• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slim bootcut jeans with Jacno 60s:

This look and ss20, in general, gives me bittersweet feelings. This look/silhouette is reminiscent to Japanese rockstars, like Gackt, in the 2000s, and I used to idolize their look before I threw it all away and had a paradigm shift for Hedi's 2013 style.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like the Break model looks more feminine and better suited for girls...maybe:

It feels a bit softer and comfier than how the CT-01s or CT-02s look. But I may be biased since Margaux is wearing them and it looks great on her.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that they are expanding the 16 line and its signature clasp. It is the more minimalistic luxurious line:
1606331273882.png

1606331310480.png

However, one of my favourite ss19 designs is definitely the quilted C bag:
1606331444759.png

1606331611736.png

1606331495249.png

1606331522885.png

1606331637685.png

1606331536454.png

1606331544415.png

It feels like a younger fresher Chanel bag. Some posters online were mocking the C logo, but as a guy, to me it felt quite fresh. They went back to the drawing board and reworked the bag for fw20 and created the Chain bag 16. It feels bit more serious than the C bag.
1606331867993.png

The new version looks nice, but I still think I prefer the quilted C bag. The non quilted version is nice, young, and fresh too:
1606332503886.png

But I do have to say the one with the 16's clasp is a bit more classic looking and perhaps fits in better with the whole bourgeois narrative. It has the potential to being something iconic, if they continue to keep the 16 line, even after Hedi inevitably leaves. Seeing the 16 looking good being rocked with such casual clothes makes me imagine that the Chain bag 16 would work fine with casual clothes as well:
1606333914847.png

I guess if they want something more casual they can look into the Triomphe line, or Triomphe Canvas line for something even more playful. Perhaps the Triomphe and Triomphe Canvas lines made the C bags redundant.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1606337054250.png

This really hammers home how Hedi is blurring the line between men and women at Celine. Perhaps the idea of menswear and womenswear as separate rigid categories is dated.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally not a fan of the purse styled with fw20 men's looks:

I wonder why this design was chosen.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Celine girl goes out to sea on a yacht on her spare time to enjoy the water and the sun:

She has an appreciation of nature and being out.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Light brown/tan and black is a nice combination that looks comforting:

Not Celine, but I feel like he could be an Hedi boy:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm digging the light brown, suede and lighter color palette this season. That said, the paucity of items on the Celine store has to be putting a dent in sales. For instance, it's almost halfway into the F/W season here, and I have never seen the brushed cashmere white crewneck that I wanted in stock, so I picked up a similar piece (plus beige) from SLP. Maybe the East-Asian market is buying up all the inventory as evidenced by the above photos, haha! I don't even feel as though I'm eyeing particularly esoteric or one-off pieces.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm digging the light brown, suede and lighter color palette this season. That said, the paucity of items on the Celine store has to be putting a dent in sales. For instance, it's almost halfway into the F/W season here, and I have never seen the brushed cashmere white crewneck that I wanted in stock, so I picked up a similar piece (plus beige) from SLP. Maybe the East-Asian market is buying up all the inventory as evidenced by the above photos, haha! I don't even feel as though I'm eyeing particularly esoteric or one-off pieces.
There is virtually nothing on the us web store at the moment, which is perplexing--unless perhaps the pandemic put a serious dent on producing items?

Also, I am 100% on board with the love of brown.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stock is weird. I've seen some stuff where one day something is available in all sizes, the next none.

Ordered the German army inspired triomphe trainers. I emailed about my size never having been available and a few days later suddenly it appeared so I grabbed them quickly.

Bryan55

Reaction score
There is virtually nothing on the us web store at the moment, which is perplexing--unless perhaps the pandemic put a serious dent on producing items?

Also, I am 100% on board with the love of
Stock is weird. I've seen some stuff where one day something is available in all sizes, the next none.

Ordered the German army inspired triomphe trainers. I emailed about my size never having been available and a few days later suddenly it appeared so I grabbed them quickly.

I can’t figure out the stock either. Many things seem to be marked as not available. On the other hand, I’ll just change my location to one other the other Celine sites (say the UK) and then choose find in store on a size but geolocate myself and then I’ll actually find stock by me in the NYC boutiques. So I have no idea.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
I caved. I bought the Celine T shirt because they are selling out. Only small and xs left.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the white one with the Celine is a slightly exaggerated font.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the signature casual Celine looks is cuffed slim jeans with low top sneakers:

I can't imagine Hedi's Saint Laurent girl looking like this...which makes me wonder how would Saint Laurent look in 2020 if Hedi was still there. I can't help but feel that the direction Celine is going is merely Hedi following the movement of people slowly moving away from skinny fit jeans and exploring more voluminous fits. Would he be doing the same if he were still at Saint Laurent? I mean skinny fit jeans are still very much a thing even at Celine.

He did play with cuffed slim d01 jeans in ss13 too.
1606417111719.png

Perhaps his Saint Laurent in 2020 will share similar elements of his Celine but maybe less brown and more in keeping with blacks and whites? No horses in the grass or sailing on boats enjoying the sun in the sea?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads