• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do recall assuming he was a Celine employee for a while but he does ding pieces here and there so released that idea. I think thorns is like a fashion encyclopedist and it’s kind of amazing.

Céline does seem to be quiet but I suppose it’s the women’s focus now. I did notice a few menswear items finally on their Instagram account but they were of the giant leather jacket ilk so I couldn’t get behind them not being 16 myself.

Louis Louis

Reaction score
I think their eyes are on the asian market right now. With the Dancing kid / Knight stuff i feel a gap between the offer and the potential customers in Europe. European Teenagers (16/20) are already wearing this kind of oversized comfy outfit, they are not afraid to mix colors and patterns and materials. They do not consider spending large amount of money to achieve that look, they have other priorities. And older people (with moeney to spend) prefer to stick to more classic/sharp design.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new style womenswear would have the potential to do well here in the UK based on style, but not the menswear, which would look odd here. As brilliant as I think the womenswear is however, I just doubt it will gain that much traction, with most young women preferring to buy cheaper alternatives and stay with the already widely accepted brands. Most young women would rather have Jordans or air force for example over Celine trainers.

Slim and skinny silhouette is also still very strong here for anything but casual wear for men.

I'm at a point where I've pretty much bought everything that's my style from the website so unless they start paying more attention to the classic silhouette again I won't be buying anything for a while. I'm bored and I think most people are judging by this thread. I think Hedi had a kind of USP with the slim stuff and you couldn't find anything in the same league elsewhere. If I wanted oversized though I might as well just buy what everyone else is because it doesn't take a great deal of skill compared to slim tailoring.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I really appreciate thorns posting the (mostly Asians) instagram fits, just because I'm curious to see how it looks on people. But if I'm honest I scroll through it pretty quickly, because it's not Hedi Slimane to me.

Mostly this. I very rarely save a picture for my own folder but I'm usually not that interested.

I simply don't care much if at all for the last two mens collections. I'm hoping Hedi and the Celine team will go a different route in the future but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

If I wanted oversized though I might as well just buy what everyone else is because it doesn't take a great deal of skill compared to slim tailoring.

This is a good point. I already have a bunch of oversized and loungier pieces in my wardrobe from other brands and designers because I think they simply do it better or for a better price. I really don't see a good reason why I would go for the Celine offering that I don't connect with over them.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to overdo it, but a month or so back I made a big summer order from Celine where I had maybe 4 items that were of that oversized variety. I thought it'd look great. It looked comically bad so I had to return all four. One of the issues I had with the shorts, for instance, was that the waist was my normal size or only a touch loose, but then the thighs were as wide as like a petticoat or something. It was, at least to my eyes, an intrinsically bad look. The shirting was just huge and sort of floppy.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of "loose" items, IIRC.

A loose striped t-shirt, two pairs of shorts (one was the black sweats in XS and the other the jean shorts that I posted a couple pictures of), and the other item escapes me but perhaps another loose shirt that was so all over the place. It was a box of badness. hahaha. I felt bad checking off "too big" a million times on the return sheet, especially since I knew going in that it'd be looser than even the slim look which I occasionally adopt.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys got any brands for striped t-shirts you like nowadays?

At the risk of sounding 2007

BasicJB

Reaction score
How do we feel about the new western belt? Also, I'm quite curious about the "kurt" jeans. I wonder if it's rebranding of the current "90s" jeans on Mr Porter or something entirely different?

1620679750662.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads