• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hedi's name just has that clout. Alexandre Arnault casually rocking his design. But this is probably only really relevant for people in the scene where which designer you wear carries another type of "weight", not just about the brand. For most people, they wouldn't even know who Hedi Slimane is...so just focusing on the design, or even the brand, of the product is sufficient.

This almost looks like Hedi's London 20 Chelsea boot

Wearing Wyatt 30s here

Pretty rebellious since it is from rival company Kering.

Last edited:

mugatu

Reaction score
I recall the giant plaid pants which were sometimes accessorized with safety pins (they didn't make an appearance, lately, have they?)

Just about every streetwear brand has been doing plaid skate work pants for the past couple years..

stussy-plaid-pants-1_large_2x.jpg

stussy
Levis-Skateboard-Work-Pant-Alexandrite-Plaid-2-scaled.jpg

levis
6ab01eaec33173da8f4dbb3fdda1b62e.jpg

Supreme
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2015%2F09%2Fcomme-des-garcons-supreme-2015-fall-winter-collection-1.jpg

CDG

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ss21 and fw21 has such fantastical elements that make it look so perfect in cartoon/anime form
1614091232800.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do think Hedi is hammering home how there are different styles at Celine. There are tailored pieces, casual edgy leather pieces, more softer casual pieces, and more youthful playful pieces. Although it is possible for one single individual to wear everything, I think it would be quite weird. It would almost feel schizophrenic. I think it is more about finding your own style within everything Hedi offers.

I find it interesting how Hedi's Celine narrative is tapping into more sophisticated/bougie hobbies at Celine. I feel like story wise it helps set Celine apart from Saint Laurent. I like how Hedi tries to inject some edginess to how he presents his formal wear. I can imagine a modern Le Chiffre wearing Celine.
1614105402384.png

1614105413991.png
1614105611665.png

1614106023005.png

1614105655118.png

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of like the quirkiness, hobbies, and Maison aspect of Celine, too. I thought SL was a bit too hyper focused on the clothing, and missed forays into watches and fragrances, etc. I know people make fun of the helmets and maybe the roller skates of the past, but I'm with Thorns in that I like how it builds a narrative through each season and potentially throughout the brand itself.

Bryan55

Reaction score
I kind of like the quirkiness, hobbies, and Maison aspect of Celine, too. I thought SL was a bit too hyper focused on the clothing, and missed forays into watches and fragrances, etc. I know people make fun of the helmets and maybe the roller skates of the past, but I'm with Thorns in that I like how it builds a narrative through each season and potentially throughout the brand itself.

I was just thinking about this and you and Thorns maker great points. I myself don’t like to dress head to toe in one designer anyway and to that end, wearing nothing but the different styles and collections that Celine has to offer might come off as too much as a clash. Not to open this can of worms again here, but those of us who like skinny jeans will probably always have something we like when it comes to Hedi’s designs.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I'm interested in those too, but suspect I'll pass. Other than that I'd like to see how the jeans look

Same, and I think the shaft is gonna be a bit wide.

Honestly I really didn't feel the collection. Haven't returned to it once.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads