• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black vertical Cabas is a nice minimalistic option. I don't think it would need any charms even when worn with the logo hidden.

Due to the material being untreated canvas, I would spray some of that nano protect material so that it would be more resistant to the elements.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That black vertical Cabas gave me a Balenciaga vibe, so it made me curious to see what they offer. The backpack with a shoulder strap reminds me of the shoulder strap option of the Celine Biker backpack.
1611138863930.png

1611138902360.png

I don't think the Celine shoulder strap is long enough to crossbody.
1611138957084.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually the Triomphe canvas monogram vertical Cabas reversed isn't that bad. The tan leather strap does help to visually pull the eyes up.

1611141537662.png

1611141560519.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like I would always see this as a "dressy" sneaker as I saw a lot of older men gravitating to this black leather upper and white sole combination when trying to avoid wearing dress shoes but still look North American-presenatable.

1611146186167.png

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thorns that's often my get-up, even today, I'm wearing a grey striped Marin sweater and black Diors with that white sole, ha!

I've been trying to get the Celine black Marin with the buttons for a little while, but always out of stock in my size. I like the white one and is excellent quality if people like knitwear with some substance. It'll definitely hold up to the windy seas of Brittany if that's the idea.

Two other random points - I want that green mug in the Johnny Depp picture. Great trove there btw.

Kieran - did you end up receiving the grey cashmere sweater? How's it fitting on you, as I recall you had some hesitation on the length.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This small messenger/crossbody bag could be another easy candidate for an everyday bag

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 100% not a fan of this trench. Way too tacky. Logomania'd to the max

dacarden

Reaction score
Kind of off the Celine topic, but looking back, when Hedi styles scarves for his winter seasons, does he typically double wrap around the neck and throw it over the shoulder? Reason I ask is because I own a few scarves but picked up a AW05 Dior Homme scarf (super long one) untouched for a great deal and this thing is insanely long even for me being over 6’.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Kind of off the Celine topic, but looking back, when Hedi styles scarves for his winter seasons, does he typically double wrap around the neck and throw it over the shoulder? Reason I ask is because I own a few scarves but picked up a AW05 Dior Homme scarf (super long one) untouched for a great deal and this thing is insanely long even for me being over 6’.
I recall a few single wrap necks and around the shoulder and a few super lose double or triple neck wraps with both sides forward. I personally rock a single neck wrap and around the shoulder, keeps me warm as **** and I think it looks best. Sometimes I'll tuck my scarf into my jacket if it's windy or for some reason getting in the way

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fw04, fw13's older brother, with the same scarf style. It looks like it was loosely wrapped twice around the neck. It is folded a bit to reduce some bulk.
1611213658919.png

I feel like the scarf is wrapped twice around the neck tightly before dangling it in the back, similar to fw15.
1611213840942.png

1611215361684.png

fw04 shows a messenger bag option that's quite nice with wool coats. School boy feeling.
1611213926755.png

I feel like you can tie a knot too by looping the second time underneath then above the first loop and dangle the end behind you.
1611214393389.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics