• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Fred-JettRink

Reaction score
Man, this one really doesn't vibe with me personally. This is like Dancing Kid, but way less fun. Say what you will, but Dancing Kid at least was exciting and in parts wearable in summer weather.
We really have reached fashion equilibrium when Hedi Slimane brings JNCOs to the runway...

Lit Harington

Reaction score
Man, this one really doesn't vibe with me personally. This is like Dancing Kid, but way less fun. Say what you will, but Dancing Kid at least was exciting and in parts wearable in summer weather.
We really have reached fashion equilibrium when Hedi Slimane brings JNCOs to the runway...
totally agree

i feel like if hedi had presented this as the first of the last 3 shows, we'd all be losing our minds (not in a good way), but TDK, and to a lesser extent TKP, mean this show isn't such a wild departure.

I think if you tried to explain this show to someone who hadnt seen a hedi show since 2019 they would think you were joking.

Fred-JettRink

Reaction score
totally agree

i feel like if hedi had presented this as the first of the last 3 shows, we'd all be losing our minds (not in a good way), but TDK, and to a lesser extent TKP, mean this show isn't such a wild departure.

I think if you tried to explain this show to someone who hadnt seen a hedi show since 2019 they would think you were joking.

Which is funny, because i liked TDK somewhat and loved TKP, but this one really doesn't do it. In my mind TKP was so good because it fused what old-school Hedi stood for and what modern Hedi has to look like to appeal to Zoomers. CR feels like two steps forward one step back.
Also lol @ your last sentence, so true. (I'm still glad Hedis designs are evolving, regardless if i like them or not)

Randeep

Reaction score
Really didn't like this at all after the TDK and TKP runway shows, and the production value looks like it dropped to a level I'd expect over at YSL in a budget Vaccarello cut, not HS at Celine.

Nevertheless, the upside is what Celine has been and continues to churn out, in conjunction with scarce or no availability of things I as a customer actually want (should I really be having to cross check several sites/regional site variations/whatsapping SAs/believing Celine IG posts when they say "online and in-store now" ???) means my wallet has some much needed respite :)

Also - peak cringe:

CELINE_HOMME_COSMIC_CRUISER.gif

godnose

Reaction score
Which is funny, because i liked TDK somewhat and loved TKP, but this one really doesn't do it. In my mind TKP was so good because it fused what old-school Hedi stood for and what modern Hedi has to look like to appeal to Zoomers. CR feels like two steps forward one step back.
Also lol @ your last sentence, so true. (I'm still glad Hedis designs are evolving, regardless if i like them or not)

I agree. I really liked TDK and absolutely loved TKP. This feels quite reserved after those. But it feels a bit more traditional Hedi? A bit more skinny in places and a bit more monochrome. I feel like the Hedi traditionalists must be a little more pleased with this. But it's not quite for me. It does also feel like a cheaper production than both of those shows, but to be honest TKP and the enormous billboard campaigns for it must have cost an absolute fortune so I am not totally surprised that spring summer gets a haircut.

I'll be interested to check this stuff out when it releases, but for TKP I have been genuinely checking the website constantly to see if it was in and it so far looks to have been selling out fast. Maybe Celine is going to be an autumn winter focused brand (that would kind of make sense)... Time will tell.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fairly on point takeaways godnose. I was okay with the first few minutes and liked the skinny leather jeans, not that I'd ever wear them, but in general, don't see myself buying a single item. I might warm up to it, but why bother. I wonder if it'll even be posted on Vogue Runway. I like their treatment of the photos, but this seems so b level.

pockets

Reaction score
i think hedi is listening to lil uzi

i like the proportions of the top silhouettes, the volume and the flowability of the tops, it feels cozy. loose. few cool jackets with some crazy embellishments. another push for unexpected layering. dont dig the oversized pants though at all

Last edited:

BasicJB

Reaction score
Philipp Plein x Gucci x PacSun x Hot Topic?

Those skater jeans reminded me of my youth (mall rat days) in the late 90s but I can't imagine myself wearing them again as I approach 40

I did enjoy the all black glam rock/new romantics vibe that opened the show but got distracted by all the colors/sequins/tulles/slogans that came after. Already looking forward to the women's presentation...

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, what the hell was this show???
Bro, I don't know. I was hoping there'd be extensive photos on vogue, because I chickened out after a minute watching the video this morning. But now I think I'm going to have to force myself to actually watch teh full video which is not something I want to subject myself to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads