• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Against my better judgment, here are a few photos purely for your schadenfreude!! The rise on these is higher than Kilimanjaro.
View attachment 1611331

Brace yourself:

View attachment 1611332

If not blind, here are a couple close-ups. Even the buttons are old school, or should it be old skool à la Stussy et al:
View attachment 1611333

View attachment 1611334

They're called
90'S JEANS IN MOONLIGHT WASH SELVEDGE DENIM

MOONLIGHT DESTROY WASH
So maybe not Kurt jeans. I just made that up. ha

Put them in a fire pit

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the SS20 denim or any I guess, is the sizing on Celine’s site in US sizing? Is a 31 a US 31 or a US 38 or something. There is a pair on Grilled that the seller lists as 32 and the tag says 32 but the sizing chart on the Celine site says the sizing is very different.
Confused so any help would be appreciated!

Lit Harington

Reaction score
i have this slightly romantic notion that with lockdowns coming to an end, hedi is going to put out a collection befitting the "roaring 20s" everyone keeps predicting, like fw20 on steroids. i see this as being less and less likely with every neon-coloured hoodie i see though.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have this slightly romantic notion that with lockdowns coming to an end, hedi is going to put out a collection befitting the "roaring 20s" everyone keeps predicting, like fw20 on steroids. i see this as being less and less likely with every neon-coloured hoodie i see though.
The thing with these, and the similar t-shirts, is that they're just bland. I mean, putting aside the triteness of the babeteeth ripoff shirts, at least those had a unique design on it, not just a brand label. Is it conceivable that more than three minutes of thought were put into these? I'm not exaggerating

Louis Louis

Reaction score
An SA from SL told me once that one of their best-sellers is the Hoodie with the small SL logo centered on the chest. Usually people try on expensive stuff and get the cheaper option available, that makes them part of the family. And the margin on tshirt/sweat/hoodie is giganormous, it must cost less than €10 to make.

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
I haven't bought any Celine yet I've been enjoying what they're putting out especially the earlier seasons and some dancing kid stuff (I liked the collection just not everything is for me) however I built a decent wardrobe when Hedi was at SL and haven't felt able to justify buying anything else, it's also a pain to get Celine here. (no stores that stock it and Celine doesn't ship here) It's a bit of a shame to see where Celine is going though I don't mind obnoxious branding but only really in brands where it makes sense to me like Gucci. The Celine monogram is nice and I think they should stick to using that more than the massive printed CELINE. However I'm sure this is what is selling so makes sense they're doing it. @Louis Louis that doesn't surprise me them along with the t shirts are what I see the most of here or the sweaters/ts with the scrawling Saint Laurent.

To me Hedis' best will always be at SL I like his Dior Homme but was too young to appreciate it when it came out.

I have been eying up some of the Celine Jacno buckles though and that bracelet you got @Randeep looks great might have to get one for myself.

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
@SirGrotius Those sneakers remind me of the SL smoking forever ones which were also horrible.

yves-saint-laurent-saint-laurent-smoking-forever-high-top-sneakers-abvdae9c9ea_zoom.jpg

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I've heard third rate gossips that HS is no longer alone at the head of the design team. It's hard to believe that the same person designed those sharp leather jacket and all this non-sense. The truth being surely that they chase the money where it is and the few nice items are ruined with abundance of bold logos.

There are several people on the design team just as any fashion house but Hedi is in charge of the design team.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Against my better judgment, here are a few photos purely for your schadenfreude!! The rise on these is higher than Kilimanjaro.
View attachment 1611331

Brace yourself:

View attachment 1611332

If not blind, here are a couple close-ups. Even the buttons are old school, or should it be old skool à la Stussy et al:
View attachment 1611333

View attachment 1611334

They're called
90'S JEANS IN MOONLIGHT WASH SELVEDGE DENIM

MOONLIGHT DESTROY WASH
So maybe not Kurt jeans. I just made that up. ha

It seems ridiculous to wear high waisted pants that low, they would look much better worn higher on your waist, lower profile cuffs, a belt, cut off T-shirt and maybe a pair of Vans. It doesn't work with this styling and I'm surprised because your styling is usually impeccable. If you're going to wear this style of thrashed skater jeans you have to be able to pull off the look or its best to steer clear. Also if you usually wear jeans on your hips, you're going to order a different size for jeans meant to be worn on your waist.

Last edited:

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
With the SS20 denim or any I guess, is the sizing on Celine’s site in US sizing? Is a 31 a US 31 or a US 38 or something. There is a pair on Grilled that the seller lists as 32 and the tag says 32 but the sizing chart on the Celine site says the sizing is very different.
Confused so any help would be appreciated!

Jeans sizing are typically in inches and tailoring is in European sizing. that being said different brands can fit your body differently in the same size. Celine jeans for me are usually a size too big in the waist but not all models. So if you wear a size 30 in European made jeans you might wear a 29 in Celine but then again each model fits differently. Its best to measure your waist on the navel, your hips on their widest and your inseam from your crotch to the spot you would like your jeans to end and contact client services or a SA with the model you wish to purchase.

Last edited:

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeans sizing are typically in inches and tailoring is in European sizing. that being said different brands can fit your body differently in the same size. Celine jeans for me are usually a size too big in the waist but not all models. So if you wear a size 30 in European made jeans you might wear a 29 in Celine but then again each model fits differently. Its best to measure your waist on the navel, your hips on their widest and your inseam (from your crotch to the spot you would like your jeans to end and contact client services or a SA with the model you wish to purchase.
Thanks!!

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
An SA from SL told me once that one of their best-sellers is the Hoodie with the small SL logo centered on the chest. Usually people try on expensive stuff and get the cheaper option available, that makes them part of the family. And the margin on tshirt/sweat/hoodie is giganormous, it must cost less than €10 to make.

Not surprising at all. It's always interesting to see for how much the logo tees sell compared to the more affordable ones with an actual design on it during sales.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads