• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw this picture of Brad Pitt and can't help but feel that he's adding elements of Gen Z style without looking laughably juvenile:
1606213242557.png

1606213379667.png

1606213949857.png

1606213586582.png

Despite being incredibly wealthy, I like how he dresses according to the occasion and how he harmonizes with his environment. He looks like everyone but just slightly better than everyone.

Last edited:

Lit Harington

Reaction score
but wouldnt you say he's just doing 90s (cobain-esque) style, which is what gen z style is basically all referring back to atm

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I do have to agree, which makes me wonder if the criticism of ss21 is all a big fuss over nothing. The pieces can be re-styled to be less on-the-nose Gen-Z E-boy. This leads me to wonder if maybe it is unfair to expect people to re-style pieces differently than what is presented on the runway. Perhaps that is expecting people to be doing too much work. I will be the first to say that I had to do a lot of work to recontextualize ss21 myself to even begin appreciating it. Perhaps it is unreasonable to expect people to do that.

Brad's outfit reminds me of this TikTok:
1606218580079.png

I feel like Brad's outfit is better, but I may be biased and I'm factoring in what he's doing in his outfit in my overall decision. Although I appreciate social media for allowing me to see more Hedi pieces being worn, I generally find it quite disgusting and shallow.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was never a big fan of the Animals motif used for ss19 jewelry. I found it way too designer-y and tacky compared to a simple smooth design used often at Saint Laurent. I felt like those Celine pieces lacked the more classical look of Saint Laurent minimalistic designs. But after delving into some TikToks, I can now see the brilliance in the Animals motif. It just makes the chain stick out, without being too gaudy, and look so recognizable in a sea of other people also wearing chunky chain necklaces.

1606220181594.png

1606220274530.png

1606220316496.png

1606220533899.png

When Noen got it from Hedi for ss21, it came with the padlock attached. I'm guessing he found the padlock too tacky and he took it out and reverted it back to the ss19 look. I do think I like it without the padlock, but that's probably my own bias against padlock necklaces in the first place. I can't help but get a costume-y feel. I guess the plus side is you get to wear the necklace 2 ways.

1606220786148.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Celine blurring the lines of masculinity and femininity:

The Folco bag looks great on him.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1606277089688.png

I can imagine the idea of a boyfriend girlfriend matching with Folco bags being kind of cute.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some handbag/accessories they released do perplex me a bit like this one.

You get to put your phone and a couple of cards maybe. I can imagine girls who are wearing dresses with no pockets might find this useful. They're not carrying keys because they use a number pad lock for their home, and they're not driving. All they want to bring with them is their phone and some cards. They probably also use Apple Pay or its equivalents through their smartphone.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This oversized hoodie seems to be made with a comfortable material. I wouldn't be opposed to having a girl in these hoodies cuddle up next to me.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The C logo is definitely less feminine than having Celine in cursive as the logo.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Berlins feel like the younger brother of the Santiags that were popular at Saint Laurent:

There was definitely more of an emphasis of a cowboy western narrative for ss15 pushed alongside the Santiags. The Berlins doesn't necessarily carry as much of that, despite being visually similar, and feels more modern and less cowboy costume. But to someone never exposed to either boot, I'm sure they give off the same impression.

zeogo

Reaction score
Anyone heard anything about private sale? Expecting it to start on Friday like last year.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some handbag/accessories they released do perplex me a bit like this one.

You get to put your phone and a couple of cards maybe. I can imagine girls who are wearing dresses with no pockets might find this useful. They're not carrying keys because they use a number pad lock for their home, and they're not driving. All they want to bring with them is their phone and some cards. They probably also use Apple Pay or its equivalents through their smartphone.

The thing about handbags is that they became popular with ladies originally because it was very convenient for carrying around items they might need every day. Then it was different styles, etc.

But now it's more of a status statement to have tiny purses, or simply a little clutch that only holds a few things. The implication is that they don't need to lug all that stuff around because they either don't need it (less makeup in the age of "the natural look") or they can buy whatever they do need with a card.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I see the Tambour bag, I really just envision it as a bag for casual outfits, but seeing it paired with something more dressy it looks just as good:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads