• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pages and cropped flares, very stylish but dramatic

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other brands and girls are accepting the flared look. In a few more years, it isn't hard to imagine flares being more commonplace and less dramatic.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think flares are one of those things that, although definitely becoming more trendy in the last year or so, will always periodically show up in collections. I have a couple Valentino flared trousers from like 3-4 years ago, and several of the Vacc flares/bootcuts from a couple years ago, both were before Hedi started featuring them at Celine (I'm aware he had some bootcut stuff at Dior). There's not that much variation you can have in cuts of trousers, when you think about it.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Pages really feel like it hits a sweet spot between pointy and chiselled toe. I feel like it looks nice with more voluminous pants and skinny jeans. They have a lot of potential if offered in lower heel heights. It can be argued that it is somewhere between Wyatts and Camargues, but I think it gives it extra versatility.

1614528687770.png

1614528763758.png
1614529032585.png

The Pages also can be seen as a more angular version of the Drugstores. Which in turn makes the Drugstore pretty versatile as well. A little rounded, a little pointy. Works with skinny pants and more voluminous pants. The Pages and Drugstores' only criticism would be that it is on the fence and isn't picking a side as firmly as its other siblings.
1614529307205.png

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think although trends do dictate what society will trend towards wearing, people should dress according to their body shape and wear pieces to help emphasize certain attributes. She's not that tall and a more voluminous silhouette will just add width to her frame making her appear short and stout. A skinnier and more cropped look will help her look visually taller.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Throwback to Hedi's Dior Homme. This piece feels experimental for sure. It is like a combination of a blazer with a military jacket. It feels a bit corny to me because it looks so extra. I wouldn't be surprised if this is something a video game character would wear.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I haven't seen a front shot of Hedi with his jeans obviously sagged, so I'm reserving my judgement. Any sag I notice is all from the back. Every front shot I've seen, he wears them quite normally. I suspect his lack of an ass makes them look more saggy from the back. This model from ss13 also looks like he is sagging in this picture. But from the front shot, it looks quite normal.
View attachment 1564088
View attachment 1564094

Now I'm not going to say they're rocking it like ss14 runway where it is hiked so far up that you see the outline of their balls.
View attachment 1564100

View attachment 1564102

I was making fun of your argument by showing how it is a slippery slope. The way that you police Hedi is how someone else would police you. They'll feel justified in their baseless criticisms of how you're a poser since you don't "truly" embody the rockstar life, and how it is all an elaborate dress up. They will gatekeep and tell you that you should dress more your lane.

To be honest, it is much cooler to just be who you are then to want to be a rockstar. If your own personal style coincidentally has some rockstar elements then so be it. But to feel a strong emotional connection to being a rockstar can be a weakness others will exploit and use to jab at you. Anyways, being a rockstar is overrated. Many of them suffering with antisocial personality disorders which is what allows them to live dangerously and not give a **** about what others think in the first place. Is that what you really want to emulate? I can tell you I wish I didn't have antisocial personality tendencies myself. Life would be so much easier.

Sidenote but that's the perfect denim jacket fit. Cropped but with long (enough) sleeves looks perfect while still having that edge. If the sleeves are short too you get that too small look.

I think it looks off if you go this route:
ABxEKu4.png

N6OEhxX.png

rire

Reaction score
I can't see his profile for some reason, as if his account is deleted. Don't think I'm blocked or anything.

Edit: I can see his profile when I'm not logged in, so I guess I am blocked? In any case I've never interacted with the man so I doubt it.
He's blocked me as well so there might be a pattern here.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
He's blocked me as well so there might be a pattern here.

It's weird because I don't even remember ever interacting with him since I simply don't comment a lot on IG. I do remember seeing his posts but that's it. Interesting.

Bill H

Reaction score
Wow, his collection is great! And I thought I had maybe too much clothes! I'm so anal I was thinking of making a list of my Saint Laurent outerwear and rating each piece on fit, construction, etc., haha.

I'm on a similar wavelength with his aesthetic although he has me 100% beat in color diversity and shoe collection. In fact, I think I was wearing the same exact outfit SL Teddy/Celine pants as him yesterday. The pants are so killer and the Teddy makes everything more rock n' roll or fun.

Yeah I agree; I dig his style. And Sir G, definitely make a list, I would enjoy that. You also have some Hedi Dior too I think, so I would love it if you got that in the mix.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Modern silhouette, suit with CT-02s. Feels like what Phoebe would do.
1614577542732.png

1614578491991.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads