• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the oatmeal Shetland crew neck sweater. It got restocked in my size so I picked it up. Really nice colour paired with black jeans or trousers and the Drugstore Chelsea or Derby. I expected it to be nice with the union wash jeans as well but it doesn't work.

I've been out a lot over the last few weeks since pubs opened here. Mainly in London but also in some other cities. Baggy silhouette is everywhere but 9 times out of 10 it's the ubiquitous baggy blue 90s jeans or grey sweatpants and AF 1s, or trash like Tommy Hilfiger or guess jeans t shirts. Lots of North Face nuptses. Older generations that remember this stuff the first time around aren't going to be easily swayed into this. The worst has to be the baggy matching crew neck sweatshirts and sweatpants in grey, beige etc young girls are wearing, vile

Still way more skinny jeans and slim silhouettes around than I expected. I didn't feel at all uncomfortable wearing my style.

I doubt the Celine look will have much traction here. I think kids would rather wear the brand's they're wearing.

I still like the style overall though and may pick up a looser pair of jeans in black or blue. Not sure any of the current styles are for me though. Maybe the slim union wash would do the job for the blue.
Did you get vaccinated? I just got my second dose today, but think we're still a long way from reopening stuff in the usa

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get vaccinated? I just got my second dose today, but think we're still a long way from reopening stuff in the usa

I haven't been vaccinated. I don't really plan to get it because I don't feel like I need it. Pubs are open now and no vaccine passports are required, but it's outside only until sometime in May.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can really pick up the rose in La Peau Nue. It reminds me of the rose in Rose 31, which Hedi was rumoured to be wearing while in LA during the Saint Laurent era. Rose 31 felt more crude with jagged edges.

The fig in Cologne Française sort of reminds me of the fig in Thé Noir 29, which was another fragrance Hedi was rumoured to be wearing. Both fragrances go in different directions though. Cologne Française is cleaner, more elegant, and more refined.

I'll have to drop by a Le Labo store to revisit it to compare and contrast with Hedi's creations.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been vaccinated. I don't really plan to get it because I don't feel like I need it. Pubs are open now and no vaccine passports are required, but it's outside only until sometime in May.
Did you get the chance to drop into the Celine store in London (I assume that's where you live)? I'm wondering what the proportion of permanent collection vs dk/tkp is looking like.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who are curious what the process is like trying the fragrances:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ariel reviewing the ss20 runway Calvary Berlins:

For my own preference, I would pair them with flares, just like the runway, to tone down the "arrogance" of those boots. I'm not that flashy, myself. I'm happy to have the calvary detail my own little secret that would only be slightly visible when I'm sitting and my pants come up.

Reptile is my recommendation for Ariel.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fully vaccinated here in the states and most people within my circle are, so especially with the latest CDC guidance, I've been venturing outdoors more for *gasp* walks and restaurants. It feels liberating to say the least. On the fashion front, it's still very Celine friendly what I'm seeing the Northeast, namely, voluminous apparel especially on the youth, notably more so on females than males, although to Kieran's point, I see a good third of people if not slightly more in slim or skinny. The fitted looks seem to be resonating more with the well-dressed man or handsome younger men.

I ordered both centurion belts in black and tan because I'm indecisive and I wear mucho denim these days. Looking forward to giving them a try. Thanks for the heads up on the breaking in period, too, above.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chinese Celine fan recreating styles with her own wardrobe:

I'll recommend Parade for her.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think there is an increased amount of Thai Celine fans because of Lisa being Global Ambassador:

I think Dans Paris would suit her.

I think Eau de Californie would suit her.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great silhouette. I would prefer post-ss19 Jacno 60 heels to balance the proportions. However, as a rare hunter, the ss19 are now forever special since they discontinued that original heel shape.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ariel reviewing the ss20 runway Calvary Berlins:

For my own preference, I would pair them with flares, just like the runway, to tone down the "arrogance" of those boots. I'm not that flashy, myself. I'm happy to have the calvary detail my own little secret that would only be slightly visible when I'm sitting and my pants come up.

Reptile is my recommendation for Ariel.

For soem reason I ended up watching a video with this guy in it a couple months ago. He went to the slp store and the sales associate wasn't nice enough to him, so he acted like a total Karen and was talking about writing to corporate headquarters.

Randeep

Reaction score
Great silhouette. I would prefer post-ss19 Jacno 60 heels to balance the proportions. However, as a rare hunter, the ss19 are now forever special since they discontinued that original heel shape.

The more I see the Celine corduroy teddy, the more I want it. This guy did a review of it a few days back which didn't help.

For soem reason I ended up watching a video with this guy in it a couple months ago. He went to the slp store and the sales associate wasn't nice enough to him, so he acted like a total Karen and was talking about writing to corporate headquarters.

Aw I'd love to see that.

On your question re. London store (Mount St flagship) stock and the divide between TDK/permanent collection, can't give you a solid answer as I was just cavorting from one rack to rack whilst catching up with an SA, but there was a healthy amount of the men and women's SS21 for sure. The Bond St location which is/was closed is going to be re-opened in another location (still on Bond St) which bodes well. There were a couple of black guys in the store when I was there who zoomed off in a McLaren that was parked outside - I didn't recognise them but it does remind me to say I have friends of friends who know those in the UK rap/grime scene also see Celine as one of the "IT" brands, which is cool.

The very first time I wore the FW20 suede jacket too :)

IMG_5400.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads