• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use the Rider backpack from Dior but it's a plain black canvass mercifully sans monogram:
1610729576794.png

I also have a Saint Laurent packpack in camouflage that I wear for fun on weekends from time to time:

1610729680604.png

Bill H

Reaction score
Who is wearing back packs? outside of t-shirts, I can't think of one look I would put together where this would suit... can you men imagine me with the calf hair biker jacket and one of these?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can't imagine using a back pack myself. I'd look like a teenager.

I just had a look at the Saint Laurent bags as I want to buy a duffle. It seems they've kept a lot of inspiration from Hedi's bags, but added extra touches and ruined them.

Bryan55

Reaction score
I myself use the SLP city sailor duffel in black leather for my gym gear. I also like to use it daily but aside from that I have a selection of duffel bags from Herschel and Fred Perry. I am in the market for a canvas tote but so far haven’t seen on that I really like yet. I may go for the Jil Sander small canvas bag but it doesn’t seem to be in stores so I can see the sizing for myself.

Bill H

Reaction score
Yeah I can't imagine using a back pack myself. I'd look like a teenager.

I just had a look at the Saint Laurent bags as I want to buy a duffle. It seems they've kept a lot of inspiration from Hedi's bags, but added extra touches and ruined them.
I imagine you wrote this as "It seems they've kept a lot of inspiration from Hedi's bags, but added extra touches... and ruined them." As in, of course they did.

Like they took the santiag boot, made a few extra touches to make the Lukas... and ruined them.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean they're not bad bags. The Duffles for example are very similar as they look like they use the same base pattern. They've just done things to them that mean they're just not Hedi anymore.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is wearing back packs? outside of t-shirts, I can't think of one look I would put together where this would suit... can you men imagine me with the calf hair biker jacket and one of these?

Good question. I honestly do (did), but I'm an American, so a little less formal, and I travelled over 100K miles a year, so was known as always in the air. I have a clasp LV epi leather briefcase for the in-person meetings, but it's not my go-to when in the air. I used to use it even when traveling to the airport.

That said, you're inspiring to break out the briefcase/messenger bag again! Does Celine have much of a presence in the bag arena? I've only really seen for women, which looks good-ish, kind of like LV-lite at a glance.

Lit Harington

Reaction score
Like they took the santiag boot, made a few extra touches to make the Lukas... and ruined them.
so pleased you agree that the Lukas is not good, i thought it was just me!
They seem to be by far the most popular Vaccarello-designed boot but i really think they are nowhere near as good as the santiags, proportions are way off imo

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I'm touched by your concern ;)

I have absolutely no idea what happened. I'd just finished dropping a (relatively) tame post in the Oversized thread, clicked to return to the main SW&D forum, and instead was met with a message telling me I'd been banned due to "spam."

Emailed @LA Guy explaining that I could no doubt be accused of all kinds of antisocial behavior, but that spam isn't one of them. Not received a reply, but my message was evidently noted as here I am again. Very strange.

Anyway, glad my posts didn't disappear for good. Should be there again now if you want to reply @CentrallyLocate Although tbh @thorns did a pretty good job of summarizing.

I noticed your posts and account were gone so I honestly figured you said some highly controversial stuff in another thread and got banned. I would not be surprised if you did. : )

He seems to have deleted his posts, which was a shame because I never got to read his reply to me!

Jacno creasing is interesting. The first couple of wears take the shoes from perfectly smooth to looking six months old, and then they just...kind of stay there, while Wyatts age more gracefully but probably end up looking worse after a long period of solid use.

The Jacno 60mm is still by far the most comfortable boot I’ve ever owned, I wore it for almost a year 4-5x per week after getting a rubber outer sole/topy added by a cobbler, in London winter and summer, rain, sleet, maybe even a little snow idk. I had the heel rebuilt once because the leather smushed into the rubber layer. Otherwise, they’ve held up perfectly with decent shoe trees, which for a few hundred miles of walking in all weather conditions is pretty amazing.

Now I’m dreading the heel cracking on my Berlin boots, which unfortunately seem to be somewhat less reliable.

The Jacno in that picture absolutely doesn't age gracefully. However, I really like the boot in itself, so I wonder if they're all like that. Suede boots like the Wyatt on the other hand look way better with wear compared to brand new in my opinion.

so pleased you agree that the Lukas is not good, i thought it was just me!
They seem to be by far the most popular Vaccarello-designed boot but i really think they are nowhere near as good as the santiags, proportions are way off imo

I honestly never looked into the differences between the two.

I think I might even like the more angular toe of the Lukas slightly more. They're both noth for me though.

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Theo was one of the worst slp boots I've seen, clearly belonging to that period after Hedi left and before Vacc started caring about menswear. I remember watching one of those music awards shows a few years ago, and I remember seeing these two rappers on stage rapping and they were both wearing them, it was so cringe. They were both doing those poses that rappers do when they perform, when they kind of bend their knees and bend at the waist a bit and gesticulate with the hand not holding the microphone and it looked awful with those boots.

Edit: not sure if mentioned, but the website has some new stuff, none of it will interest people in this thread though. Actually, maybe the Rangers...

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I think the Theo was one of the worst slp boots I've seen, clearly belonging to that period after Hedi left and before Vacc started caring about menswear. I remember watching one of those music awards shows a few years ago, and I remember seeing these two rappers on stage rapping and they were both wearing them, it was so cringe. They were both doing those poses that rappers do when they perform, when they kind of bend their knees and bend at the waist a bit and gesticulate with the hand not holding the microphone and it looked awful with those boots.

Edit: not sure if mentioned, but the website has some new stuff, none of it will interest people in this thread though. Actually, maybe the Rangers...

Either this is the first time I've even seen them, or they were so ****** I removed all knowledge of them from my brain. What I do remember is that I've seen multiple ****** boots released at SL, both with and without Hedi. There were a few pages discussing the worst boots either here on SF or the KTT thread maybe.

Lit Harington

Reaction score
Either this is the first time I've even seen them, or they were so ****** I removed all knowledge of them from my brain. What I do remember is that I've seen multiple ****** boots released at SL, both with and without Hedi. There were a few pages discussing the worst boots either here on SF or the KTT thread maybe.
that whole KTT thread was so good, i get nostalgic thinking about it

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1610766483765.png

1610767150554.png

1610766498347.png

1610767315472.png

For those who prefer crossbody, I feel like it is equally a nice look.
1610766609653.png

Duffle goodness
1610766669972.png

1610766680046.png

1610767385242.png

1610766747165.png

1610767425230.png

Tote bags are a nice option too
1610767210339.png

1610766967682.png

1610767065570.png

1610767441783.png

1610767451349.png

1610769147672.png

1610767546530.png

1610769027568.png

Briefcases
1610768885594.png

1610768892965.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use the Rider backpack from Dior but it's a plain black canvass mercifully sans monogram:
So interesting how Dior's trying to label a rather conventional backpack as a "Rider" backpack.

That said, you're inspiring to break out the briefcase/messenger bag again! Does Celine have much of a presence in the bag arena? I've only really seen for women, which looks good-ish, kind of like LV-lite at a glance.
The Triomphe canvas is being treated as unisex. Vertical Cabas feels like the most common bag men are buying, based on social media. Again, I think there hasn't been much interest in Celine outside East Asia, on social media. I am curious what items are their actual best sellers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads