• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My eyes have gotten so used to seeing the overcoat + Triomphe bag pairing that it doesn't immediately lean feminine

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Saint Laurent basketball sneakers feel like they're cut slim and are designed to be worn under skinny jeans:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Practically every girl I see is wearing all white air force 1 lows with everything from casual wear, gym leggings, all the way to dresses. I like the style but they're as ubiquitous as vans old skools, Stan Smith's, superstars, and the mcqueen sneakers have all been.

I considered the low top break, but decided against it as it doesn't suit with much that I have.

Dancing kid is probably the collection that's least mixable with other seasons and past Saint Laurent to me. There's the odd thing I've thought about but all the proportions are a bit off if you just throw it in with more classic fitting collections. The raw hem skinny and slim jeans are easy I suppose, as are the vans type sneakers (these are actually pretty appealing to me, the proportion with the thin sole and more elegant toe shape just works nicely, looking forward to seeing them if they go into production). Most of it just seems very specific to the collection

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
When my state was in lockdown, I hadn't had a haircut for over nine months. I was trying to grow it out intentionally and out of necessity (barbers were closed). I realized that I looked horrible, but this may have been due to being at an awkward phase. I finally just gave in and went and got a haircut.

I don't have an undercut anymore, although I still have a longer length on top and a taper on the sides and back. Pretty close to an undercut, actually, but it looks better slicked back in my view.

It's all subjective, like RedVelvet said, but for me I don't think it works well for a lot of guys. I also think that 95% of men look terrible with beards.

Yeah, I do agree that it's hard to look at ease when you're posing in front of a camera, but I feel like some of these Italian dudes you're posting look amazing, and just put out an aura that doesn't make it look like someone dressing up. They just don't give a ****. I feel like a lot of the asians (not all) in your posts look really uncomfortable in the clothes, like they feel obligated to wear them. Kinda like those people who dress their children up in those sailor's outfits.

I feel I have a photo of you biting my face from either the boom boom room or Arlenes grocery

Laissez-faire

Reaction score
Seems like the basketball sneaker is the popular sneaker at the moment. Reminds me of what happened to the Stan Smiths back in the 2010s. Have you guys considered hopping on the trend to get a pair of basketball sneakers?

I certainly won't. Don't like the thick padding.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Seems like the basketball sneaker is the popular sneaker at the moment. Reminds me of what happened to the Stan Smiths back in the 2010s. Have you guys considered hopping on the trend to get a pair of basketball sneakers?

I like the Z trainers

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
My eyes have gotten so used to seeing the overcoat + Triomphe bag pairing that it doesn't immediately lean feminine

I agree, just wish it came with silver colored hardware.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dancing kid is probably the collection that's least mixable with other seasons and past Saint Laurent to me. There's the odd thing I've thought about but all the proportions are a bit off if you just throw it in with more classic fitting collections. The raw hem skinny and slim jeans are easy I suppose, as are the vans type sneakers (these are actually pretty appealing to me, the proportion with the thin sole and more elegant toe shape just works nicely, looking forward to seeing them if they go into production). Most of it just seems very specific to the collection
I feel like it is a sign of the times. I feel like the relaxed/oversized proportions might become the new trendy silhouette as a reaction against the skinny silhouette. Similarly to how the previous generation will complain about the next generation's music, I feel old now because I feel internal resistance towards embracing ss21's silhouette. Part of me wants to jump on board to not feel old, and I've been racking my brain to see how I can edge it up a bit to be more appealing to me. I am curious if this would be so extreme as the previous shift from looser silhouette to skinny silhouette. I wonder if this era, where trends come and go at lightning speeds, will mean that there will be a mixture of silhouettes, styles, and genres in a modern person's wardrobe so skinny never truly gets phased out completely.

Trixz

Reaction score
I feel like it is a sign of the times. I feel like the relaxed/oversized proportions might become the new trendy silhouette as a reaction against the skinny silhouette. Similarly to how the previous generation will complain about the next generation's music, I feel old now because I feel internal resistance towards embracing ss21's silhouette. Part of me wants to jump on board to not feel old, and I've been racking my brain to see how I can edge it up a bit to be more appealing to me. I am curious if this would be so extreme as the previous shift from looser silhouette to skinny silhouette. I wonder if this era, where trends come and go at lightning speeds, will mean that there will be a mixture of silhouettes, styles, and genres in a modern person's wardrobe so skinny never truly gets phased out completely.

The oversized/relaxed silhouette is for sure the new trend. It’s seems like it’s been moving this direction for a few seasons now. Then add in the pandemic where people are dressing to feel good rather then look good may have accelerated the trend.

Men’s fashion seems to change very slowly for the majority of men and going too far outside of the box feels isolating to me. My belief is that skinny jeans for men is here to stay because it’s now been accepted within reason. I don’t mind pushing the boundaries a little to be different but I also am not one to be the unicorn in the room. It connects to the being in harmony with your environment mentality.

What you brought up in the above about age or ability to embrace youth culture is interesting. At what point do the trends you fallow or choose to wear become no longer relevant to you or society? I myself have thought lately about letting go to move more towards essentials or timeless pieces because the current trends no longer encapsulates my identity. Am I frozen in fashion time with the nostalgia of silhouettes I’ve been accustomed with? Am I too old to have a connection to youthful fashion?

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1607101686274.png
1607101714132.png

I think the cardigan could be interchangeable. I think the ss16 jeans could replace the ss21 swim trunks. I've always liked the idea of wearing lace up boots in the summer. It feels rebellious when everyone is wearing sneakers. The necklaces are the accessories are just what is popular at the moment.

1607102330697.png
1607102374685.png

These two looks have similar ideas with wearing a vest of 2 layers. I haven't seen Hedi do short sleeve over long sleeve before on runway, so that's new. I would be surprised to see the ss16's top half merged with ss21's bottom half. Or even just switching vests. I feel like sneakers could be switched as well.

1607102687273.png
1607102721741.png

Both looks seem to have the same template with small changes here and there. I do think the setting affects how the look is perceived. Ss16 is in a more darker atmosphere while ss21 is shot with bright outdoor lighting.

This is difficult for me to analyze since I'm not a big fan of either seasons when presented on the runway. The colourful nature of the looks feel nauseating to me. I understand that not everybody likes black, so I don't fault Hedi for having so much colour. I do like the ideas and silhouettes presented, I just don't see myself wearing any of the pieces styled like runway.

For ss16, I do like the idea of pairing flannels over t-shirts with blazer and sneakers. Reminds me of River Pheonix's look.
1607103199658.png

1607103231346.png

1607103292612.png

1607103304805.png

For ss21, I really like the pairing of lace up boots with shorts. It just makes sense to be wearing shorts when it gets super hot.
1607103491105.png

1607103523068.png

1607103588410.png

1607103650481.png

1607103660070.png

I also like the idea of the pyjama pants, but I would have to have them in black or in washed denim. But I can only really seeing me embrace it when society shuns skinny or slim jeans. This is more of a wanting to be trendy than stylish type of situation for me. In an alternate life where I decided to be in a gang/drug dealer, I can see how wider pants would project a more masculine tougher image.
1607103750471.png

1607103956092.png

1607103969726.png

1607104023870.png

1607103981470.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also can't help but have a soft spot for the necklaces in ss21 since it reminds me of what a Final Fantasy character would wear, and it has been one of my goals to recreate this character's look with Hedi-approved items, so at least it can feel more "legitimate" and less of a cosplay.
1607104599749.png
1607104619586.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another soft spot of mine is to harmonize with the girl that I'm with. So if she's into wearing this genre, I would wear it just to match with her.

1607105303716.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I myself have thought lately about letting go to move more towards essentials or timeless pieces because the current trends no longer encapsulates my identity. Am I frozen in fashion time with the nostalgia of silhouettes I’ve been accustomed with? Am I too old to have a connection to youthful fashion?
I'm impressed with Brad Pitt fitting in with 2020 without sticking out like a sore thumb.
1607105806472.png

1607105831051.png

1607105867980.png

1607105857383.png

I think that there is a significant lack of innovation in styles and society has been recycling the same kind of things for the past 50-60 years.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The above looks so terrible it's almost interesting to me if that makes sense. It's so antithetical to how I dress, which is firmly rooted in the Celine/SLP/Dior essentials that I can live somewhat vicariously through those more voluminous, un-tailored clothes.

I see the above as more of a one-off, zeitgeist, momentary thing, although I am somewhat intrigued by how often, if at all, the so-called tailored and classics shift. I'd venture that it's only by very modest, or glacially-paced iterations, except when there is some sort of watershed, as we saw around 2000.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, I like the idea of minimalism. I want pieces that can serve multiple roles, so this often limits the different genres my wardrobe can support. It wouldn't feel like the best bang for the buck to have a style that is hyper specific and pieces that don't mesh as well with the other genres in my wardrobe. As much fun as I have with trying to overly intellectualize everything, I do think at the end of the day trusting our gut instincts is equally important. If you like the look, then you like the look. If you dislike the look, then you dislike the look. Nothing more, nothing less.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads