

My black boot:
2015 SLP Ranger Side Zip (a favorite)
View attachment 1682482

My most complimented shoe (JL Alder boots).
View attachment 1682483

Am thinking of picking up one more pair of boots between these three, or more likely, just getting bored and not buying any of them!

Black Museum Calf Alders (I have a collector side to me):

View attachment 1682489
View attachment 1682486

Celine on MrPorter (so ugly I kind of love it):
View attachment 1682487

Celine Rangers (don't mind this side buckle, but may be too duplicative with my SLPs):

View attachment 1682488

One little tricky thing is once you wear Lobbs everything else feels junky, but I can probably get by that with HS brand loyalty.

That SLP ranger is such a nice and versatile boot. Back then I just got into fashion in a serious way so paying designer prices was still rough for me and I never went for them unfortunately. In the end they're worth it though especially if you've been wearing them for six years already.

I like those Blundstone type boots on women and I'm happy to finally see a Hedi version of them, altough I've never liked them for men.

I have other footwear as well (Celine, Haider) but this is my boot rotation. With this simple combo I cover most bases I think. Both boots are FromTheFirst.

FromTheFirst2402215926_1800x1800.jpg

Enzo_BlackLux_02_1800x1800.jpg

And speaking of boots, this video popped up on my YT recommended. Cool to see the inside of the heel specifically, or not cool at all, depending on your perspective.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Only two pairs of boots?! You guys are slacking on your footwear!

I have over 20 pairs of boots. 16 of them are from Saint Laurent.

Haha, technically three pairs but one of them is a Haider pair for special occasions. Unfortunately I have multiple expensive hobbies and most of my money has been going to outerwear this year.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, technically three pairs but one of them is a Haider pair for special occasions. Unfortunately I have multiple expensive hobbies and most of my money has been going to outerwear this year.
I can get behind this

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Only two pairs of boots?! You guys are slacking on your footwear!

I have over 20 pairs of boots. 16 of them are from Saint Laurent.
damn I'd never be able to decide what pair to wear. I basically only rotate between 2 pairs these days, and even that's hard enough as is.

Adamdraps

Reaction score

I understand

it was always about the boots for me. I'm lacking in the outerwear though.

damn I'd never be able to decide what pair to wear. I basically only rotate between 2 pairs these days, and even that's hard enough as is.

Yeah it can be overwhelming at times which is why I know what I'm going to wear a few days ahead. lol

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Lol I messed up. I have 11 pair of boots I just thought we were specially talking about lace ups.

rire

Reaction score
Just for fun, my boot roster includes:

FW13 ochre Wyatt
FW13 patent leather army boots
FW15 black leather chelsea Wyatt
FW16 brown python looking leather Devon
Celine black leather harness Camargue

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got:

DH 6.5 cm
SLP Jodphur 30 black calf
SLP Wyatt 40 side zips black calf
SLP Chelsea 30 brown suede
SLP Dakota Black Suede (I never wear these, and hate them)
Celine Back Zip Jodphur
Celine 60 mm Jodphur dark brown suede

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Send boot collection pics.

Give me some time for that lol
for now, here's the list

FW13 cowboy wyatts in Ochre x3- one pair in my actual size 43, a 44 and a sample pair in 44
FW13 harness wyatts in ochre
FW13 chain harness wyatts in black suede
FW13 harness wyatts in black leather
SS16 harness wyatts in nut suede- tightest shaft- lighter shade nut
FW15 harness wyatts in nut suede- widest shaft- darker shade nut- super nappy
unknown season harness wyatts in nut suede- my rain/beater boots
unknown season harness wyatts in sigaro
FW16 jodhpurs in sigaro x2
FW16 jodhpurs in black leather
SS16 fringe wyatts in tan
FW15 lizard embossed wyatts

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While we're waiting for others to post their lists of boots, or pics of boots: what are everyone's grails?

For me, I'd really like to get my hands on the Dior gold ones. Other than that, I wouldn't mind getting some actual python ones, either from Saint Laurent or the Celine ones. Unrelatedly, some python derbies would be amazing

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll probably get the Celine drugstore ones later this year, currently wearing the Givenchy Dallas boots (the ones without the metal in the toe cap)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads