• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a while!

I don't know, guys. I have a 27-inch waist as well and the widest I'll go on denim is 7" (or about 18cm). Height is a factor as well, along with shoe size.

Reactions: Udo

ASAPRice

Reaction score
lOn9hSO.jpg
finally got a nicer pic with the 21cm's
basically my summer uniform for the last few years- tanks, denim, boots. Starting to push triple digits outside, so may have to find another pair of wide hems and throw some rips in them soon.

Also thinking of waxing these, anybody even waxed something before?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASAP those look good. You pull off the the 21cms well. I've always been very flare hesitant, ha.

I might have missed the earlier context, are these from Celine, SL, even Dior back in the day...I recall that their two big cuts were the 17.5 and 21s.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
ASAP those look good. You pull off the the 21cms well. I've always been very flare hesitant, ha.

I might have missed the earlier context, are these from Celine, SL, even Dior back in the day...I recall that their two big cuts were the 17.5 and 21s.
thanks man. They're from Dior AW05, got em hemmed so they don't stack but the leg opening is still roughly 21cm- maybe 20.5. It also probably helps that I'm wearing real cowboy boots with a significantly larger shaft that anything from SLP/Celine, just fills out the pants a lil better

Dior had 16cm (super skinny), 17.5cm (skinny), 19cm (slim) and 21cm (straight) during Hedi's tenure. Not sure about fits under KVA or Kim Jones though

If you'd like to read more into it, I'd recommend these two sufu links

Dior Homme Denim

Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great references! My Dior Homme raw 17.5s have held up great over the years. I tried on one of KJ's jeans and the quality was superb, but the fit to me was dad jeans to be frank, maybe a little slimmer, so wasn't for me but I suppose kind of fitting with the casual mantra even a little before the pandemic.

doublementh

Reaction score
I'd love to see someone rock some slim-straight denim with Jacnos/Berlines/Wyatts. I'd do it myself but I'm replacing all of my jeans rn lol

funkyprez

Reaction score
No photos, but last weekend wore old Wyatt Jodhpurs with black selvedge SL 2019 D20s (not a typo), midrise slim straight with a slight taper.

I didn’t hate it. In fact, was feeling it more than the 2015 wax coated D02s I changed out from. Not going to throw skinny out though, just expanding the range.

doublementh

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how straight a leg I can get away with with those kinds of shoes.

doublementh

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. I don't want to keep bringing other brands into the Celine thread, but Acne jeans have treated me the best. Started wearing Rivers, which teeter on straight/tapered leg, I think. I tried on some 1996 jeans, was surprised by how much I loved them, but wasn't super sure if that worked with the rest of my SLP/Celine stuff, which I'm slowly accruing. I actually love the way my D02s looked... but my thighs make me look silly. I had to retire 'em. So here I am. :p

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how straight a leg I can get away with with those kinds of shoes.

I think slim boots are just too versatile. They'll work with anything even though a wider shaft might look better with wider hems. Problem is wider shafts just won't work with skinnies at all.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I've never been into the super skinny d02 look, I've preferred my d01's and, recently, the d17 (slight bootcut). For me, and this is just my subjective opinion, whenever I see the Harry Styles 2013 look I sorta feel nauseous. I just don't like the way the slim hem looks over Wyatts, and the stacking.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
So, I've never been into the super skinny d02 look, I've preferred my d01's and, recently, the d17 (slight bootcut). For me, and this is just my subjective opinion, whenever I see the Harry Styles 2013 look I sorta feel nauseous. I just don't like the way the slim hem looks over Wyatts, and the stacking.

I've personally always been into the skinny D02 look, but at the risk of sounding very elitist; Harry never got the jeans quite right. Google "Harry Styles Saint Laurent" and almost without fail his jeans will be too skinny for the Wyatt/Jodhpur/Camargue boots. I have no idea what jeans he actually wore because Saint Laurent skinnies don't look that tight on boots.

To add to it, his upper torso is relatively wide, so combining that with skintight jeans will give you an awkward silhouette no matter what.

Most of the jeans I own are skinny because I simply think it looks best on me (I love those D23's though). In the end it mostly depends on your frame and style. A man really can't go wrong with some boots and a pair of nice jeans.

silentownage001

Reaction score
I've personally always been into the skinny D02 look, but at the risk of sounding very elitist; Harry never got the jeans quite right. Google "Harry Styles Saint Laurent" and almost without fail his jeans will be too skinny for the Wyatt/Jodhpur/Camargue boots. I have no idea what jeans he actually wore because Saint Laurent skinnies don't look that tight on boots.

To add to it, his upper torso is relatively wide, so combining that with skintight jeans will give you an awkward silhouette no matter what.

Most of the jeans I own are skinny because I simply think it looks best on me (I love those D23's though). In the end it mostly depends on your frame and style. A man really can't go wrong with some boots and a pair of nice jeans.

From what I read Harry wore Paige Denim and they might have been womens jeans, which would explain why they were so tight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads