• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think that was some of the shorter models only, like that Troy something, forget his name.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More modern Celine silhouette rocked by the trendy crowd

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dominique's video on the Dancing Kid collection. I do love the SA looks with Jacno 30s.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Girl wearing the oversized suit silhouette trend

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
My memory is a bit hazy, but I have this memory of reading that Hedi had the fw15 models wear heel lifts in their French 85s to even further boost their height.

Think that was some of the shorter models only, like that Troy something, forget his name.

I wonder how tall those models actually were. I feel like a lot of publications talked about them during the Hedi SLP shows almost as if they were freaks of nature.

Randeep

Reaction score
This dude who I think thorns posted a video of a while back has made another video in store, checking out the dancing kid collection, pretty cool:

We get a quick flash of the made to order booklet:

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 15.25.06.png

And he got some cool temporary tattoos/stickers. Very jealous, half a mind to hit up my SA and ask "where's mine ?????"

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 15.30.00.png

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most were 6'1" - 6'2". Some were a lot taller like 6'6", and some quite a bit shorter like 5'8".

I didn't like that video, think he's put me off getting a Cartier Tank as well. I'll have to pretend I didn't see it maybe.

That bit where the guy had the clown jumper on, which looked horrendous, and they were all fawning over it actually made me laugh out loud. People like this must live in a completely different world than the one I do.

I did like the modern collar blue striped shirt on the younger sales assistant. I can see myself in that with AW15 type stuff like a camel Chesterfield. I'll buy one if they become available again.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And he got some cool temporary tattoos/stickers. Very jealous, half a mind to hit up my SA and ask "where's mine ?????"

I always associated those stickers with the younger generation who likes to plaster stickers on their laptops.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also noticed that the trousers the sales assistant had on didn't look as high waisted as the ones I returned, which were supposed to be mid rise, so I guess there must be some low waisted options available. Anybody know? Thanks.

The triomphe vertical Boston bag with the brown details looks nice too noticed it in the background. I'm not sure how I feel about the style though whether it's a bit feminine for me. I'd probably get a duffle in that combination if one became available.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picture of a pretty down-to-Earth Saint Laurent model back in the fw15 - ss16 days. I do feel like his thinness is reaching concentration camp levels in his agency photos though.
1452321339646.jpg

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found this insight interesting, and I really like how Hedi does it.

sorry i totally didn't read the end of your question. I think look isn't too much of a deal for hedi, i mean if he wants a guy with short hair he'll get one, but for hedi it's like he wants to create a character, or even just uses your own character. So the guy with the bowl cut (Isaac) is obviously really flamboyant, it's his personality, and as you can see Hedi puts him in pretty flamboyant stuff to match his personality, i'm tall so he always puts me in long clothes, I think i have a pretty imposing? physique, so he puts me in **** like capes, there's not so much a look he's going for, there's an aesthetic he's trying to achieve, but he builds the looks on the models, he doesn't have set looks that he then seeks models to wear. I think it's a really unique and impressive way of organising shows

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Most were 6'1" - 6'2". Some were a lot taller like 6'6", and some quite a bit shorter like 5'8".

That's really not that crazy actually.

Picture of a pretty down-to-Earth Saint Laurent model back in the fw15 - ss16 days. I do feel like his thinness is reaching concentration camp levels in his agency photos though.
View attachment 1543166

It's always a bit tricky for me. I'm personally naturally skinny and I can even lose around 10 kg and still be considered "healthy." A 29 waist for a 6'3 dude is really crazy though.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's always a bit tricky for me. I'm personally naturally skinny and I can even lose around 10 kg and still be considered "healthy." A 29 waist for a 6'3 dude is really crazy though.
He's actually 6'5. Had to lie so that he gets better chances of being hired.

dacarden

Reaction score
A lot of these people scare me. I miss the badass nature of Hedi SLP stuff and I could really connect with the pieces. I rocked a lot of Hedi SLP stuff when I was playing in a punk rock band and it just enhanced the stage presence (although, there is nothing "punk rock" about buying French designer wear lol!). Not going to lie I do feel a disconnect with a lot of Celine pieces. Here and there I find stuff I love but for the most part its not all for me. I don't just buy Celine stuff for the sake of "Hedi designed it" but more so that they add some intrinsic value to my style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads