• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

silentownage001

Reaction score
The amount of classic more Saint Laurent style items, that I would have expected to stay on the site as permanent collection, that are going to sale doesn't look good for the future either.

What items are you seeing? I'm hoping it's nothing I'd like to get.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the US sale site there were a lot of what I'd consider essentials items, but maybe in slightly off tones and not the best sizes.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered the grey zip up triomphe hooded sweatshirt. Put my black one on today and it's so nice I couldn't resist adding the grey. The fit is amazing and the high shine hardware looks great. I've mentioned before that I'd rather not have the triomphe logo but it looks okay and is pretty subtle.

Fit is very similar to the old Saint Laurent ones with the grosgrain trim. Saint Laurent who posts here had pictures of that one that looked really good and inspired me to pay attention to the hoodies. Unfortunately I outgrew the medium I had in the SL but the Celine are good replacements.

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
@kieran84 Good to know i don't mind the triomphe as you said it's pretty subtle. I might have to pick up one as my SL hoodie is looking a bit tired now.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Saw this last night
Teenknight .png

doublementh

Reaction score
So what's everyone's denim fit looking like these days? Saw a remark here about how slim tapered but not skin-tight jeans are the future. I'm inclined to agree, but I'm wondering if an Acne 1996 jean would look good with my Berlin boots--cropped or otherwise. My thicc thighs make denim a nightmare. If anyone can recommend a Celine denim cut for a guy like me, that'd be grand.

Bill H

Reaction score
So what's everyone's denim fit looking like these days? Saw a remark here about how slim tapered but not skin-tight jeans are the future. I'm inclined to agree, but I'm wondering if an Acne 1996 jean would look good with my Berlin boots--cropped or otherwise. My thicc thighs make denim a nightmare. If anyone can recommend a Celine denim cut for a guy like me, that'd be grand.
It's looking like FW13... a lot of FW13... with some SS15 black raw cuffs worked in

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm back to pretty much nothing but skinny. My rotation is black Celine low waist skinny, union wash skinny, and AW15 mid waist skinny. However I have all of these in a 31 which are not tight on me at all, and I wash using cold water on a delicate cycle to prevent shrinkage which in my experience with past SL jeans has been significant even on a 30 degree wash.

I feel like looser fits have kind of reached a point where they're they're played out. Can't leave my house without seeing either baggy jeans and air force one, or cropped blue Mum jeans.

Skinny also look very flattering and dress up better.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depending on how big your thighs actually are, I might steer clear of Celine jeans. I think SLP works better for those with this medical condition, especially ones that have some stretch. I think the Berlin boots might look ok with the slim straight Celine jeans though, depending on if you can size them for your thighs. Obbviously they would look deadly with the flares, but that is probably not your vibe
However I have all of these in a 31 which are not tight on me at all, and I wash using cold water on a delicate cycle to prevent shrinkage which in my experience with past SL jeans has been significant even on a 30 degree wash.
This is interesting. Are your slp's that are shrinking 100% cotton? Also, to you or anyone else: is it normal for jeans with stretch to fit great when you first put them on, but then to get a bit loose after you start wearing them a bit?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No they're the 2 percent stretch. Definitely normal for them to stretch. I find this usually happens after as little as ten minutes of wear, but then they bounce back between wears. It's pretty difficult to get them perfect where they're not too loose as to look scruffy, but not too tight, especially taking into account washing.

Celine 100 percent cotton slim jeans require a size up in my experience. The skinny I have in 31 are looser than the slim models, and probably equate to a 32 from regular high street brands.

doublementh

Reaction score
I'm back to pretty much nothing but skinny. My rotation is black Celine low waist skinny, union wash skinny, and AW15 mid waist skinny. However I have all of these in a 31 which are not tight on me at all, and I wash using cold water on a delicate cycle to prevent shrinkage which in my experience with past SL jeans has been significant even on a 30 degree wash.

I feel like looser fits have kind of reached a point where they're they're played out. Can't leave my house without seeing either baggy jeans and air force one, or cropped blue Mum jeans.

Skinny also look very flattering and dress up better.

Played out? I thought they were just coming into style. I love the skinny jeaned biker jacket look, but I feel that's a really tired look. I'm glad skinny jeans have graduated from trend to mainstay, though, at least that's what I think. On the other hand, I keep hearing skinny jeans are out, and have been out, and yet it doesn't seem to me that they ever really went away? It seems to me to be more about one's leg type than what's 'in,' per se. What do you think?`

Depending on how big your thighs actually are, I might steer clear of Celine jeans. I think SLP works better for those with this medical condition, especially ones that have some stretch. I think the Berlin boots might look ok with the slim straight Celine jeans though, depending on if you can size them for your thighs. Obbviously they would look deadly with the flares, but that is probably not your vibe

This is interesting. Are your slp's that are shrinking 100% cotton? Also, to you or anyone else: is it normal for jeans with stretch to fit great when you first put them on, but then to get a bit loose after you start wearing them a bit?

I think the flares can look good, but in my armchair opinion, I don't see them sticking around for long. Also, I think I would look ridiculous in flares. I'm built, kinda like Randeep. I don't think I could pull em off. I prefer things I could pull off with me Wyatts 'n' me Berlins.

Bryan55

Reaction score

Yep, this happens to me on a regular basis. When I first put on my SLP D01s after I get them back from the cleaners they can be tight but after 2/3 wears they’ll stretch out a bit. In fact after say about 5 wears then they become too loose for my tastes so that’s how I’ll know it’s Time to clean them again.

on the other hand, I don’t have this come up with my Celine 001s. They maintain the shape on me much longer and better than the SLP D01s.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads