• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

silentownage001

Reaction score
Six Week Residency is a new brand from Canada. They make a skinny jean and ultra skinny. I have a pair of both. They are awesome! Here's a fit pic of the ultra skinny (sorry if not allowed)

I'm 5'10 at 135-138 pounds and take their smallest size 28

Their skinny jeans looked so promising for me, but the 9 inch front rise is too low :( I find something more like 10.5-11 inches is necessary, which I've only found from Levis and Express.

Without derailing the thread further, if anyone knows of a brand that might work feel free to pm me.

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
@SirGrotius I do like the Saint Laurent jeans but the thing I like about the Nudie ones is the stay black whereas the SL ones I find always fade after a few washes. I know some people love the fades especially with raw denim but for me I want them to stay black.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s an interesting point. I’m one of those gross dudes who washes his jeans infrequently at best and I go to cleaner so haven’t noticed much fading. I could see more regular cycles catalyzing a fade craze.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I'll take Amiri pics any day over the pseudo-intellectual aspiring fashion writer tripe and endless pictures of awkward teenagers. He's probably somewhere else on the internet under a different handle obsessing, and claiming to be a long-time fan of something completely different.

I liked most of what he posted since it was an easy way of keeping up with Celine and their audience without actively doing anything of my own. I'll admit that I don't care for the asian hypebeasts and edgy european kids but on the other hand it makes me happy to know that I'm not them (although I have to be careful with the latter but I think I'm too old to turn into one). It's also cool to see someone talk about something they're passionate about.

I like that this forum is lax in its moderation and we're able to talk about whatever. And I personally think the conversations of Amiri and skinny jeans are slightly related to Celine and Hedi so to me it's fine. It gets especially boring if we're between shows that we don't care about.

That’s an interesting point. I’m one of those gross dudes who washes his jeans infrequently at best and I go to cleaner so haven’t noticed much fading. I could see more regular cycles catalyzing a fade craze.

I'll wash them every once in a while if they're full of dog/cat hair but as long as they don't look dirty I'm not washing them.

Randeep

Reaction score
Randeep that jacket is really nice I wish they'd reissue it.

You're probably the best person to ask about really skinny jeans as well. Any high quality brands do nice ones or any recommendations in general? I mainly wear the looser skinny Celine / Saint Laurent jeans but some trainers look really nice with skinnier jeans.

Thanks

Not sure if I'm the best - waist size permitting, I live in 2013/14 SL jeans. For the past year or so as a cheap alternative I've been really enjoying this pair which I bought several of to just run into the ground. They're nothing special besides the fact they're (super) skinny -- probably a 13.5cm hem, and they retain their shape well (including around knee area). But they go well with very skinny shafted earlier season boots too, and would be my hem opening of choice if wearing with trainers even if it's a bit Essex like. Those six week residency ones posted earlier seem quite cool too.

youwhat

Reaction score
Their skinny jeans looked so promising for me, but the 9 inch front rise is too low :( I find something more like 10.5-11 inches is necessary, which I've only found from Levis and Express.

Without derailing the thread further, if anyone knows of a brand that might work feel free to pm me.

big dick crew :cheers:

Which levis?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm the best - waist size permitting, I live in 2013/14 SL jeans. For the past year or so as a cheap alternative I've been really enjoying this pair which I bought several of to just run into the ground. They're nothing special besides the fact they're (super) skinny -- probably a 13.5cm hem, and they retain their shape well (including around knee area). But they go well with very skinny shafted earlier season boots too, and would be my hem opening of choice if wearing with trainers even if it's a bit Essex like. Those six week residency ones posted earlier seem quite cool too.

Cheers Randeep. With trainers like the SL01 I like a Hedi 16cm hem and no break, but for some trainers the really skinny hem just hitting the top looks great and I don't care if it's considered a bit love island, Essex, etc. I don't think I'd wear them with shoes or boots other than maybe the cropped jodhpur.

Those ASOS ones look okay and cheap but they're sold out and I'd prefer something higher quality really.

papillo

Reaction score
as someone else alluded to, thorns has been spotted on a fragrance forum, still very much a fan of long-form answers. at least we know he's safe and well i guess, even if he's left here for now. fair chance he'll be back when the next season is shown i reckon

Are there fragrance forums on SF?

NM. found it.

Udo

Reaction score
As much as the criticism of the last two men's collections is justified, we also have to admit that this recent "Grand Classics" women's campaign is as perfect as it gets.

I am really jealous, we get these children collections and they get such beautiful stuff.

It also proofs that Hedi has still got it, and that they don't have him tied up in some LVMH basement while his assistants run the operation.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-22 um 17.02.11.png

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh interesting, was wondering if there were period no show.

I'm not too familiar with Peter Utz. I like his style. Is he a paid influencer? For some reason, the term influencer makes me cringe!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads