• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Malour

Reaction score
I definitely like it more. But I feel like it's a lot harder to wear being double breasted and longer in length. The AW15 one is much safer in that regard, but if someone gets it right with this one then it will look incredible.
I feel like a double is easier to wear when it is longer (and open!). It is like the double breasted blazers Hedi put out in SS20, when open and long it looks kind of relaxed. And I just love this coat that is available on the website. (it is just the 70's look I want)
1606510870979.png

I honestly feel like I want a double breasted jacket more than a single breasted jacket because it looks more relaxed in the recent Celine shows. Maybe it is the more wrinkles that makes it look less stiff and formel.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is no hard and fast rule regarding single and double breasted coats. Depending on the cut of both, it will have a different feeling.

Robbie wearing an unreleased prototype single breasted trench:
1606525314221.png

It isn't cut super fitted, so it still has a voluminous and relaxed feeling to it.

Same feeling here. Single breasted but still relaxed and louche.

Now this single breasted coat on the other hand is a lot more fitted and gives off a cleaner sharper look
1606525600470.png

Likewise, this double breasted coat, is cut slimmer and feels cleaner and sharper than the Celine ones:
1606525699429.png

In the more relaxed double breasted coats, you will want to put your hand in your pockets to "slim" it down a bit.
1606525857508.png

I feel like single breasted coats feel a little more minimalistic while double breasted coats feel a bit more dramatic. I'm a fan of both. Height I think plays a factor though. Might be easier to be swallowed up by a double breasted coat if you're shorter.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Tambour bag is versatile and so instantly recognizable.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great execution of ss21
1606530067730.png

I feel like he is really nailing the ss21 vibe.

The guy into this type of look would be dating these types of girls

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fw13 silhouette with Jacnos

1606530720741.png
1606530704429.png

You can totally wear Jacno 60s with a fw13 styling. It transforms the fw13 look to become a bit more goth and vampiric. The Jacnos are sexier than the Wyatts. The Jacnos are without a doubt my favourite pointy style Hedi has ever created. It strikes a nice balance of being pointy but not overly exaggerated.

Randeep

Reaction score
soft_boi.png

This is the guy into this type of look would be dating these types of girls

gen_z.png

Fantastic, I'm really missing out.

fw13 silhouette with Jacnos

View attachment 1506106 View attachment 1506105

You can totally wear Jacno 60s with a fw13 styling. It transforms the fw13 look to become a bit more goth and vampiric. The Jacnos are sexier than the Wyatts. The Jacnos are without a doubt my favourite pointy style Hedi has ever created. It strikes a nice balance of being pointy but not overly exaggerated.

Are those Jacnos 60mm? That combined with the pointier toe makes them too effete for me (I think), as much as I want to get into them. I'm still wondering from time to time about the camargue biker boots you posted about recently, really like the look whenever I saw them on IG and probably easier for me to pull off (even with them being 55m it doesn't look like it, and the camargue style is a little less soft for me).

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Camargues would be in the middle between Wyatts and Jacnos. It isn't as sleek as the Jacnos, because of the added welt and thicker sole. It is more sophisticated than the Wyatts because of the pointier shape. It still can lean a little vampy without being as extreme as the Jacnos.

1606532223859.png

1606532288718.png
1606532235386.png

1606532266762.png

The Biker version does have at least a 2 inch heel, so it can be flamboyant.

The Harness version has a similar 40 mm heel as Wyatts, and I would probably feel more comfortable in those. A bit disappointing that I would lose out on the dangling chain of the 50 mm model.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about how I feel about skate sneakers. Comparing the Saint Laurent version's silhouette with the Celine version's silhouette.

vs

1606539376391.png
1606539995784.png

The heel portion of the Saint Laurent skate sneakers are slightly elevated compared to the Celine version. This gives the effect of the sole tapering from back to front of the Saint Laurent pair. The Celine pair feels a lot more uniform, and overall thinner profile because of a thinner sole. The black stripe around edge of the sole of the Celine pair further visually slims down the thickness of the sole. There might still be a slight elevation of the heel portion of the Celine pair but it is masked by the black line. I can't help but feel that the Celine version is more visually pleasing. It makes the Saint Laurent pair look childish by comparison. I definitely can't imagine them being rocked with anything besides cropped pants.

Perhaps the Celine pair is less Vans-inspired but more vintage "Plimsoll" sports sneakers. It wouldn't be accurate to consider the Celine Elliots a "skate" sneaker. But people can skate in the Elliots as well.
1606541028284.png

1606542302364.png

1606542328226.png

The ss20 Blank sneakers also might be influenced by vintage preppy sneakers. Hedi might have been inspired by Tretorn sneaker brand.
1606541841061.png

1606541435342.png

With this context, I can understand why Hedi paired that ss19 dressed up look with those sneakers. Those sneakers are supposed to be preppy.

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score
Asked that same guy about pricing.

Yours for a cool ¥11,900,000 (converts to ~£86k / ~$115,000)

Would love to see some videos of it in action "out in the wild".
D6316661-E5AA-4C4E-B0AD-93225A60103F.JPG

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fine merino sweater arrived. Unfortunately it's too short, only reaches my belt line and rides up showing skin as soon as I move. My experience is that they shrink a bit in length with dry cleaning or washing as well so it's going to have to be returned. Shame because it's perfect every where else. Not as slim as AW13 one but nice enough in fit elsewhere. AW13 ones were a good 3 inches longer.

I requested Saturday delivery for today on the German army trainers as well but they haven't even been shipped, must be busy as the sweater took over a week to arrive too.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1606575800967.png

Interesting, so these pieces are part of their couture category.

spongebob

Reaction score
Did a quick search in the thread and couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Just need some help regarding luco sizing.
If I am a size 10us in your regular shoes (runners etc.) would I be a sz 42 in Lucos?

cheers

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Some handbag/accessories they released do perplex me a bit like this one.

You get to put your phone and a couple of cards maybe. I can imagine girls who are wearing dresses with no pockets might find this useful. They're not carrying keys because they use a number pad lock for their home, and they're not driving. All they want to bring with them is their phone and some cards. They probably also use Apple Pay or its equivalents through their smartphone.

I love how you always create a backstory

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads