• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those are nice. I only have one hedi slimane blazer, to my shame. It's a size 50, tag says 2015--and it fits pretty nice when I'm not a fat ass

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super cool blazers Bryan. I'll see if I can snap a few picks of my SLP blazer assemblage. They're a lot of fun, and I went TTS (44). They definitely have high armholes, not overly long sleeves, cropped rather short, and sometimes I have them taken in a touch at the waist for a little more of that Dior definition if you recall the hourglass aesthetic.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Super cool blazers Bryan. I'll see if I can snap a few picks of my SLP blazer assemblage. They're a lot of fun, and I went TTS (44). They definitely have high armholes, not overly long sleeves, cropped rather short, and sometimes I have them taken in a touch at the waist for a little more of that Dior definition if you recall the hourglass aesthetic.

I had the SS 2014 classic black cropped blazer in size 44 that I would wear to art shows all the time, always got lots of compliments on it. I kinda miss it but it was super constrictive on me when I started working out at the gym again so I gave it to a friend.

Strangely in 2017 I got into Paul Smith blazers for a few seasons until SS2019 when I got my first Celine blazer, I prefer the Celine.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are just caricatures of who I would imagine to wear these fragrances.
I do think that's interesting. The people who would wear Hedi fragrances can be broken down into 2 broad groups.

• Hedi fans
  • No knowledge of Hedi
    • Just want a designer branded item from Dior/Celine
    • Fragrance enthusiast who treats the fragrance as a standalone item
However, for both groups, I feel like his fragrances really help complete an outfit. Or rather, his fragrances, like his other pieces, are "incomplete" until it is worn by someone. His fragrances add another layer/dimension to something that would otherwise be a purely visual experience for the audience. It is like those 4D theatres that enrich the movie by adding extra layers to the experience. I feel like when you're very meticulous with your presentation, you're transforming yourself into a performance art piece. I think when you live according to the narrative that you give yourself, you beautify both your body and mind.

This image of molecular gastronomy is what I relate to when I think about someone who wears a fragrance with an outfit that is presented to an audience as a complete work of art to be consumed.
1615046588184.png

Although we think of taste as a separate sense to smell, the two are closely intertwined when it comes to food, and most of the subtle flavors we experience when we eat are detected by the nose. Taking this onboard, the AROMAFORK is an aroma-emitting device that enables chefs to serve up more complicated flavors than they can get from food alone.

This is what kind of feeling I think his Celine fragrances adds to an outfit.

Parade - The drydown reminds me of a spa and the smell of hot clean towels. The clean bright citrus combined with the drydown gives off a very calm and composed feeling. This individual takes care of their body and soul. This scent can enhance an individual's approachability and trustworthiness.

Saint-Germain-des-Prés - The slight greeness in the opening invokes the feeling of the Jardin du Luxembourg abstractly. You get a sense of that you're surrounded by sweet flowers and you're smelling that feeling the powdery pollen. Hedi describes the sweetness as like marshmallow or a puff of icing sugar. The slight bitter greenness juxtaposed with the sweetness imparts a very subtle dangerousness to the wearer which creates a very alluring feeling. It draws people in, but they're also on their toes a bit, as if they were flies attracted to a Venus flytrap.

Cologne Française - Powdery, slightly smokey, fig tree scent. The powdery orris butter gives off a sophisticated elegant feeling. It doesn't smell like an old man thanks to the slight fruitiness from the fig in the opening, and due to the light-handed approach towards the composition. Hedi describes it as deceptively understated. This fragrances imparts a very slight introverted and aloof feeling to the wearer.

Dans Paris - The sweet cozy scent in the collection. Easily gives off a feeling of ease and comfort.

Eau de Californie - Smokey woods and clean delicate leather gives off an effortless casual vibe that leans a bit edgy. There is a sensual rawness that is tempered by the delicate powdery patina. It gives off a feeling of someone who is sexy without even trying.

La Peau Nue - most girly but leans sophisticated, not my cup of tea so I didn't really dissect it

Reptile - Dangerous but addictive. Leans masculine, but there is this delicate vulnerability present which helps give complexity and prevents someone from seeming one dimensional. Although the there is this edginess, it can't help drawing people in closer to want to understand this individual. Someone with layers and depth to be discovered. The stardust and glitter, as described by Hedi is beautiful.

Black Tie - There is sweetness from vanilla that is anchored by woods and moss that gives it some severity and seriousness, but still there is an approachability thanks to the vanilla. It gives off a feeling of competence without being hardheaded.

Nightclubbing - Smokey cigarette smell that dries down to this powdery sweet suede scent. It almost gives off an impression of being the least approachable, but those who dare to approach will find subtle vulnerability. This is almost olfactory armour in modern anti-smoking society. This is probably the most introverted feeling scent in the collection. However, context matters. For those who enjoy smelling secondhand smoke, I can see how comforting and sensual this can be. Cigarettes after sex.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure anyone reads the NYT, but their Men's Style Guide today opened with full page ads for Celine. That was a bit of a departure from not seeing anything from them in about 3 years to opening the mag across four consecutive pages. Dancing Kid themes.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I do think that's interesting. The people who would wear Hedi fragrances can be broken down into 2 broad groups.

• Hedi fans
  • No knowledge of Hedi
    • Just want a designer branded item from Dior/Celine
    • Fragrance enthusiast who treats the fragrance as a standalone item
However, for both groups, I feel like his fragrances really help complete an outfit. Or rather, his fragrances, like his other pieces, are "incomplete" until it is worn by someone. His fragrances add another layer/dimension to something that would otherwise be a purely visual experience for the audience. It is like those 4D theatres that enrich the movie by adding extra layers to the experience. I feel like when you're very meticulous with your presentation, you're transforming yourself into a performance art piece. I think when you live according to the narrative that you give yourself, you beautify both your body and mind.

This image of molecular gastronomy is what I relate to when I think about someone who wears a fragrance with an outfit that is presented to an audience as a complete work of art to be consumed.
View attachment 1568514

This is what kind of feeling I think his Celine fragrances adds to an outfit.

Parade - The drydown reminds me of a spa and the smell of hot clean towels. The clean bright citrus combined with the drydown gives off a very calm and composed feeling. This individual takes care of their body and soul. This scent can enhance an individual's approachability and trustworthiness.

Saint-Germain-des-Prés - The slight greeness in the opening invokes the feeling of the Jardin du Luxembourg abstractly. You get a sense of that you're surrounded by sweet flowers and you're smelling that feeling the powdery pollen. Hedi describes the sweetness as like marshmallow or a puff of icing sugar. The slight bitter greenness juxtaposed with the sweetness imparts a very subtle dangerousness to the wearer which creates a very alluring feeling. It draws people in, but they're also on their toes a bit, as if they were flies attracted to a Venus flytrap.

Cologne Française - Powdery, slightly smokey, fig tree scent. The powdery orris butter gives off a sophisticated elegant feeling. It doesn't smell like an old man thanks to the slight fruitiness from the fig in the opening, and due to the light-handed approach towards the composition. Hedi describes it as deceptively understated. This fragrances imparts a very slight introverted and aloof feeling to the wearer.

Dans Paris - The sweet cozy scent in the collection. Easily gives off a feeling of ease and comfort.

Eau de Californie - Smokey woods and clean delicate leather gives off an effortless casual vibe that leans a bit edgy. There is a sensual rawness that is tempered by the delicate powdery patina. It gives off a feeling of someone who is sexy without even trying.

La Peau Nue - most girly but leans sophisticated, not my cup of tea so I didn't really dissect it

Reptile - Dangerous but addictive. Leans masculine, but there is this delicate vulnerability present which helps give complexity and prevents someone from seeming one dimensional. Although the there is this edginess, it can't help drawing people in closer to want to understand this individual. Someone with layers and depth to be discovered. The stardust and glitter, as described by Hedi is beautiful.

Black Tie - There is sweetness from vanilla that is anchored by woods and moss that gives it some severity and seriousness, but still there is an approachability thanks to the vanilla. It gives off a feeling of competence without being hardheaded.

Nightclubbing - Smokey cigarette smell that dries down to this powdery sweet suede scent. It almost gives off an impression of being the least approachable, but those who dare to approach will find subtle vulnerability. This is almost olfactory armour in modern anti-smoking society. This is probably the most introverted feeling scent in the collection. However, context matters. For those who enjoy smelling secondhand smoke, I can see how comforting and sensual this can be. Cigarettes after sex.

I don't get how anybody could say Nightclubbing smells like cigarettes, cigarettes smell disgusting.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thorns love those descriptions. Your take on Eau de Californie is so spot on.

I've been drawn to Saint-Germain-des-Prés plus and plus and I'm finding it garners some of the more frequent compliments. Dans Paris is another one to solicit a smile or kind comment, however, as Kieran pointed out, it's a bit much for a daily wearer, at least for me.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing I notice about K-dramas is that they consistently get brand sponsorships. This watch reminds of Hedi's A02.

1615152986711.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trend in China of girls wearing tall shaft chunky Chelsea boots. I wonder how Hedi will respond to this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads