• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Trixz

Reaction score
Thought I’d share a couple pics of my recent pick up from Celine via Mr. Porter with the checked cotton-flannel shirt MIJ and my mid lace triomphe’s.

The checked cotton-flannel is thick, warm and the checked pattern is immaculate! Additionally, it is oversized, which goes against the majority of opinions here and the norm for Hedi but I love it. Specifically for layering. In MN it’s cold and this adds a layer of cozy-ness that allows me to wear a hoody underneath. Lastly, I’ll apologize upfront for the location of my pictures ;) it had decent lighting and allowed some depth to show the outfit.

DE3FBDD4-7E53-417B-80D1-5FA52D334472.jpeg
8842D5C3-9B47-475C-95C3-B51343E3B5F8.jpeg
F580EE0E-60C0-4F9A-A5E0-08F7279422FD.jpeg

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can imagine once the white sneakers get some wear on them and looks less pristine it will imbue some more edge to the outfit.
1606806332125.png

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love that flannel; looks great!

Am I the only one who tucks in my flannels? That probably represents my fastidiousness or OCD. ;)

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Love that flannel; looks great!

Am I the only one who tucks in my flannels? That probably represents my fastidiousness or OCD. ;)

The rule I've always heard is if it has a straight hem, don't tuck. If it's a rounded hem, tuck. Of course at this point in time it's really up to personal preference and setting but you're not wrong.

Since a flannel gives me a casual vibe I always leave it untucked.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends if you want to rock that fw13 styling:
1606838779865.png

1606838802539.png

1606838861695.png

1606838881343.png

1606838893674.png

1606838940054.png

2010s indie look
1606838998161.png

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually tuck the aforementioned grey or red SLP flannel into black jeans. It's the pinancle of my F/W casual look. First, the flannel is gorgeous, second it's supremely soft, and I love the little details such as the beautiful buttons and feels nostalgic but still new and fresh to me. That's why I'm intrigued with Hedi's new iterations with blue and yellow, although oversized gives me pause.

Randeep

Reaction score
Really warming to those monkstraps.

Can anyone clarify the differences between the two on the web store? Both are described as “CELINE JACNO BUCKLE SHOE IN SHINY CALFSKIN”:

vs

Any views on this? I'll go to the store tomorrow and they have both in stock theoretically so can check, but with all the talk of the monkstraps maybe someone here knows the difference? I don't trust the web store pictures (i.e. just taking a stock observation that one is shiner than the other). Is there differences physically such as revised welt/thickness, is it different type of leather, is one from one season vs anaother?

Asking from the point of view that, maybe I could see myself wearing them, but I'd like to go for the more 'casual' of the two.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's amazing. Besides the difference in images (as you stated, one being slightly shinier and maybe a different color or highlighted ever so slightly stitch), I do not see any variation besides the reference number and of course how it's laid out on web store. Maybe different seasons but where's Kieran when you need him. He can be a real sleuth when deconstructing these reference codes.

Randeep

Reaction score
Alright, will see how they look tomorrow.

I'd hazard a guess that these are the earlier season:

celine.com/en-gb/<snip>/celine-jacno-buckle-shoe-in-shiny-calfskin-328483174C.38NO.html

vs

celine.com/en-gb/<snip>/celine-jacno-buckle-shoe--in--shiny-calfskin-328483002C.38NO.html

Can imagine someone having to input this into their stock/web portal system and it complaining that "'celine-jacno-buckle-shoe-in-shiny-calfskin' is already taken, please choose another name!" which is how you'd end up with arbitrarily assigned double dashes in the second URL.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I bought the second one. It was new on the website when I bought it with a full size run, whereas the other one had fewer sizes. It's classic black smooth calf and very nice leather.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1606842831458.png

328483002C.38NO
This one seems to be from ss19. If I had to hazard a guess, this would fit slimmer than the other version. It also looks like they used an actual product for the shot.

1606842967379.png

328483174C.38NO
This one seems to be from ss20. I know the ss20 Jacno 30 had a change in the heel, possibly instep, and the sole protruded less. I'm unsure if the changes made to the Jacno 60 were also done to the Jacno 30 single monk straps. This looks like a computer generated image. It looks a bit too "perfect" looking.

Trixz

Reaction score
I usually tuck the aforementioned grey or red SLP flannel into black jeans. It's the pinancle of my F/W casual look. First, the flannel is gorgeous, second it's supremely soft, and I love the little details such as the beautiful buttons and feels nostalgic but still new and fresh to me. That's why I'm intrigued with Hedi's new iterations with blue and yellow, although oversized gives me pause.
It is cool to tuck it in!

Mr. Ben Cobb
View attachment 1508233

Generally speaking I tuck my shirts based on length, silhouette and fabric thickness. Thinner material are easier and to me feel like they should be tucked, like a silk or viscose. Additionally, I’d be more inclined to tuck a slimmer silhouette. As for the checked flannel-Cotton, the thickness is substantial and I’d say closer to a coat. Also, the oversized-ness of it would look odd with how billowing it would be IMO.

Lit Harington

Reaction score
was browsing for twee homeware gifts for my gf and came across this: https://www.padlifestyle.com/collec...modern-grand-tour-feather-floor-lamp-old-gold
thought "hmm that looks familiar".
a-modern-grand-tour-feather-floor-lamp-dusk_2048x2048.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 00.11.49.png

I'm sure the Celine site featured a colour image (and a pair of ceramic leopards??) of it as it's homepage for a while but I can't find it anywhere now, only that b&w image from the campaign video. Anyway, yours for the bargain price of £4,200 if anyone fancies it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads