• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something about Cologne Française's dry down reminds me of Reptile. I wouldn't be surprised if the same perfumer did both.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hedi also released tweed jackets at Celine, but seems like it is being accepted at Celine more than Saint Laurent. The Saint Laurent ones are much more severe, and I think most women resonate with that softer Celine girl image.
1618161246568.png

1618163321656.png

1618161813519.png

1618161880964.png

1618161948671.png

1618161968045.png

1618162380065.png

Last edited:

DJR

Reaction score
Hedi also released tweed jackets at Celine, but seems like it is being accepted at Celine more than Saint Laurent. The Saint Laurent ones are much more severe, and I think most women resonate with that softer Celine girl image.
View attachment 1591291
View attachment 1591328

View attachment 1591306
View attachment 1591307
View attachment 1591308
View attachment 1591309
View attachment 1591317

Sorry. YSL SS13 is one of the best collections of all time. Please don’t compare Celine with that. Totally inappropriate.

Pierre Bergé loved it with all his heart. Celine has yet to reach that level of artistry and sheer mind blow. That was Slimane at his never-again-to-be-seen best. Ask industry people. They’ll tell you that. All the buyers for Luisaviaroma collectively had their eyeballs melt from the buy. I saw it in real time. Every multi brand boutique scrambled for samples. But you can defend Celine while their women’s is / are discounted at 70% at outlets currently, and going to TJ Max stores discount racks in the USA.

I like Slimane, but his obsession with YSL is the sole reason and only reason Celine is a near dead in the water house. He’s totally fixated and obsessed with beating YSL. Only LVMH power is keeping the brand afloat. And they are running out of patience.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry. YSL SS13 is one of the best collections of all time. Please don’t compare Celine with that. Totally inappropriate.
I can't disagree with you that SS13 is one of the best, if not the best. With that said, I think comparisons are interesting to see and maybe take a peek inside Hedi's mind and help differentiate Saint Laurent with Celine.

But you can defend Celine while their women’s is / are discounted at 70% at outlets currently, and going to TJ Max stores discount racks in the USA.
I know you're using hyperbole here, but I do have to agree that Hedi's Celine is not resonating with the "West" as much as Hedi's Saint Laurent. It is being kept afloat by both LVMH and Asia. If we're being honest, Asia is the one that keeps most brands afloat. I empathize with you as it is hard to see this with only a Eurocentric perspective.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Hedi's womenswear at Celine is stronger compared to his Saint Laurent womenswear. It is significantly more approachable for the average luxury consumer. Hedi's only criticism at Saint Laurent was how his womenswear struggled significantly. However, brand name matters. Celine is basically starting from scratch. It doesn't have the social status that Dior or YSL has. The fact that people still use YSL unironically proves how much cultural weight that brand has despite struggling for years before Hedi came to restore it.

I like Slimane, but his obsession with YSL is the sole reason and only reason Celine is a near dead in the water house. He’s totally fixated and obsessed with beating YSL. Only LVMH power is keeping the brand afloat. And they are running out of patience.
I'm not sure if you've been paying attention but Hedi's Celine narrative is significantly different than Hedi's Saint Laurent narrative. Although Saint Laurent and Celine may sell similar types of clothing, it is wrapped around a different narrative. So much so that Hedi's Saint Laurent fans aren't interested in his Celine. Of course, you can ignore all of that and just treat it as clothes. Hedi and Peter looks similar in Saint Laurent or Celine. However, most people don't see past the marketing so they're buying into the brand's narrative when they choose either Saint Laurent or Celine. I don't think there is a problem with wanting to beat other brands, and I'm not sure why you think Hedi is only targeting SL.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Women's fw21

Reminds me of men's w21

I wonder what Parade means. The fragrance is named Parade. Parade seems to be used in French to mean runway.
1618288517491.png

BasicJB

Reaction score
Thorns, not sure what parade means but the themes/images for the 2 FW collections correspond to the 2 un-released fragrances

Teen knight poem: Rimbaud
According to Burr, it smells like:
- “The poet’s [Rimbaud’s] youth.”
According to Slimane, it smells like:
- “The idea of being 17 years old, the realm of possibilities.”
- “Teenage subtle fragility but also the spleen.”

Parade: Bois dormant
According to Burr, it smells like:
- “The smoke of burning wood, the fir tree in the winter cold.”
According to Slimane, it smells:
- “Aristocratic.”
- “Like the library of a Parisian hôtel particulier from the 18th century.”

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but I think this could mean 1 of 2 things
1. Hedi has completed his narrative for Celine and ready to move on
2. New fragrances are coming for FW

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would laugh if Bois Dormant and Rimbaud never get released. Someone emailed Celine recently and they said there is no news about their launch.
1618291526316.png

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score

Pierre Bergé loved it with all his heart. Celine has yet to reach that level of artistry and sheer mind blow. That was Slimane at his never-again-to-be-seen best. Ask industry people. They’ll tell you that. All the buyers for Luisaviaroma collectively had their eyeballs melt from the buy. I saw it in real time. Every multi brand boutique scrambled for samples. But you can defend Celine while their women’s is / are discounted at 70% at outlets currently, and going to TJ Max stores discount racks in the USA.

You're being overzealous, sell through has been good. Factoring in the pandemic, figures are higher than they were expecting. Saint Laurent has been at TJ Maxx for years as well as every other luxury brand including Gucci, Fendi, Dolce & Gabbana, Roger Vivier, Ferragamo etc. Its a few past season accessory items that didn't sell at partnering department stores.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feels like Hedi and team learned their lesson from Teen Knight Poem. They notified people about Parade in less than 48 hours before the show.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, kind of cool. Up there with the candles. I like all these home-goods -esque offerings from the likes of SL and maybe Celine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads