• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That'll be awesome; I had meant to ask Thorns about it, as I'd assume he'd know everything to know about the show. :)

Randeep

Reaction score
Hi, for those of you who own both Camargue 'biker' and 'Western' chelseas, does the size of the Western one feel as large as the biker? Or would the Western chelsea by any chance fit true to size?
I recently had purchased the biker chelseas but soon had to return them due to the spaciness and don't want to fail on the sizing again..

I have the camargue bikers (half a size down from true size), don't have the western chelseas but have tried them (in suede) in store. My recollection is pretty vague but I think my true size I tried in the western chelsea was a little roomy, so maybe you'd need to size down (half) in that, too.

Why don't you order two sizes so you don't "fail on sizing again" ?

Randeep

Reaction score
I wonder why Hedi changed the logo placement to on the picture instead of below the picture.

Very deliberate and consistent shift in direction.
View attachment 1536781

Yeah, and to boot they've wiped/disabled comments on their IG. Wonder what prompted that? Spam about Lisa? Snarky comments about SS21? A temporary respite until FW21? Whatever it is, makes their IG feel less "approachable" to me and makes me feel like I want to interact with it less (interact for me in their case = dropping a like), and I'd miss reading the comments from mutual followers no matter how laconic they might've been.

The python boots are cool...

I think we're only a couple days away from the fw mens show

Speaking of python, saw these on grailed, only reposting as they're so pretty to look at:

white_python_jacnos_1.png

white_python_jacnos_2.png

Re. the men's show. I haven't seen much chatter about it, and I can't see it on the (now "definitive") PFW schedule despite the earlier WWD article saying "men’s week opens with Berluti and closes with Celine". Add to that Celine not mentioning it on their IG, and pushing the Dancing Kid campaign hard, I wonder if it is deferred until later in the year?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow those python boots are gorgeous and more than make up for the gaffes I endured this morning. ;)

For the scent hounds, is Nightclubbing not the perfect weekend wearer? I really enjoy this scent in small doses, i.e., not every day, as it pops so much and really sets a tone to the day/evening. There's a symbiotic relationship I have with fragrance, as I wonder about the chicken vs. the egg conundrum here. Am I choosing a certain fragrance because it suits my mood and/or is the cologne donning that mood to the wearer? IME, it's both.

Malour

Reaction score
Yeah, and to boot they've wiped/disabled comments on their IG. Wonder what prompted that? Spam about Lisa? Snarky comments about SS21? A temporary respite until FW21? Whatever it is, makes their IG feel less "approachable" to me and makes me feel like I want to interact with it less (interact for me in their case = dropping a like), and I'd miss reading the comments from mutual followers no matter how laconic they might've been.

Speaking of python, saw these on grailed, only reposting as they're so pretty to look at:

View attachment 1537005

View attachment 1537006

Re. the men's show. I haven't seen much chatter about it, and I can't see it on the (now "definitive") PFW schedule despite the earlier WWD article saying "men’s week opens with Berluti and closes with Celine". Add to that Celine not mentioning it on their IG, and pushing the Dancing Kid campaign hard, I wonder if it is deferred until later in the year?
Beautiful boots!

It's funny you mention the missing show details, I am certain I saw the show on the schedule a week ago. But I also wondered why they are pushing Dancing Kid so hard right now and no mentions of the new show. Maybe they changed their minds about it?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vogue must be very slow to pick up on trends as these have been literally all over the place all year never mind ss21

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
The Rosé and Lisa stans are definitely obnoxious. I understand being a fan of someone but that entire industry has a huge problem with fans treating their favorite idols (both men and women) in very weird ways like that. A lot of Kpop artists get talked to like they're 2 year olds.

Imagine if we did that to our western celebrities.

Bryan55

Reaction score
For the scent hounds, is Nightclubbing not the perfect weekend wearer? I really enjoy this scent in small doses, i.e., not every day, as it pops so much and really sets a tone to the day/evening. There's a symbiotic relationship I have with fragrance, as I wonder about the chicken vs. the egg conundrum here. Am I choosing a certain fragrance because it suits my mood and/or is the cologne donning that mood to the wearer? IME, it's both.

Interesting thought. While I do indeed wear Nightclubbing day or night, I can say that I don’t typically wear it on the weekends. In fact for weekend errands during the day, I’ll wear Dans Paris or maybe Reptile. (I did wear Black Tie today, however that is kind of an anomaly)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads