• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

DJR

Reaction score
Dead Brand.

BOF LVMH China fueled growth propagandize aside; behind scenes not pretty at all. Turmoil.

Prepare yourselves.

jesuisjesuis

Reaction score
Dead Brand.

BOF LVMH China fueled growth propagandize aside; behind scenes not pretty at all. Turmoil.

Prepare yourselves.

You think we'll make it to one more menswear show or is it all said and done?

jesuisjesuis

Reaction score
Bull ****.

I don't see what's to doubt. Besides the some fluff on the Asian market, there's been practically 0 detailed reporting on their earnings to this day; just vague statements to show things in a positive light. They've been able to get it into the hands of celebs but there's definitely not the same level of hype and interest compared to the SLP stuff, especially the menswear.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised at this point. Any more seasons like this and I think it's dead in the west unless I'm missing something. Nobody wants to wear it. It looks like it will end up on sale racks.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Wish he never left Saint Laurent. What was the reason why he left anyway?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You think we'll make it to one more menswear show or is it all said and done?
I've been thinking they'll squeeze out another menswear, but whether or not there's another show doesn't really make much difference. I'm a pessimisitic personality in general, so that may be coloring my thinking on this. I guess it really depends on how much business they're doing in Asia.

Those pants with different fabrics on each leg make me want to kill myself

Udo

Reaction score
I don't see what's to doubt. Besides the some fluff on the Asian market, there's been practically 0 detailed reporting on their earnings to this day; just vague statements to show things in a positive light. They've been able to get it into the hands of celebs but there's definitely not the same level of hype and interest compared to the SLP stuff, especially the menswear.

LVMH don't need to turn profits, they get their cash directly from the ECB.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems that way, looking at outlets you see a lot of Celine there; and it looks like it doesn't move either.
It's almost funny to think that these status anxious Asians are basically buying an outlet brand--until I realize that I've bought some of this stuff

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
do you mean the season vaccarello just showed or what's in stores now? because the former is literally the most similar to hedi he's done yet

I was never on the "Anthony just copies Hedi" train until now. It's very Hedi from six years ago, unfortunately.

Those leather jackets...

I actually really like the color on that brown leather bomber. My main issue is the incredibly dropped shoulder and the material as I'm not sure I've ever seen this kind of leather in person. Unfortunate that there are no good fit pics on their website but I'm simply gonna assume the fit is atrocious.

As usual there's some cool footwear in this drop and the jeans are a coinflip, depending on the fit. In any case my money has been going to other brands for the past half a year or so.

As a sidenote these kicks would be sick if you're in a ****** ska punk band and don't care about your money.

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
Anyone know the reasoning for the Celine logo being so prominent? With SLP it seemed like he usually hid it, while with Celine it's very prominent. Creative decision or a brand mandate? Or maybe just desperation?

Bryan55

Reaction score
Anyone know the reasoning for the Celine logo being so prominent? With SLP it seemed like he usually hid it, while with Celine it's very prominent. Creative decision or a brand mandate? Or maybe just desperation?

If I had to venture a guess, it’s to keep up with the Diors, Guccis, and Balenciagas of the high fashion world which often have their logos plastered all over their pieces and seems to sell like hot cakes.

From what I’ve seen with this collection and the last one, looks like my Celine days are over. Well I had hoped that it would have been longer but c’est la vie. Guess I’ll wear more Tom Ford now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads