• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, no way I could do a wide belt, flopping all over the place, I really like that discreet, slim belt Beck is sporting there. Thanks for the panoply of images Thorns.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how does the wash look in person? The e-commerce photos make them look like some of the best pre-distressed denim I've ever seen, but I'm curious if that actually carries over to real life. Bummer about the fades not lining up.

Edited this, as I took a few pictures to give it context, and I misremembered it as darker than it truly is. Here are a few brutal pictures for sake of example.

IMG_0390.jpeg

IMG_0381.jpeg

Darker Saint Laurent that I've had for a few years as contrast:

IMG_0373.jpeg

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do find it odd that they wouldn't consider offering different inseams. However, I do think most luxury consumers aren't that picky about fit. If they were picky, they wouldn't sacrifice fit over resell value and actually hem their jeans.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it be too egregious to consider hanging onto these jeans?

I’m starting to like the fit and wonder if I was too reactive about the fades.

6DED4BE9-97FC-4FC4-BB9B-3B97F0A227ED.jpeg

033AD05B-4A05-4043-8DED-1B7194E4E192.jpeg

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they're fine. They might lift a bit after washing as well

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since there are fades everywhere, the fades at the knee don't stand out that much, so I don't really visually fixate on them. You should do a comparison of those jeans with different footwear and see how it interacts with each type as an experiment.

clskier

Reaction score
Yeah, I think they're fine as well. Especially with the creases at the knee I can barely notice, and that's with specifically looking for that. Wash looks great as well!

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Would it be too egregious to consider hanging onto these jeans?

I’m starting to like the fit and wonder if I was too reactive about the fades.

View attachment 1563188
View attachment 1563189

I like the denim but my mindset has always been that if I don't like something instantly I should just return it, otherwise I'll just regret it later and have to deal with selling later. Chances are you're gonna find a pair of jeans like this one that are "better" and these will be in your closet gathering dust from then on.

That's just my thought process, I think you can go either way.

Bryan55

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to confirm it the corduroy Teddys will be released again? I know they are part of the essential collections (or were).

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
@kieran84 I tried that suede jacket and it's much more forgiving compared to the SS20 trucker jackets and not as cropped. It fit like my Hedi suede jacket from SS15 or current SLP suedes. I'd go tts

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kieran84 I tried that suede jacket and it's much more forgiving compared to the SS20 trucker jackets and not as cropped. It fit like my Hedi suede jacket from SS15 or current SLP suedes. I'd go tts

Thank you. How would you say it compares to the black loose blouson in lamb that Hedi wears in size? Similar?

youwhat

Reaction score
not sure about the fades on those jeans. or maybe just too light all over (sort of in the middle nothingy)

this is the only person i've seen wear that suede jacket Kieran is talking about.

34528490-8852083-image-a-49_1603009064161.jpg

34528482-8852083-image-a-54_1603009093496.jpg

34528488-8852083-image-a-58_1603009116857.jpg

i liked it on the (womens. buttons bit different) runway...might just be the guy though...

Untitled.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics