• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Bill H

Reaction score
What a nice delicate feeling.

The all black yet delicate look is very reminiscent of fw15.
View attachment 1561684

I wonder if I would like FW15 more if I was super tall and skinny... going back to last week's conversation where Thorns was kind enough to work some photoshop magics. I definitely like some of the coats, especially when styled up... def not my fav season, although others really like it and I can appreciate that... l

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I wonder if I would like FW15 more if I was super tall and skinny... going back to last week's conversation where Thorns was kind enough to work some photoshop magics. I definitely like some of the coats, especially when styled up... def not my fav season, although others really like it and I can appreciate that... l

For what it's worth the biggest reason I dress in Hedi's work is because I'm tall and skinny. If I was shorter I'd wear more Haider. If I was wider I'd wear more Rick.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Good point, I ordered a pair of the skinny denim to give them a try and hope that the fades do not misalign. They're only $690, which to me is quite low for designer denim. I seem to recall 700-800 being the usual range, but I may be off a step.

It fluctuates I've seen luxury denim as high as $1400+ so it all depends on the finish and detailing etc

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried the black gabardine trousers which I ordered once before. They're perfect. I'm not sure why I returned them before as they look amazing. I thought they were a bit high waisted before, and I still think they are with a t-shirt, but with knitwear or shirts they look perfect.

Now I want the tennis stripe ones. I just need to decide which colour. I'd buy the black and the navy as trousers, and the grey with the 2 button matching blazer as a suit if I had unlimited money, but I'm going to try to limit myself to just one as I think I'm going to buy the monogram briefcase and union wash jeans as well, and I feel like I've spent a lot lately.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried the black gabardine trousers which I ordered once before. They're perfect. I'm not sure why I returned them before as they look amazing. I thought they were a bit high waisted before, and I still think they are with a t-shirt, but with knitwear or shirts they look perfect.

Now I want the tennis stripe ones. I just need to decide which colour. I'd buy the black and the navy as trousers, and the grey with the 2 button matching blazer as a suit if I had unlimited money, but I'm going to try to limit myself to just one as I think I'm going to buy the monogram briefcase and union wash jeans as well, and I feel like I've spent a lot lately.
Those are the classic pants, right?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's right. Similar in shape to the AW15 trousers, but unlike with Saint Laurent I don't need to adjust the length on these at all and I'm only 6 feet tall and took a 48. 48 fits me pretty slim. I wear a 31 in the Celine skinny and the trousers have less room in them.

I'm probably going to get the black ones with tennis stripes as well.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's right. Similar in shape to the AW15 trousers, but unlike with Saint Laurent I don't need to adjust the length on these at all and I'm only 6 feet tall and took a 48. 48 fits me pretty slim. I wear a 31 in the Celine skinny and the trousers have less room in them.

I'm probably going to get the black ones with tennis stripes as well.
Ok, that's good to know. I see the us webstore has quite a few different versions of this cut. I've been thinking of picking some up.

VinceCompost

Reaction score
It fluctuates I've seen luxury denim as high as $1400+ so it all depends on the finish and detailing etc

Not to mention the gullibility of the customer.

Unless these pants are woven by the hands of albino virgins, it's just not possible to spend that much money on making an item of clothing. Regardless of the finish or detailing.

That's $55 on materials and labor, $1,345 on marketing. Bargain!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really digging this brown silk dress shirt, drug-store collar.

I went TTS (37) and I received it a little early, so wouldn't necessarily generally wear it with these types of jeans, etc. but took a few quick pics (low light here now, so even shoddier than my usual).

Still not sure on the teddy below tbh!!
IMG_0354.jpeg

IMG_0358.jpeg

IMG_0366.jpeg

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha, from the States. I find the webstore is updated sporadically but usually there are a few new items and some of the more classic pieces get a full new set of sizes, such as the cashmere sweaters in the essentials collection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads