• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
It feels obvious that Dior Homme was designed to smell "sexy", as most mainstream designer fragrances are. This contrasts with Hedi's higher tier fragrances which aren't really designed with this constraint. As a result, the higher tier fragrances come off a lot more effortless and chic. I also feel like, without mainstream commercial constraints, that the higher tier fragrances can be more unique and different.

I feel like both types are good to have in one's olfactory wardrobe.

View attachment 1566149
View attachment 1566152

It is insane that Francois Demachy replaced Francis Kurkdjian's Cologne Blanche with Cologne Royale. I'm going to assume it wasn't commercial enough to justify keeping it, unlike Bois d'Argent.

I feel like it has been "watered" down in the artistic sense. It has been transformed to be even more mainstream mass appealing which distorts Hedi's original vision. It feels too heavy and unrefined compared to the original.

As long as it does its job well, I like keeping it in my stable.

I checked out Higher Energy, DH Sport, and Cologne Royale recently and I'm not a fan.

Dior's Higher, on the other hand, is very beautiful to me. Dior Higher starts off with this blast of lemon-basil-green-pear scent, then transitions into this feeling of iced water-spices, then the bulk of the drydown of this masculine boyish musk scent. Higher feels more unique while Higher Energy felt like it was targeting the North American crowd in the early 00s. I think Dior Homme Sport also feels like it was created with the North American crowd in mind. It feels unusual to release another pillar scent 2 years after the launch of the first one. Feels like an Egoiste and Platinum Egoiste situation where the original didn't perform as well in the North American market, so another version was created in hopes for better sells. I think Dior Higher has more of a limited distribution than Higher Energy.

Original campaign for Higher was closely tied to FW01, although Hedi has no input on the scent or name. Same model used for the fragrance campaign and clothing campaign.
View attachment 1566171
View attachment 1566216

It feels like there is this youthful toughness that hides a vulnerability. Perfect for Squall.
View attachment 1566183

Sweet scents are dominating the market. A lot of popular mainstream releases are shoved with sweetness/bubblegum and amber/scratchy woods to boost performance. Loud and long-lasting for the beast mode crowd.

I have a soft spot for that time period. Nostalgia for things I probably have never known. Odeur 53 is so beautiful, and eventually I'll complete my Helmut Lang collection by adding Cuiron to the list. Minimalistic fragrances give me this dystopian feeling. Anonymous. Urban.
View attachment 1566179

I recently got the H24 just the other day and its cool but Nightclubbing is still my favorite. I even still wear Tom Ford ******* Fabulous sometimes. The original Bois d' Argent was my absolute favorite in the 2000's I used to get the big bottles.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't smelled H24, but watched some YouTuber reviews and saw comments linking it to Dior Higher and Chanel's Platinum Egoiste. I wonder if, similar to fashion, fragrances are going to go back to remix the past.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I haven't smelled H24, but watched some YouTuber reviews and saw comments linking it to Dior Higher and Chanel's Platinum Egoiste. I wonder if, similar to fashion, fragrances are going to go back to remix the past.

Fragrances for the most part are fusions of scents found in real life so I'm sure nostalgia plays at least some part in their appeal to the masses. Also I've smelled so many fragrances that remind me of others.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Emma Roberts cute
1614742173725.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ss21 looks even better off runway, just photoshopping the background makes a tremendous difference for me

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overall I'm impressed that Hedi seems to have hit ss21 out of the park. Not what I'm into, but I'm in awe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics