• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
I really liked the show and I was expecting to hate it. A lot of it is too youthful for me but I still like the design and there’s some great pieces in there as well for the more classic Hedi such as the black and white biker jacket.

doublementh

Reaction score
idk why everyone's complaining; this show has cemented that, for the foreseeable future, 'trends' are meaningless and that this is completely about self-expression. it is, if anything, an affirmation of what we all know and love, just with a playful spin. please take some comfort in knowing that the models all size up on their jackets and they don't actually fit like that. look at the wild variation of silhouettes we're getting here. and these leathers look awesome. the elephant jeans can burn alive but we'll get past them as soon as we all reach an understanding that skate culture hasn't been relevant since like 1995.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Hey Kieran, I actually just purchased the double breasted version of this coat (for an absolute steal i might add) and I'm assuming it fits somewhat similar. I went for a size 46 which is my TTS and it fits absolutely perfect. In comparison, I'm a 46 in SLP blazers/chesterfields and a size small in the PC denim jacket. It feels fitted in the shoulders, but is cut slightly wider in the body than my SLP coats which allow the coat to have a nicer drape. The 100% cashmere also feels amazing in-hand. View attachment 1647164 Hope this helps!

I have this one its well made, warm and classic.

GT-R

Reaction score
Love the show. It reminds me of a friend who already styles himself in a very similar fashion. He's the same height and build as me, so whenever I see his fits, I know I could rob him on the spot and look just as excellent.

My issue with the show is why they always record at 25fps with the standard shutter speed. It should be 50 or 60fps, and a higher shutter speed, so we can see the clothes and the spectacle. Right now, we're seeing a lot of blur and I'm straining to see the clothes.
Hedi likes cutting fast too. That doesn't help.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My issue with the show is why they always record at 25fps with the standard shutter speed. It should be 50 or 60fps, and a higher shutter speed, so we can see the clothes and the spectacle. Right now, we're seeing a lot of blur and I'm straining to see the clothes.
Hedi likes cutting fast too. That doesn't help.
I can't comment on the shutter speed issue, but I totally agree that these videos make it virtually impossible to see the clothes that well. Granted, I've been too lazy to look at them on my tv, which might remedy this--I just don't really care that much.

I thought the show was good, by the standards of post dancing kid Celine. I don't see what you guys are seeing in the leather jackets. It's hard for me to really get interested in much when the word "Celine" is branded across something, which is a red line for me personally. I guess I might look into the white boots, which may give off an Alan Vega vibe in a better context
merlin_186318228_8b9e7e5d-a170-4614-bb5f-13dc6f0b66c6-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I can't comment on the shutter speed issue, but I totally agree that these videos make it virtually impossible to see the clothes that well. Granted, I've been too lazy to look at them on my tv, which might remedy this--I just don't really care that much.

I thought the show was good, by the standards of post dancing kid Celine. I don't see what you guys are seeing in the leather jackets. It's hard for me to really get interested in much when the word "Celine" is branded across something, which is a red line for me personally. I guess I might look into the white boots, which may give off an Alan Vega vibe in a better context
merlin_186318228_8b9e7e5d-a170-4614-bb5f-13dc6f0b66c6-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Pretty much exactly my thoughts. I prefer looking at pictures over videos when it comes to runways unless it's something crazy like Alexander McQueen SS01 or SS99 but something like that is a very rare exception because I just don't care that much about fashion shows.

Once again I don't think this season is bad, I just don't care for it. Some cool things here and there.

You're thinking Alan Vega, I was thinking more straight up hard rock like Scorpions.

image.jpeg

BasicJB

Reaction score
I quite like the gothic hooded varsity jacket and general vibe of the kurt jeans. The weird flares at the hem of the kurt jeans bothered me slightly (would prefer either a true flare or nothing) so not sure if it's worth effort for tailoring or just find a more straight tapered style.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered the Chesterfield in a 48. I'm a true 50 but any Chesterfields since AW13 have swamped me in 50 so I think it should fit. Not looking to wear it over a blazer or heavy knitwear either. Will feed back on it when I get it. Appreciate the input.

godnose

Reaction score
I'm really pleased to hear that people liked Cosmic Cruiser, even if it wasn't to my taste. I'm a little bit more streetwear oriented, and CC was a bit more glam. But it'd make sense to alternate this angle season-to-season to get people buying what they want now and not being tempted by a new piece from a forthcoming collection and put of the current-season purchase, so we will see.

I think Cosmic Cruiser looks to be having a warm welcome in the press and with customers, and that is great news because I want Hedi to stay at Celine and for it to keep developing (just a little bit more TDK and TKP for my taste).

Looking at the YouTube view counts for the shows on the official CELINE account it's very interesting to see.

YouTube views as of 4 August 2021:
  • SS 2021, The Dancing Kid: 200,000 views (this caught people off guard, quite TikTok for people, not to everyone's taste)
  • AW 2021, Teen Knight Poem: 748,000 views (a major awakening, people got interested)
  • SS 2022, Cosmic Cruiser: 423,000 views (after just 1 week, this is impressive and seems to be doing very well)

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the cashmere chesterfield. It's a bit too tight in the arm holes. Could maybe get away with it but although the shoulders are excellent, the length and volume in the body is a bit too much and I'd definitely need some considerable alterations done so I'm going to return it.

I'm the worst kind of customer really because I'm not buying out of a need as I have a lot of clothes, and so things need to be almost perfect for me to bother.

Probably going to pick up the black suede Wyatt (Hedi) 30 from Saint Laurent. I presume these are still the same as they were under Hedi?

Cheers

SpencerA

Reaction score
What Celine model/code/fit of jeans has the highest rise? looking for something slim with a high waist.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spencer - I have the skinny fit jeans and I have found the waist much higher than SLP skinny jeans, if that's any help. I imagine the Kurt jeans are even higher, but I couldn't bear to look at myself in them, haha. Even the skinny fit look saggy on me due to the high rise, but I'm only 5'6" around 125 lbs so prefer more of a lower rise to elongate the legs.

Kieran - totally hear you. Very similar in that I have too much Dior and SL so Celine really needs to knock it out of the park for me to be satisfied with the fit. I'm more into the idea than the actual fits these days, sadly.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I have clothes that for me are pretty much perfect, so I know I won't end up wearing anything less. I've always had to try a lot of jackets to find one that fits well enough for me to be happy though, even back at Saint Laurent during the best seasons.

Jackets are the one area I could do with a bit more variety in my wardrobe on. A tan or even black suede, a shearling, or something like that would be a nice addition for me. Wish I'd made more effort to get to stores and try more before SS21 now.

I'm very close to having a pretty complete wardrobe hopefully I can finish it.

Now I've sent the chesterfield back I think I'm going to buy the new solar power Cartier tank must in steel with black strap size L. Looks pretty tasteful and a low enough price for me to be able to use it without caring too much like I would with a Louis or something in that price range.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads