• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to think the handcuff bracelet was super corny...but seeing the E-boy jewellery made me have another perspective.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tremendous pics, Thorns thank you... shout out to Freddie the Swede... digging the style
Yes, he looks great alright. It's nice to see some older guys rocking this type of stuff. I have developed something of a man crush on Sebastien Bauer. That guy is incrediblby suave. Even his name is somehow impressive. Also, this guy looks great to me, and I think would be one of teh best looking of the many Asian thorns has been thrusting upon us.
Triple strap Berlins with a suit giving that goth vibe

This may be a controversial take, but I think Timothy Olyphant (or whatever his name is) looks terrible in Celine. In his defense, leather trousers are nearly impossible to pull off, so I give him credit for attempting it. but those recently pics, as well as the one of him at some ceremony thing, are verging on the catastrophic in my opinion. Especially, when you juxtapose them, as thorns did, with that blonde twin guy, who looks insanely cool.

Also, I watched the trailer for hte new Dune movie, and it also looks horrible.

Lit Harington

Reaction score
weird, i think that noist guy looks bad in most of his pics. he doesnt seem to have any personal style, he just wears different expensive clothes (more like the clothes are wearing him tbh). not quite sure why he bought a teddy that looks to me at least 1 size too big for him either

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that Sebastien guy is one of the best I've seen in Hedis stuff except for some of the old SL sales associates in London stores. Definitely brought my interest back into smarter clothes.

There's a Thai guy on Instagram that looks better than most of the other East Asians, he has the brown trucker and one of the denims as far as I recall.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
weird, i think that noist guy looks bad in most of his pics. he doesnt seem to have any personal style, he just wears different expensive clothes (more like the clothes are wearing him tbh). not quite sure why he bought a teddy that looks to me at least 1 size too big for him either

I hereby take back what I said about him

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I actually think both of these look pretty good. The first one is definitely not my cup of tea and I hate the hat, but it's not too bad. The second fit looks great to me though. The teddy seems intentionally oversized, and pairs very well with the higher rise, pleated and cropped pants. I think the heels are also larger than 40mm, which fit the outfit well.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually think both of these look pretty good. The first one is definitely not my cup of tea and I hate the hat, but it's not too bad. The second fit looks great to me though. The teddy seems intentionally oversized, and pairs very well with the higher rise, pleated and cropped pants. I think the heels are also larger than 40mm, which fit the outfit well.
I think the boots look great. In my humble opinion the teddy jacket is a nightmare. But, I don't like that type of jacket much to begin with, so I'm open to the idea that the aficionados might dig it. I don't like the trousers either (those are the new wave I take it?), but that's the design and not the guy (heroically) styling them.

I'd like to see the pants and jacket ditched, and a (non-Celine) leather jacket put on. He seems to be posing in some sort of photography studio too, which is lame. He needs to take a cue from the Italians, Sebastian Bauer (and ASAPrice) and get out into the world and live in these clothes, and then be photographed in the process.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Yes, he looks great alright. It's nice to see some older guys rocking this type of stuff. I have developed something of a man crush on Sebastien Bauer. That guy is incrediblby suave. Even his name is somehow impressive. Also, this guy looks great to me, and I think would be one of teh best looking of the many Asian thorns has been thrusting upon us.

This may be a controversial take, but I think Timothy Olyphant (or whatever his name is) looks terrible in Celine. In his defense, leather trousers are nearly impossible to pull off, so I give him credit for attempting it. but those recently pics, as well as the one of him at some ceremony thing, are verging on the catastrophic in my opinion. Especially, when you juxtapose them, as thorns did, with that blonde twin guy, who looks insanely cool.

Also, I watched the trailer for hte new Dune movie, and it also looks horrible.

I don't think that's a controversial take. From what I've seen people either love or hate him, and the people who find him extremely attractive don't understand people who don't and vice versa. That's obviously about him and not the clothes, but it's still relevant.

I respect the commitment. Taking outfit pictures in a studio is actually kinda hot.

I'd size down on the jacket in the second picture, other than that it's great. Hate the first one though.

Spaceman333

Reaction score
teddy fits fine , especially when you consider that’s how a lot of the runway looks were styled. also weird comment to make about “living in the clothes” when you don’t even know the guy personally.

VinceCompost

Reaction score
teddy fits fine , especially when you consider that’s how a lot of the runway looks were styled. also weird comment to make about “living in the clothes” when you don’t even know the guy personally.

Have you looked at his instagram? It's totally unconvincing, every shot is a different look. "Style" in kit form, with no personality whatsoever. Like trying on a false mustache, nose, and glasses.

EDIT: I think he looks pretty good sat in the armchair, but it's basically the only decent fit on his entire feed. If he dressed in creative variants on that look everyday I'm sure I'd rate him highly, but as it is he's wearing carhaart in one photo and a suit in the next. Which could also work, if there were some kind of personal thread holding it altogether. There's none.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Some people pride themselves on the fact they can't be boxed in and can pull off a lot of styles. Not for me, but I guess it's an option.

Spaceman333

Reaction score
Have you looked at his instagram? It's totally unconvincing, every shot is a different look. "Style" in kit form, with no personality whatsoever. Like trying on a false mustache, nose, and glasses.

EDIT: I think he looks pretty good sat in the armchair, but it's basically the only decent fit on his entire feed. If he dressed in creative variants on that look everyday I'm sure I'd rate him highly, but as it is he's wearing carhaart in one photo and a suit in the next. Which could also work, if there were some kind of personal thread holding it altogether. There's none.

I mean even so, who cares? Why does it have to be convincing? This elitism about not suiting the Hedi Slimane "lifestyle" just cause you don't sleep in you rider or run your boots into the ground through wearing them every single day is annoying. Also let's be honest, guys like him are the ones making profits for the brand and keeping it around, not the people hanging onto their SLP FW13 Wyatt boots.

Look at the difference from the first Celine collection to Dancing Kid; they barely even complement one another. It's ok to have a diverse wardrobe and enjoy a bit of everything.

Also I recall someone mentioning that the 70s studded jacket was unique cause it was the first jacket Hedi designed from the ground up in a while, well...

VinceCompost

Reaction score
This elitism about not suiting the Hedi Slimane "lifestyle" just cause you don't sleep in you rider or run your boots into the ground through wearing them every single day is annoying.

What elitism? Where? Who said that?

Also let's be honest, guys like him are the ones making profits for the brand and keeping it around, not the people hanging onto their SLP FW13 Wyatt boots.

And I should be concerned whether Celine make a profit or not because...?

Look at the difference from the first Celine collection to Dancing Kid; they barely even complement one another. It's ok to have a diverse wardrobe and enjoy a bit of everything.

Agreed. It's what you do with it that counts.

And on the evidence of his IG, he does absolutely nothing with it whatsoever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads