• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Bryan55

Reaction score
I'm curious what led to the decision to have candles. Is anyone considering buying them? I saw they plan to have a nightclubbing candle and as much as I love nightclubbing as a fragrance I can't see myself wanting to have my own apartment smell like the combination of nicotine and vanilla.

I myself have just been getting into candles as I’ve picked up a few leather scented from Malin + Goetz. So far I’m a fan and I enjoy them so I’m thinking I’ll pick up the Celine candles too along with restocks of the my bottles of fragrances which are running low. But to your point I’m not sure if I’d want my home smelling like nicotine as found in Nightclubbing. As a scent for a long night out? Sure. To come home to after working for 9 hours? Don’t know about that.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoegaze - those knits both look like easy wins. The first one in particular will be perfect this fall in NYC. I have a surfeit of slim black cashmere sweaters (akin to others here), so didn't need one more although the one you posted looks a safe bet, too.

RE: candles, I'd envision that they aid in building out the Celine universe, and not sure if it's an American thing, but I find them fairly ubiquitous. I have a few from YSL, which I like for their aesthetic and of course ambiance. Dans Paris and Eau De Californie seem natural go-tos for me, if I see them available online. Nightclubbing is the last one I'd order - well, maybe if one is having a party....

godnose

Reaction score
Lil Huddy wore this on the red carpet for the US MTV music awards.

Oh yeh ? does make me even cooler? I don't know how to feel about this!

gettyimages-1340125583-2048x2048.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, that's kind of neat in a weird way to me. The chain seems a bit heavy literally and figuratively.

The shoes are growing on me. Kim Jones even started doing the same boots at Dior with a bit of metallic on the toe. It seems menswear jewelry is the way to churn a profit these days.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a weird look to sport at an awards show, or am I missing something? And isn't that the exact same look as in teh runway show? Like, his stylist just copied the runway look?

I think the shoes look ok, just not my thing.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
It's a weird look to sport at an awards show, or am I missing something?
I think the fact that it's MTV implies a certain sense of informality or a punk attitude which makes the oufit look fine here. Other awards show it might stand out in a weird way.

I'm not particularly a fan of the derbies either, the sole is a bit too clunky where it seems like it would be hard to pull off with normal Hedi pieces and would require a wide fit pair of trousers. But even then the metallic on the toe feels more like an afterthought than feeling like it belongs.

Speaking of award shows, I didn't realize Eugene Yang wore an Hedi-era Dior tuxedo to the Met Gala until he credited it on his instagram post. The Jimmy Choo heels feel out of place with the tux, but apparently he was planning on wearing a dress that unfortunately was scrapped at the very last second so he scrambled to borrow the Dior tuxedo from a friend. Given the situation, deciding to wear this doesn't seem like it was a bad ending after all.

gettyimages-1340152179-1024x1024.jpg

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guy in the MTV pic looks fine except for the leather trousers.

godnose

Reaction score
It was more of an observation and for you to get an better idea on what it will look like.

I personally hate it. ?

Oh right, I have the jacket and I really love it. The zebra collar is the only aspect that bothers me a bit as the detail so near the face is overly fussy, but wearing with a hoodie as on the runway it looks lovely. Had to be XS though, these are significantly oversized.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that Hedi-era tux (they never changed it, it's still the same design, at least when I bought mine from maybe 2017).The only problem is not a ton of tux-friendly events for the past two years, ahh!

That Zebra denim jacket seems very much on trend, as it infuses a known HS staple into the denim-mania that seems to be creeping about these days. I have no qualms with this focus. :)

papillo

Reaction score
My purview has shrunk to Philadelphia, New York, and LA. I don’t travel much now obviously and even then it’s been like one visit here or there.

Do you all see some Celine pieces in the wild or is it more of an East-Asian phenomenon? RE: the skinny jeans discussion on the SL thread, I still see a ton of them, but mostly on the young professional or professional crowd, whereas the billowy Celine jeans are ubiquitous in the under 18 crowd, particular, les jeunes femmes.

I haven't seen any of the billowing Jean (from Celine or anyone else) in the wild either around my way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads