• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Man, this one really doesn't vibe with me personally. This is like Dancing Kid, but way less fun. Say what you will, but Dancing Kid at least was exciting and in parts wearable in summer weather.
We really have reached fashion equilibrium when Hedi Slimane brings JNCOs to the runway...

The show itself was wildly entertaining with the dirt bike performers doing tricks etc and the music, it was truly a show. In terms of the clothing and styling I loved the open side sequin tank top and the leather skinny jeans paired with some of oversized jackets and tops. The elephant jeans were shocking, he's done ultra wide leg before in different materials but never like this, I see teenagers wearing elephant jeans the time and they predate JNCO's. The snake trucker vest I want to try on, possibly sized down. The green camo harness is not my style but I could see 100 asian social media guys wearing this is a 100 different configurations, the puppy dog cardigan and the Silk organza skirt are v Harry Styles. I see he stuck to the leather studded chokers which are cool. The show definitely had several different silhouettes at play. The palm tree caftan is peak over the top capitalism on display, a very Liberace Palm Springs vibe to it. The footwear was interesting as well, white boots are back. If you realize Hedi is already starting to add elements of his classic style in but also hurling in and even exaggerating the youth Tik Tok styles. Hedi is definitely setting the Celine boy apart from the Saint Laurent boy. I enjoy that he's making waves and shaking things up.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely saw some elements of classic style, as noted above. For instance, I must have missed this piece, but the sleeve fit I love. Maybe he'll do one with a logo or white shoulder pad. ;)

I view the elephant jeans as a RO-esque shock rock aspect to the show. For instance, they're spread everywhere on instagram and the odd assemblage of photos they sent to Vogue. For me, it's to make an impression (disgust!) and then okay, what's going on here really?

pockets

Reaction score
1627590305957.jpeg

i didnt notice this biker jacket with the tonal patches in the show, but i love it

nolovelost23

Reaction score
looks like many of the fragrances are out of stock.
at least on the US site

Bryan55

Reaction score
Realistically, where can you actually wear those elephant jeans? To the office? A club? Casual night on the town? That’s my biggest thing with skinny jeans, they can still be dressed up with a blazer of some kind to be worn to a wide variety of places. Can anyone of us actually see wearing these elephant jeans to say an in person client meeting with the exception of say those who work in fashion??

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Realistically, where can you actually wear those elephant jeans? To the office? A club? Casual night on the town? That’s my biggest thing with skinny jeans, they can still be dressed up with a blazer of some kind to be worn to a wide variety of places. Can anyone of us actually see wearing these elephant jeans to say an in person client meeting with the exception of say those who work in fashion??

Realistically probably teenagers, skater boys and people hard pressed to fit in. I feel like he added them in to **** with people since people are always ******* with him, and I think its hilarious. It's probably not a good idea to take fashion shows or anything for that matter so seriously.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here tried or own this chesterfield?

For comparisons I'm a 50 in classic Hedi Saint Laurent blazers, and usually 48 in Chesterfields such as the AW15 ones (50 in the AW13 velvet collar one though). Most jackets I'm between 48 and 50. Best fitting jacket I have is probably the SS15 permanent collection denim jacket which is a Large. Large in all knitwear and most t shirts and hoodies from SL and Celine.

Would really appreciate any input. Cheers

Lit Harington

Reaction score
Realistically probably teenagers, skater boys and people hard pressed to fit in. I feel like he added them in to **** with people since people are always ******* with him, and I think its hilarious. It's probably not a good idea to take fashion shows or anything for that matter so seriously.
yeah i think this is pretty much right.

people don't look at some of the more absurd rick owens looks and ask "where on earth could I wear this?" I don't think it's outrageous that hedi might, in his own way, be doing the same thing with the elephant jeans, despite the fact that has always been celebrated for making clothes that people see on the runway and immediately want to wear.

the venn diagram of people who could get away with wearing them (skaters, tiktokers) and people that might actually afford them is surely extremely small - hard to imagine that these will be a cash cow for celine.

on that note - how much do we reckon they'll cost? $1k?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
people don't look at some of the more absurd rick owens looks and ask "where on earth could I wear this?" I don't think it's outrageous that hedi might, in his own way, be doing the same thing with the elephant jeans, despite the fact that has always been celebrated for making clothes that people see on the runway and immediately want to wear.
Not trying to be argumentative here, but I kinda feel like the unsuitability of Rick's clothes for everyday living is the point--or at least the point is in delivering an edge of uncanniness to the overall look, if that makes sense. I'm having difficulty describing this. To me, Hedi Slimane's designs (with some exceptions, like luster) have always been just clothes that are wearable and look cool. Rick types, like those on stylezeitgeist, would just say Hedi slimane is ripping off subcultural looks of the past, which is what 90% of the people in this thread actually want.

I'm with Jabba, though, that this latest collection would work well for teenagers of a certain type. I don't think it's going to come close to working for most other people, though I don't think lance bass looks that bad in that hideous leather above.

Bryan55

Reaction score

Yeah I get what you’re saying and you’re right but with me (and I’m guessing a few of us here) I look at fashion more of like can I wear this daily based on the overall costs per wear breakdown. It’s one thing if it’s haute couture which I know can be more experimental but I’d have to say Celine hasnt gone that route yet.

Jalen

Reaction score
Anyone here tried or own this chesterfield?

For comparisons I'm a 50 in classic Hedi Saint Laurent blazers, and usually 48 in Chesterfields such as the AW15 ones (50 in the AW13 velvet collar one though). Most jackets I'm between 48 and 50. Best fitting jacket I have is probably the SS15 permanent collection denim jacket which is a Large. Large in all knitwear and most t shirts and hoodies from SL and Celine.

Would really appreciate any input. Cheers
Hey Kieran, I actually just purchased the double breasted version of this coat (for an absolute steal i might add) and I'm assuming it fits somewhat similar. I went for a size 46 which is my TTS and it fits absolutely perfect. In comparison, I'm a 46 in SLP blazers/chesterfields and a size small in the PC denim jacket. It feels fitted in the shoulders, but is cut slightly wider in the body than my SLP coats which allow the coat to have a nicer drape. The 100% cashmere also feels amazing in-hand.
IMG_0846.JPG
Hope this helps!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads