• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Thorns. That looks horrendous on him, but great on the womenswear runway. I'll put on the list of things to try in person that I'm not confident to order.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Women's fw19

This can be seen as Hedi repurposing something he has already done for fw21 mens, or it can be seen as Hedi being progressive and blurring the oppressive gender lines.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dry down of Cologne Française gives me whiffs that remind me of Bois d'Argent's dry down. I can't describe the smell, but my brain would immediately connect these two. It has a transparent clean shimmering subtle feeling to it without being like laundry detergent. I went to sample the modern Bois d'Argent recently and I don't like how they changed it. The top smells very similar, if only maybe a tad denser. However, as it progresses, there is this subtle tanginess to this dry wood/hay smell. Perhaps it is meant to add complexity and naturalness, but it perverts Hedi and Annick Menardo's original intention, so I can't recommend it.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Relaxed modern silhouette with monstrous square toe footwear. Hedi has shied away from doing square toes at Celine. I think pointy toe with this silhouette looks more chic and more fitting for Celine.
1614377645799.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the first non-models wearing the fw21 hoodie merch
1614378012832.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This sky blue and black combo is nice. It is cooler than the usual beige/brown styling, and I find it quite beautiful.
1614378232456.png

1614378243406.png

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a pity that this jacket fits like this. I feel like you could get something similar from a brand like valstar or something. Perhaps it would look better open, and/or with teh cuffs unbuttoned? Sized down one?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It definitely needs sizing down looking at that picture. Also seems like bad lighting or flash making the suede look horrible. Part of me is tempted to try it when I next order based on the womenswear runway picture.

Bill H

Reaction score
I like the denim but my mindset has always been that if I don't like something instantly I should just return it, otherwise I'll just regret it later and have to deal with selling later. Chances are you're gonna find a pair of jeans like this one that are "better" and these will be in your closet gathering dust from then on.

That's just my thought process, I think you can go either way.
Yeah I agree... it is rare when I don't like it out the getgo, but then it grows on me...
I'm hoping this was ironic?
Hahaha... Yes, my inspiration is Justin Bieber. I love the way he can make even the best outfits seem inauthentic.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping this was ironic?
Jared is almost double Sky's age in this photo. I think it speaks volumes the importance of skincare/genetics. I prefer if the male and female couple looks similar. An obviously older man with an obviously younger woman isn't that great of a look. A significantly older man who doesn't look his age, however, isn't that big of an issue by comparison. "They look good together."
1614420199322.png

I will always keep an open mind and never outright shun youth style because I have no interest in really dating girls my age. How can one claim to be a rebellious "bad boy" if they feel icky towards sexual predators.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The modern silhouette really feels like a throwback to mid-00s

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads