• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, what cuts are you guys rocking? My mop is passed my shoulders currently. (No undercuts please)
When my state was in lockdown, I hadn't had a haircut for over nine months. I was trying to grow it out intentionally and out of necessity (barbers were closed). I realized that I looked horrible, but this may have been due to being at an awkward phase. I finally just gave in and went and got a haircut.

I don't have an undercut anymore, although I still have a longer length on top and a taper on the sides and back. Pretty close to an undercut, actually, but it looks better slicked back in my view.

It's all subjective, like RedVelvet said, but for me I don't think it works well for a lot of guys. I also think that 95% of men look terrible with beards.
Yeah, clothes and accessories are interesting but the really most important thing is the "energy" of the individual. If I had to rank the elements that make up a cool look it would be like this.
  1. Energy of the individual
  2. Proportions of the individual
  3. Actual pieces
Energy is something that is elusive. I'm not sure how I would describe it. The effortlessly cool vibe. I think only candid shots can do that nowadays, unless it is obvious that it is a photoshoot. Posing for the camera on social media just has this corny element to it, but I might be outdated. Perhaps with social media being the norm, it is no longer considered contrived to take a selfie to show the world your outfit of the day. However, I will be the first to show gratitude that people are showing styling on social media as it gives me more ideas. I understand why they look awkward, but I'm also very appreciative of them.
Yeah, I do agree that it's hard to look at ease when you're posing in front of a camera, but I feel like some of these Italian dudes you're posting look amazing, and just put out an aura that doesn't make it look like someone dressing up. They just don't give a ****. I feel like a lot of the asians (not all) in your posts look really uncomfortable in the clothes, like they feel obligated to wear them. Kinda like those people who dress their children up in those sailor's outfits.

Laissez-faire

Reaction score
Randeep is right. They don't compare.
Celine skinny jeans are more like 2016 D02s with those vintage seams. At least the washed versions.
Most people will need to size down by one size compared to SLP. Look at the size guide on their webpage.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raw black and indigo size 29 AW13 Jeans were a 15.5 cm hem when new. Mine shrunk to be smaller.

The Celine ones I have are skinnier than any Saint Laurent jeans after AW13 but not as skinny as AW13. They're closer to the AW15 mid waist raw but a bit skinnier. I'd say sizes are one tag size up - if you wear 30 AW13 then you want 29 in the Celine.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, what cuts are you guys rocking? My mop is passed my shoulders currently. (No undercuts please)

For the past few months it's been pretty long on top with a short back and sides. Currently I can't see my usual hairdresser, so I'm letting it grow out some more to see what I can do with it once things open up again.

Mine's pretty curly though, so I prefer letting it grow out to a medium length and keeping it tousled. The French ancestry lets me rock that 'five days without a wash bedhead' look really well.

cloonz

Reaction score
I find the Celine denim very similar cut to 2015-2016 d02s. Vanity sized with the same "skinny straight" fit that doesn't taper too much from knee to hem. I prefer this look to the super tiny leg openings that look a lot more feminine. Most likely same fit as current SLP but I hate the v detail on the pockets.

Trixz

Reaction score
Just a heads up that Mr. Porter is slowly adding more items from Dancing Kid and restocking sold out items.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came across this picture of Bob Dylan playing chess, and I can't help but feel that the Celine boy is more likely to play chess than the Saint Laurent boy:
1607070589976.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is easy for me to imagine the Celine boy to be inclined to more intellectual artistic pursuits.
1607074103131.png

1607074111147.png

I feel like the Saint Laurent boy is more into rock music and partying.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Im surprised they didn't
The only person here I could see rocking the Celine logo is Randeep. He could do it in a completely natural way, but it doesn't seem to fit any other poster except maybe Thorns because I have not seen his fits. Otherwise, I can't imagine wearing a logo without covering it up and maybe letting it pop once and a while.

For instance, I have a soft spot for Kim Jones's sneakers however even this modicum of branding gives me pause:

View attachment 1509428

These are almost as embarrassing as the Air Dior shoes

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it was a smart move on Lisa for placing a charm on the chain. It makes the bag feel more youthful.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are almost as embarrassing as the Air Dior shoes
Seems like the basketball sneaker is the popular sneaker at the moment. Reminds me of what happened to the Stan Smiths back in the 2010s. Have you guys considered hopping on the trend to get a pair of basketball sneakers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads