• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new silhouette appears to be veering dangerously close to a very old one...
Those jeans do not look good on that guy.
Honestly I really didn't feel the collection. Haven't returned to it once.
I didn't like it either, although I kinda appreciate it from the abstract formal point of view, if that makes sense. It made me think of dark but cool British post punk bands like echo and the bunnymen, siouxsie and the banshees, maybe a little public image. Unfortunately I'm not really seeing anything I want to buy, but I guess we'll need to wait and see how things look.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah nothing for me. Whatsoever.

I'll probably add some more basics. My wardrobe is looking pretty reasonable at the moment. Hoping the essentials collection gets some attention. I'd like some kind of tobacco suede jacket as I slept on the one Randeep got. I'd also like a new camel Chesterfield. I'll probably get the union wash skinny. Maybe the drugstore Chelsea.

I've ordered the black cashmere blend t shirt, the black drugstore collar shirt in 42 (2 sizes up from my Saint Laurent size so may be too big in the body), the monogram cardholder, and I've also reordered the classic black gabardine pants this time from mrporter. They don't look that high waisted when I see them on people online so I thought I'd give them another try.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you guys eyeing anything from teen knight poem?
I will copy that denim jacket underneath everything styling. I have a very soft spot for those riding boots, but wearing it casually will clash with the narrative that I've created with the character I portray. It would only make sense for "costume parties", so I'm hesitant. I might get swayed, against my better judgement, if the price is right.

1614123550276.png

But...I already have the double buckle rangers from Saint Laurent so I might as well just tuck my jeans into those instead of adding more to my wardrobe. It would be easier to wear casually than riding boots. Maybe I'll keep with my OCD and pick up another pair so that I have doubles of things I like for longevity purposes.
1614123831682.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The following changes will make his look ready for fw21
- add denim jacket
- add hoodie
- chunkier derbies
- jewelry
43915120_251137252232208_4236124382899322064_n.jpg

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Those jeans do not look good on that guy.

I didn't like it either, although I kinda appreciate it from the abstract formal point of view, if that makes sense. It made me think of dark but cool British post punk bands like echo and the bunnymen, siouxsie and the banshees, maybe a little public image. Unfortunately I'm not really seeing anything I want to buy, but I guess we'll need to wait and see how things look.

I tried to see it that way but I just can't. Which is unfortunate because I like the idea of the collection.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The newer silhouette is just a bit too dramatic for my taste. It looks fresh for sure, and quite visually pleasing. I just don't want to make it so obvious that I'm showing a lot of effort for my look.
84157251_103380757914248_576280297501072274_n.jpg

151790686_126620669360779_7218014843985170446_n.jpg

But in a society where everyone is wearing cropped pants, and stores are all selling them, the look will be normalized and no longer dramatic. Skinny jeans would be dramatic and show that you're making an effort to wear something uncommon.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's an interesting question. I'm of the camp where I like the idea behind teen knight poem but didn't spot pieces that I'd purchase off the runway. That said, I'm usually a sucker for the dark and moody aesthetic so I'm imaging something in the RTW collection will tickle my fancy. Maybe I'll opt for a sweater or expand the boot portfolio.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
What is the thrust of Celine pricing? Relative to SLP or Dior, many things seem about 20% less. Is that one's experience? For instance, I recently chatted about teddy jackets, and SL's are usually about $500 more, is that because of the amount of leather used, the chunkier hardware, name recognition, something else? I even noticed it with some of the leather jackets. This may be an ad-hoc observation of the items at which I've taken an interest, but curious if this is a more brand-wide strategy.

I've noticed some items are slightly more affordable for pieces that target the younger crowd. This appears to be a strategy.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That doesn’t look bad to me just like a compromise half-step between the balloon pants on the runway and my increasingly ossified preference:

7B0BDDB6-E6D4-4B83-A331-F25C8AAB5D06.jpeg

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks like it will sell well to me:

I received the cardholder in triomphe monogram and I really like it. A nice change from the various black leather versions I have. I might get the passport holder or the briefcase as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads