• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will also add playing cards, dice, dominos, drinks, and smokes.
1607195456777.png

1607195521350.png

1607196601879.png
1607196609578.png

1607196616669.png

1607195720496.png

1607196431780.png
1607196451362.png

Interesting ashtray and its own pouch.

I feel like the Celine boy/girl that smokes is still a bit more "intellectual".
1607195836875.png

1607195865887.png

The Saint Laurent boy/girl that smokes is more of a party animal.
1607195992435.png

1607196004913.png

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score
I will also add playing cards, dice, dominos, drinks, and smokes.

View attachment 1510763

Interesting ashtray and its own pouch.

I feel like the Celine boy/girl that smokes is still a bit more "intellectual".

To me personally, this is all very aspirational, but does help build an image of Celine, distinct from SL and their more youth driven "rive droite" accessories including items such as branded condoms (yuck yuck yuck). I really love this match case but could never justify purchasing it, but it's the kinda thing I'd love to flip out of my pocket, offering a light to someone in a dimly lit speakeasy type place with mahogany all over the place. On a more realistic note I've always liked the ST Dupont "ligne 2" lighters with the signature 'cling' they make, and feel they'd pair perfectly with Celine (I've arrived at that decision after first thinking to myself "yeah, I'll be cool with a zippo" before I dug deeper into the world of lighters -- now an SL branded zippo is something I'd imagine in the rive droite collection at SL.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do think there are more similarities than differences between the Celine party boy/girl and Saint Laurent party boy/girl. I think it might just be a social class difference. They both drink, smoke, and party. The Celine couple likes gambling for sure. They just might be dressed in more posh clothing, but deep down inside they're just the same.

XWPn.gif

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thorns are there any pictures of this one being worn knocking around? Cheers

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that jacket, but remember seeing it with the louche look we've discussed and rather wide (to my eyes, droopy) shoulders. I have tried a couple Celine leathers and it didn't work out for me, but a lot of the other pieces are growing on me. I like the idea of a cooler Hermes, as I love Hermes's level of control, quality, and equestrian nature (absolutely adore their gloves and my wife's bags!), but I cannot wear any of their RTW.

Randeep

Reaction score
On the facebook group somebody referenced a video (with respect to Lisa and her crazy fans), that I endured watching - though it was worth it as you get to see hear a little tête-à-tête between Lisa and Hedi, and he's wearing the ss20 loose blouson. Was interesting as don't really hear/see him 'animated' nowadays.

(I love how he responds to her question "-- I'll see you at dinner ?", with "yes, with great pleasure").

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is that jacket, but it is kind of far to see for sure.
1607204291508.png

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers yeah can't see well. I thought it was this one (nice) but this doesn't have elastic:

It's funny every time I see Hedi or Peter in Celine jackets they look great, but everything I've tried just hasn't worked. I probably ordered too big of a size.

youwhat

Reaction score
that 10 blaster one is the saint laurent one.
beckham and a few others had it.
looks ok in that pic but dont think it does in many other pictures.
sleeves look really tapered and i dont like the leather.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
On the facebook group somebody referenced a video (with respect to Lisa and her crazy fans), that I endured watching - though it was worth it as you get to see hear a little tête-à-tête between Lisa and Hedi, and he's wearing the ss20 loose blouson. Was interesting as don't really hear/see him 'animated' nowadays.

(I love how he responds to her question "-- I'll see you at dinner ?", with "yes, with great pleasure").

The worst part about Lisa's partnership with Celine and Rosé's partnership with YSL is definitely all the Blackpink fans that come with it. : )

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers Youwhat. The Celine one looks good I'm going for it. Going to order 48 as so far the loose blouson and the classic biker, as well as some others I've tried, have all been too big in 50.

youwhat

Reaction score
that guy wore it a lot.
pretty cool if got given it but actually likes it (rather than wearing it once for whatever show / premiere).

more pics here (might have to sift through though).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads