• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket looks nice. Still hoping it gets restocked or something similar gets released.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In celine shop.
Sales, she said "oh. Lisa also wearing this pants(this collection)"
Daughter : ahh,everybody. Lisa is wearing this.
Her mother : OMG. You~~(mean saleperson). You so clever to say that. because My daughter is really love lisa. Everything is lisa lisa lisa.

Lisa's influence is spreading to sales and more than just Instagram comments.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still remember way back in the day the first time I walked into the Dior Homme store in midtown Manhattan. There was the heaviest snootiest attitude that frankly added some allure to the whole brand, haha. Later on, obviously, when they know you, you realize they're sort of affecting a certain persona and obviously it helps when you buy a suit or two so they start inviting you to social outings that I almost always decline. I did go to one in Miami a few years ago and it was super rock n' roll even during the KVA days. It's a good networking opportunity for the business fiends on this forum.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been checking out different Celine stores in my area just to get a feel of the different SAs and how interested in the product they are. I would rather buy from SAs that are passionate about the products and not just some generic luxury sales associate. I'm snobby and I prefer the men's stores just because they got the new architecture, while the women's are all Phoebe's design still. I do keep a mental track on which SAs are nice to me and I factor that in my decision on whether I'll come back. To me I treat them like hostesses/hosts you frequent when you enter the host bar. I treat them as part of the product I'm buying.

pockets

Reaction score
from experience, its a toss up who helps you if youre just walking in. A relationship with a SA is more important than frequently shopping with a particular store let alone a particular house. Seeing other customers instore, often especially “hardcore” customers, they are frankly often awkward. They hope to be gushed over and “seen”. i’m not always “seen” but i also have a personal awareness that I dont have to be. My flow would be to reach out to whomever helps me where ever, that id be coming in for an appointment and that it regards whatever the purpose is.

good customer service (read: customer experience) is paramount in luxury. questioning where or when you bought it is very typical and routine. repairing a jacket from years back isnt what they want to deal with, but associates should be able to facilitate a good experience even if its a no. not everyone can be pleased though.

Bill H

Reaction score
Hi Men, Anyone been to the Bicester Village Celine outlet... do they have good stuff?... is it worth the trip?

Randeep

Reaction score

Haha, man's shook. Though I get that it's not a pleasant experience. Haughty SAs are the worst.

I still remember, going back more than a decade, walking into Harrods, not in my best threads, more innocent in mind, timidly asking the pretty concierge lady in the main thoroughfare where the toilets were (note: there are several). It was only after I walked away that I realised she had given me directions to a nearby pub... **** me. Anyway, I always try to remind myself never to judge a book by it's cover, despite how much I might carefully tailor my appearance.

On a happier note, all of the SAs in Mount St are super cool, friendly, warm. I reckon this must've filtered down from corporate, especially taking into consideration things like that tailoring do's/don'ts that was shared here a while back. Furthermore, I got an e-mail questionnaire you guys have already seen after my in-store purchase which convinces me this is the case. It's great they put a lot of focus in this area:

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 23.35.57.png

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Second time wearing Saint-Germain-des-Prés on skin after my first dreadful experience and this time it is a lot more pleasurable. Last time I got this annoying aspect that I didn't want from the idea of this scent, but I'm not noticing it this time around. It would be my preferred vanilla from the Celine collection. But this also is because I have Hedi's Dior fragrances and they all feature vanilla already. I like the spiciness from Saint-Germain-des-Prés as it gives the scent some edge, so it doesn't become too "soft", and it also lends it some mysteriousness. It is a really pretty scent though, so I do question if I can convincingly pull it off. Why would I wear this scent out? Smells like wolf in sheep's clothing for a man...deceptive Prince Charming with a dark side. The more I wear it, the more I'm reminded of the elements I love in Cologne Blanche. Edgier Cologne Blanche. That said, if I could only choose one fragrance, Saint-Germain-des-Prés will not be that choice, but it would be fun for variety...I'll test it more to see if the annoying element ever pops back up.

Also, after almost a 1.5 years into the launch, fakes are rolling out of the fragrances. Seems like they're only faking 100 mL bottles so far.
View attachment 1601211
View attachment 1601212
View attachment 1601217
View attachment 1601213

• Grain de poudre texture on sticker is off.
  • Sticker is also not perfectly aligned.
  • Text on sticker messy and not clean.
  • Font of CELINE is off on box and label.
  • The plastic tubing is easily visible, and Hedi designed it so that it would be nearly invisible.

Legit bottle
View attachment 1601225
View attachment 1601226

Also they only have these 5:

I guess these are the best sellers. I'm surprised Reptile isn't in the list, perhaps too masculine and most clientele are female? Cologne Française also absent, I wonder if same reason. I guess La Peau Nue isn't selling that well. I'm surprised Dans Paris isn't on the list.

I can't stand when people ruin things with fakes. Obviously its not going to smell the same.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting how Anthony decided to remove all the gold in Hedi's Saint Laurent store philosophy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads