• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

godnose

Reaction score
Honestly, TDK and TKP were so good for me! I agree, that the Celine womenswear is far more mature, but I think it's reflecting a few things. The Celine woman is older, generally, but these could also be worn by younger women as well, who are wanting to look chic. It's kinda (young) women becoming empowered, remember how everyone was raging with that first Hedi Celine womenswear collection? On the other hand Celine is letting guys be fun and young. It's women taking on male realms and men taking on female realms - and this is a niche!

It's also fashionable, it's Harry Styles dating Olivia Wilde???

I am really pleased to see the menswear SS22 collection is scheduled ?, I was actually getting worried for a second. Cosmic Cruiser... Hmm, cruiser and that haircomb could be a bit of a 1960s greaser thing... I don't want that, I don't want Brylcreem and skinny. I want TDK in outer space. I'm hoping for moon-suit-inspired cuts, astronaut wear, space-y boots. Let's see what we get.

pockets

Reaction score
Ahh interesting, was wondering if there were period no show.

I'm not too familiar with Peter Utz. I like his style. Is he a paid influencer? For some reason, the term influencer makes me cringe!

peter utz is the plug to all these influencers.

Honestly, TDK and TKP were so good for me! I agree, that the Celine womenswear is far more mature, but I think it's reflecting a few things. The Celine woman is older, generally, but these could also be worn by younger women as well, who are wanting to look chic. It's kinda (young) women becoming empowered, remember how everyone was raging with that first Hedi Celine womenswear collection? On the other hand Celine is letting guys be fun and young. It's women taking on male realms and men taking on female realms - and this is a niche!

It's also fashionable, it's Harry Styles dating Olivia Wilde???

I am really pleased to see the menswear SS22 collection is scheduled ?, I was actually getting worried for a second. Cosmic Cruiser... Hmm, cruiser and that haircomb could be a bit of a 1960s greaser thing... I don't want that, I don't want Brylcreem and skinny. I want TDK in outer space. I'm hoping for moon-suit-inspired cuts, astronaut wear, space-y boots. Let's see what we get.

i too infer greaser vibes off of the invite, maybe pulls from daft punk styling or cadillacs and dinosaurs lol

BasicJB

Reaction score
Received my invite recently but honestly not sure that the comb does. Are we expecting a barbershop inspired collection? Sweeney Todd x Hot Topic?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose Celine is marching to its own beat, for better or for worse! I'm a bit tired of the "runway" videos; I miss the live shows, not that I'd watch the whole thing but I'm vapid enough that I have a modicum of interest on who's who sitting in the front row and some of the other randomness of a live event.

BasicJB

Reaction score
The front row used to be a lot more interesting and I really don't need to see tiktokers rolling in on skateboards wearing rainbow colored hoodies. I somehow prefer the atmospheric feeling of the show videos and I think it allows Hedi more control over his vision.

The teaser video is a bit meh, but I bet we won't see a castle this time

I suppose Celine is marching to its own beat, for better or for worse! I'm a bit tired of the "runway" videos; I miss the live shows, not that I'd watch the whole thing but I'm vapid enough that I have a modicum of interest on who's who sitting in the front row and some of the other randomness of a live event.

godnose

Reaction score

The front row used to be a lot more interesting and I really don't need to see tiktokers rolling in on skateboards wearing rainbow colored hoodies. I somehow prefer the atmospheric feeling of the show videos and I think it allows Hedi more control over his vision.

The teaser video is a bit meh, but I bet we won't see a castle this time

Oh I'm really enjoying these videos instead of the audience shows actually. Much more interesting and greater scope for creativity. I've enjoyed the locations and clean visuals without audiences everywhere.

And so we have our first view of Cosmic Cruiser. Now it's looking very festival-inspired (kinda Fyre Festival! ?). Really hoping for a great show. TKP is selling very fast by the looks of things, so I don't think that they have any reason to change course now.

BasicJB

Reaction score
Haha maybe we can expect to see a CELINE rocket tomorrow?

Perhaps Hedi is really courting for the Chanel job?

1627326902242.png

after seeing richard branson and bezos go to space, I'm gonna be extremely disappointed if we don't see hedi in space with a collection name like "cosmic cruiser"

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
No aliens. Hedi wasn't in a rocket.

It's kind of what I expected. Just more of the same. Not a lot of personality in this collection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads