• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Louis Louis

Reaction score
It may seems ridiculous, but don't forget that there is a lot of money and marketing studies behind this. We, as historical aficionados, are no more the targets. The brand goes where the money is (in short Asia). European stores being mainly stocked with "essential items" and the more classical novelties.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't see this phase lasting the way Hedi's classic look has. I don't hate it, it's just obviously not suitable for me as someone who just wants to look attractive in a classic way, and to blend in, not to be cool and make a statement.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
The collection looks so awful, it's such a pity that this is what it's come to for our favorite designer. I have to say that I don't mind this look, although I'd ditch the choker and the terrible sunglasses:
summer2022_men_look_57_01.jpg

It's just the way it's thrown together that's bad. I don't actually dislike anything here apart from the Oakley style sunglasses and the choker on men gives me a lot more BDSM vibes than it does on women but as far as the clothes go I think everything is fine. It's just that nothing goes together here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol!!

One rather ominous note, IMO, is the consistency lack of inventory on the webstore. Was HS-era SLP of the same vein and the recent deluge of selections more of an AV thing, or is there a glaring paucity of pieces relative to other Hedi collections?

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
I can't see this phase lasting the way Hedi's classic look has.

It's unfortunate that as of now about half of Hedi's Celine will be looked back upon as a commentary on trends where comparatively his Dior/Saint Laurent collections are seen as a personal style aesthetic that seeped into and defined the cultural zeitgeist.

I'm wondering if Spring19/Fall19 may not necessarily have been an extension of Saint Laurent that many people perceived it as but instead Hedi wanting to finally close out an era defined at Saint Laurent that he wasn't able to due to his contract not being renewed. He just used Celine to make a final declaration while simultaneously setting the stage at Celine under his direction compared to Phoebe Philo's. But maybe I'm just being an Hedi-apologist.

SS20/FW20 collections will probably be what Hedi's Celine will be adored for retroactively through his intrepretations of the Parisian bourgeoise.

TDK onwards feels like Hedi is using Celine as his personal playground to create and try different collections based on various subcultures/inspirations of his.

That was so bad I almost liked it.

lol. it's kinda similar to those sorts of cult films. I was thinking of when I'm driving and I see a dead animal at the side of the road, I don't want to look, but something makes me.

I still think there is a few stand out jackets and even entire looks, but just find it hard to inspired enough to feel the need to add anything to my wardrobe due to the pieces feeling more trend-oriented than being able to last. If anything, at least the photography of the collection is great. Some of the photos of the models are so moody and posing so melodramatic that I love it.

One rather ominous note, IMO, is the consistency lack of inventory on the webstore. Was HS-era SLP of the same vein and the recent deluge of selections more of an AV thing, or is there a glaring paucity of pieces relative to other Hedi collections?

Hedi's last saint laurent collection with the broken heart is so iconic that I would assume Hedi would want to have his final collection at Celine have a certain amount of showmanship or panache, so if the ominious tone being questioned is implying an end I guess the only thing we can is wait and see.

While talking to a SA over the weekend, I was complaining about the lack of inventory for the frilled collar shirt from TKP. He was telling me how that shirt (and most of the pieces in the collection) are simply not being made in mass quantities or with the assumption a lot of people are going to buy it. He even straight up said there is a better chance certain items would be available through Mr. Porter than through Celine stores/webstore. I'm wondering if this is just LVMH deprioritizing ready to wear in favor of other areas like bags, fragrances, now candles, etc.

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While talking to a SA over the weekend, I was complaining about the lack of inventory for the frilled collar shirt from TKP. He was telling me how that shirt (and most of the pieces in the collection) are simply not being made in mass quantities or with the assumption a lot of people are going to buy it. He even straight up said there is a better chance certain items would be available through Mr. Porter than through Celine stores/websotre. I'm wondering if this is just LVMH deprioritizing ready to wear in favor of other areas like bags, fragrances, now candles, etc.
This is interesting/depressing to hear. I wonder if anyone else has communicated with SA's on this subject?

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
cry more boomers, the world, and hedi, has moved on and left you behind

View attachment 1675932

Unfortunate that you would use an outdated meme as a username for your troll account.

If you kept up with the thread you'd realize most of us have already accepted these facts a long time ago. There's been plenty of conversation around the switch up and the Asian market. I don't think you're going to get the response you're hoping for here.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate that you would use an outdated meme as a username for your troll account.

If you kept up with the thread you'd realize most of us have already accepted these facts a long time ago. There's been plenty of conversation around the switch up and the Asian market. I don't think you're going to get the response you're hoping for here.
I actually thought that was a good name for a troll account lol. Notice that right under Celine is Kenzo wtf.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
This is interesting/depressing to hear.

Depressing because they aren't expecting people to buy it and so the few items that people do want might end up sold out. But in the above image from the troll account there are indicators that the demand is there. So even more unsure why they don't manufacture enough or have expectations people aren't interested in the men's ready to wear. (Unless even the Celine team knows that Hedi's pieces have become wilder and so they just underproduce everything to be safe.) I have noticed recently at the NY locations that there have been lines of woman who are interested in the handbags and have seen the bags in the wild (I guess Hedi getting kpop stars as brand ambassadors paid off), but there aren't that many people looking at the men's ready to wear. So maybe the above graph is only indicating brand awareness.

But this guy is really showing off that kpop stars can cause an interest in the menswear too.

Notice that right under Celine is Kenzo wtf.

Probably from Kenzo's recent death in combination with hypebeast designer Nigo taking the reign causing an influx in people searching for the brand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads