• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

funkyprez

Reaction score
Anderson .Paak in the carnivorous flowers Hawaiian shirt. This thing is really oversized, sleeves go past the elbows.

6C9DD7AB-33B8-4556-82EF-DB908353F2AC.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Randeep I don't think everything needs to match. Take SS14 Hedi had the navy blazer with gold buttons, with gold bracelet, and then silver belt buckle and silver buckles on the Duckies.

Full silver = more masculine
Full gold = more feminine
Mixing silver and gold = more androgynous

Dior Homme store: black, white, darker grey, silver, red
1614961117829.png

1614961145860.png

There feels to be a darker tone set by the darker grey floors, and black furniture. It feels a bit edgy and more secretive. The emphasis on silver only gives off this masculine vibe. Hedi used the red to create a jarring effect with the black because of the high contrast and this feels more experimental and less classical. Modern for the sake of being modern.

Saint Laurent store: black, white, lighter grey, silver, gold
1614961475788.png

1614961523659.png

The white in the marble of the floor and the walls really brighten up the store and feels like there is a spotlight on the entire store. The mix of gold and silver gives me more of an androgynous vibe. It also feels more luxe than just plain silver. That gold adds an element of elegance that silver alone won't achieve. Colours feel very classy and expensive.

Celine store: black, white, lighter grey, silver, gold, wood, stone
1614961836801.png

1614962845556.png

The material of the floors and walls are less reflective so it doesn't scream as loud as Saint Laurent which makes it feel more comfy and cozy without losing that elegance. The incorporation of natural materials into the design also further gives it a more effortless chic feeling. The brown adds a warmer touch to tone the edginess of the black and silver sharp edges.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to get in on it but switching from silver to gold seems like too much of a reach at present -- not only because I still think it looks feminine, but it's yet another colour being introduced into the wardrobe colour palette - and therefore another stream of expense.
Personally, I wear silver casually. If I want to look more luxe, I do a gold and silver bracelet combo for my wrist. I don't want too much gold since it does lean feminine, since I want my look to have that toughness, so my belt buckle, necklace and earring is always silver. I wouldn't mind adding a gold watch to stack with silver bracelets. I do think it is cool for a guy to wear all gold, but edge is important to me. I haven't warmed up to brown personally, but I appreciate it from afar. Red is tempting, but the contrast with black is hard to hide the effort.

That said, black and gold is very sexy. I can imagine an all black look with a gold belt.

1614963108529.png

1614963123275.png

1614963312159.png

1614963246717.png

1614963431156.png

Basically ripping off Emmanuelle Alt
1614963468966.png

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still could imagine him doing a MW for Chanel or opening his own line.
If he went to Chanel, he would be able to team up with Olivier Polge, their in-house perfumer, again. Olivier worked with him to create the original Dior Homme.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown can be nice for example a jacket with all black. I prefer tobacco suede jackets or camel felted wool coats though for that purpose.

I like gold belts. One of the Saint Laurent sales associates at Selfridges had the 13 geometric gold buckle belt and would wear it with black calf silver harness boots or cropped jodhpurs. I always thought it looked great. The husbands gold buckle belt looks pretty nice actually.

I consider gold more dressy rather than feminine. A Tank in gold with black strap however pretty much goes with anything. For me silver watches are okay but I've never liked one enough to bother buying it.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bryan would like to hear, too. I'm a very big SLP blazer proponent. They have this cropped skinny look that I haven't seen anywhere else, just perfect. I have too many, but the classic navy and black with the brushed brass buttons are my go-to's.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sirgrotius I'm considering the navy gold buttons Celine one as it happens.

And I'd also like to know about the fit. The Saint Laurent 2 button notch lapel blazer in black gabardine is my favourite blazer I've ever owned. The arm holes are extremely high though, so I wouldn't mind if the Celine ones are a little more relaxed. I like the three button ones too and if I'm honest with myself I kind of regret not getting the Saint Laurent one, but I try to avoid anything too mod as cool as they are.

I also regret not getting the grey check 2 button from Celine.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possibly yeah. I plan to visit once retail opens again here.

Bryan55

Reaction score
What did you get? How's teh fit? How have you been sizing them? spill the beans

Picked up these two. The houndstooth is a 48 and the black is a 50. I’m going to have to get the 50 tailored a bit as I wanted a 48 but one wasn’t available and I got great prices on both.

Regarding the fit, I find the 48 is a touch snug in the chest/shoulders/armholes as you pointed out, Kieran. However that is due to me putting on a bit of holiday weight which I’ll be able to drop once the weather turns warmer. The fit in the midsection is pretty good and hopefully will be even better once I lose a few. The 50 is a decent fit in my upper body but pretty voluminous in my midsection. I’ll have to get my tailor to taper it with a v-shape as I’ve run into this problem before.

I do love where both fall on me in terms of length. As I’m not overly tall I prefer a shorter jacket but these two fall right at the line of where my waist meets ****** which is exactly what I want.

I still want a gold blazer, there’s another metallic SLP from last season that I’ll probably end up getting too and I found a good velvet one which I should get too but it isn’t an everyday piece. I also think I may pull the trigger on the Celine ivory tennis strip blazer from last season. It’s currently out on outlet sites at a reasonable price too. I came VERY close to picking it up last summer during the ss Sale but didn’t. May do so now though.

Attachments

• 1FBD0BF5-1FCD-49C8-A70E-56ED9BC56C59.jpeg
    1FBD0BF5-1FCD-49C8-A70E-56ED9BC56C59.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 62
  • DE617B6B-3937-43AA-9F30-8D3577F21189.jpeg
    DE617B6B-3937-43AA-9F30-8D3577F21189.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 59

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads