• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Lit Harington

Reaction score
one thing i've noticed about this generation of hedi's models is that a lot of them seem to be into high fashion and wear very expensive stuff in their own time/on their IGs.

i could be wrong but my memory of his SL models was that they never wore expensive stuff on their IGs (eg Wyatt & Fletcher Shears, even Dylan Brosnan - who could easily afford it). idk but it felt a bit 'cooler' that these guys really didnt give a ****. it makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, of course, but I'm interested to know what others think?

side note - this **** is extremely try hard and cringe.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
one thing i've noticed about this generation of hedi's models is that a lot of them seem to be into high fashion and wear very expensive stuff in their own time/on their IGs.

i could be wrong but my memory of his SL models was that they never wore expensive stuff on their IGs (eg Wyatt & Fletcher Shears, even Dylan Brosnan - who could easily afford it). idk but it felt a bit 'cooler' that these guys really didnt give a ****. it makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, of course, but I'm interested to know what others think?

I don't think one or the other is necessarily better as long as it's real. If you truly don't care about fashion and wear whatever the **** that's fine. If you're into fashion and like more expensive stuff that's cool too. It just has to be authentic because you can tell when it's not and one might look like a tryhard, like the guy in your example.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like there a cliques amongst the Hedi models, and they all hang out together based on interests. This specific group feels to be more interested in fashion, even in their off time. These individuals are connected to either fashion or is a fashion TikToker turned model.

1610985847316.png

1610985872636.png

1610985890313.png

1610985911342.png

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some of these clothes are incredibly difficult to pull off with ease. Stuff like the surf sound collection is a lot easier I feel.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly neutral on the subject. I remember there was a period that people were so into thrift that it became a bit grating and I'd pine for a few designer pieces here and there. That said, the one photo I preferred by far above the rest was the SS16 photoshoot.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It just has to be authentic because you can tell when it's not and one might look like a tryhard, like the guy in your example.
I think in order to remove the possibility of looking like a tryhard, they would have to do is to not post it on social media. The act of doing that betrays any effortlessness.

At first glance, I wouldn't be too shocked seeing him in real life in that outfit. I think the flares make a lot of statement currently since it is deviating from the more standard silhouettes, so that can make them look tryhard. The overly tight t-shirt might also make it feel not relaxed.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just based on the shape, the Celine version do not look better than the Palladium (inspiration). They look around the same, just Celine gets the Triomphe logo.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Celine GATs look nice with indigo denim

I think Celine GATs can look nice when substituted for the skate sneakers in these looks. Has a playful sporty feeling which does clash with the more dressed up look. It is a perfect match for the slightly more casual trench coat look.
1610991704198.png
1610991786885.png

1610991720084.png
1610991799192.png

The black leather Triomphe sneaker wouldn't be a bad choice either, albeit it starts leaning a bit boring/conservative. This would be the option for a more corporate place (justifying wearing a suit and tie) that allows you to wear black leather sneakers with white soles. It easily works itself well into the trench coat look too.

1610991704198.png
1610993069192.png

1610991720084.png
1610993069192.png

The Blanks don't fair too badly either. It makes less of a subversive statement.
1610991704198.png
1610993481995.png

1610991720084.png
1610993481995.png

I can't tell if I'm biased because of being exposed to the sneaker Hedi chose, but nothing else seems to be a perfect replacement for the irony that I sense in the look. Hedi's pairing with the Elliot Christian Marclay Klak sneaker has some subversive element, that I don't find in the other options, in this ironic look of someone wearing formal clothes just for fun rather than a social obligation. I wonder how another Elliot would fair.

1610991704198.png
1610994452065.png

The Klak text really adds this element of subversiveness that geometric patterns won't. It makes for a very cool look, but it does make the look limiting. It would be way too subversive for a more corporate place, but I don't think this person is wearing formal clothes to fit in. I think this is a young person purposefully wearing formal looks to be different than everyone else. The Christian Marclay sneakers are then a perfect item to complete his ironic outfit.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is someone who is rebelling against how casual everyone is dressing in 2020s. He rebels by going the opposite direction and wearing clothes that are very formal. He adds rebellious elements so it won't be mistaken that he's wearing a suit not to fit in, but to stand out rebelliously. I imagine this look working well with those Klak skate sneakers too.
1610995310224.png

1610995418901.png

I'm not going to lie, there is something quite cool about all of this. Too bad this whole mentality is very try hard and society at large wouldn't consider it as cool. They would consider this as weird instead. I think this is why earlier seasons tanked, and how when Hedi stopped trying to be so ironic, it started hitting better with the demographic that shops at luxury brands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads