• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to mock Anthony for whoring out the Saint Laurent logo by plastering it everywhere:

But now that Hedi has done the same with the Celine logo, it is a little awkward for me. Do I go with the sign of the times and think it is fine, or do I stand firm on my convictions of no overt branding. If I have to be fair, Hedi does it better than Anthony. It just looks better when Hedi does it.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I'd assumed the drugstore was more like the Hedi 30 last but it's much closer to the Blake 30 last with a lower heel. Very nice. I'm tempted to order the Derby, and maybe even the Chelsea. The Derby seems expensive though.

The drugstore Chelsea are my go to boots, the sole is solid, you can wear them with anything and the heel is low.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those blanks with the black stripe for women. Not so amazing for men.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I used to mock Anthony for whoring out the Saint Laurent logo by plastering it everywhere:

But now that Hedi has done the same with the Celine logo, it is a little awkward for me. Do I go with the sign of the times and think it is fine, or do I stand firm on my convictions of no overt branding. If I have to be fair, Hedi does it better than Anthony. It just looks better when Hedi does it.

I don't really have any branded Celine items. I got the dancing kid go Home shirt from Mr. Porter which I'm sure everybody will realize is Celine, but I miss Hedi's T-shirts with the quotes and geometric designs. I was looking forward to the Are You Fu*king Kidding Me T-shirt, in collaboration with Amy Sillman but they produced it as a hoodie and it was sold out.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only person here I could see rocking the Celine logo is Randeep. He could do it in a completely natural way, but it doesn't seem to fit any other poster except maybe Thorns because I have not seen his fits. Otherwise, I can't imagine wearing a logo without covering it up and maybe letting it pop once and a while.

For instance, I have a soft spot for Kim Jones's sneakers however even this modicum of branding gives me pause:

1607006622107.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In general, I think a lot of footwear options work for a lot of different looks. In our world that is more and more casual, I feel like there isn't a lot of strict rules anymore. It really is about buying the shoes/boots that appeal to you and they shouldn't be too hard to style. For all the looks with loafers I shared on the previous page, I feel like you could replace the loafers with shoes/boots. I can see single monk Jacnos, lace up shoes, low heel boots, high heel boots, and sneakers would all work. The only situation where you might want to be more specific in pairing is for historical accuracy if you're looking to cosplay. Wanting to dress like Serge Gainsbourg with sneakers probably wouldn't make as much sense as white Jacnos from ss20.

Much like how each season can be a standalone collection for the entire year, I feel like many footwear options can be worn from casual to formal looks.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saint Laurent x Celine:

The look is entirely incongruent...but I think that's what makes it modern. Varsity jacket with "soft" font text + Biker jeans + pointy sleek dress boots. It is still all black which helps with meshing everything together.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People talk about Hedi not dressing for "women". I think his Celine silhouette helps flatter fuller figures than his Saint Laurent silhouettes.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Give her a blazer and she can be a sexy school girl with those loafers.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The alphabet necklaces look so cute on girls

I'm unsure how I feel about them on guys:
1607012229499.png

His Saint Laurent alphabet necklaces looked like this:
1607012266197.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads