• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Belt bag
1611418345539.jpeg

Deonfate

Reaction score
Any francophones on this thread reads Le Monde? Does any of you have access to this interview?

Thank you

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sirgrotius the cashmere sweater arrived. I like the knit, definitely a heavier more rugged feel than the classic Saint Laurent raglan cashmere crews but nice nonetheless. I found the colour a bit too light for me though so I'll be returning. The fit was quite loose and slouchy too, would probably be nice in black though. I could probably go down to medium for it to fit more like the model on mrporter. Length is pretty ideal. Much longer than the fine merino crew from Celine which is the shortest I could get away with (beautiful though).

Also got the western blouson in lamb, will be returning as well. Just doesn't look that great on me.

Classic trousers also going to have to go back. Rise is what I'd consider high, almost up to my belly button. Cool for some people but definitely not my style. Fit of the legs is perfect though and similar to SL with 17.5 hem.

Only thing I'm keeping is the 2.5 cm lizard embossed calf square buckle belt. I have the plain calf version in 2.5 and 1.8 already so knew what to expect. It's a nice addition though as the light catches the embossing giving it a bit of a shine, dressier than plain calf. Gave me an AW15 feeling. Really fancy the crocodile rectangular buckle one now too, trying to resist though at 1400 pound.

As much as I want to buy something I think I might take a break as there's not much available that I like. Maybe a plain white modern collar shirt, can't really have enough white shirts. Probably finally get around to buying some fragrances, should really wait and go to store though. I want to see the black triomphe duffle in store too.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
No, I totally get what you're saying. I was just pointing to my own absurd behavior in buying stuff that I don't wear, in addition to the stuff I had previously.

Ok, I interpreted that completely wrong. lol

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found some other shots of Timothée Chalamet wearing ss19
1611465440416.png

1611465496378.png

I'm so used to shorter blazers that the push for longer blazers just doesn't look that flattering on anyone who isn't tall. I think it looks lacklustre on anyone less than 6 foot tall.

One of the Garden twins rocking the longer fw15 blazers. His height prevents it from making it look overwhelming.
1611465700131.png

1611465715811.png

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thorns I think the cut not being the slimmest is what makes it look bad more so than the length. If you look where the first one hits his thigh it's not much longer than the classic 69 cm SL blazers, but doesn't look anything like them.

Personally I try to avoid tailoring (other than sleeve length and hemming trousers or jeans), where possible because it often ruins the proportion. I imagine you could probably take no more than a cm of length off without it starting to throw off the balance. Anybody have experience?

I remember someone posting a set of rules for Celine staff to follow on tailoring, anybody know where it is or have it saved.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that's why Hedi is smart to continue releasing those short blazers where the sleeves end at the same length as the body.

Hey guys,

I post here a while ago I work as a SSA for celine I was quite skeptical about the forum because I’ve never talked about Celine in a different light before.If anyone has any questions or wants to ask anything feel free to send me some replies because I’m honesty curious that there is customers for Hedi stuff still. I’ll post a photo regarding Hedi’s ideology on alterations.

1611479295655.png

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, although the short blazers at Celine are still 69cm I think and probably scale up and down from 48. A 50 at SL was 71cm for example. It's not particularly cropped on someone of average height even up to six feet or so.

That guide is interesting. 1.5 cm on each side on the double is a pretty significant adjustment though. I wouldn't trust a sales associate to pin that which is why even for simple alterations I go directly to the tailor that used to do the alterations for London Saint Laurent stores.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind this ss19 x harness Wyatts fusion

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads