• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that everything just looks better when filtered through Hedi's eyes. I joke about how he pasteurizes these items to make it palatable for consumption.

Randeep

Reaction score
The music was cool and went well with the show but I winced at the lyrics / even more so after watching the crude music video linked earlier. It could just as well have been “WAP” by Cardi B.

Anyway... all I could imagine when seeing these dainty chicks strut their stuff was the Chinese student contingent in London rocking it head-to-toe effortlessly in the West End. I had to think to myself - why did I single out “Chinese”? Probably because I have an inclination towards thinking they have a knack for dressing cool/playful, which a lot of these looks were.

Bryan55

Reaction score
I could definitely see the whole outfit in look #2 being worn by many women. I’d think that leather could go over like gangbusters.

HellSeason

Reaction score
Such an inconspicuously smart show. Dressing down all of the celine ladies classics (blazer, leather jacket, tweed jacket, dress with hats, casual shoes etc) will help to sell both lines. Likewise the mens can be styled with the women's. All of the wardrobe staples are still there, but they're opening the brand up to a new audience by addressing them directly. This is essentially how all girls dress these days. Should pull the business through the covid era.

00020-CELINE-SS21-RTW (1).jpg

I especially liked this look. A perfect suit for work, an amazingly draped halter for the evening, and the hat and boots for just going to starbucks and going back home haha.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Deep fake" with Lisa wearing a ss21 look. It suits her well. I feel like this was such a smart show to show people another way of how to style separates. People are visual creatures, and seeing the super 70s, 80s vibe that Hedi was presenting is difficult for most to resonate with, despite the fact that you can take them as separates and re-style it yourself.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me these kind of looks are all over Instagram already among student age girls but with Calvin Klein bra tops, air force ones, LV bags, 90s jeans, coloured waterproof and ski jackets etc. I was even expecting to see a puffer jacket. That's not a criticism though because I feel like Hedi has captured the look perfectly and taken it to a higher level.

I've posted before about how I like the triomphe monogram and this cemented it for me. The camo Celine logo bags will sell too I'm sure. Casting was diverse which was great and fitted the collection. Girls that can afford it are going to look great in this. If I had a serious girlfriend I'd buy it for her, or maybe just encourage her to buy it and spend my money on the menswear lol let's not get carried away

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could definitely see the whole outfit in look #2 being worn by many women. I’d think that leather could go over like gangbusters.

Bryan - I had the exact thought. Definitely getting this for my wife if she does not scoop it up first. She'll love it. To Kieran's point too, I thought the diversity of models was spot on, as well. Fun show, and I like it even better the second day, although my first impression was an immediate great. I wonder what Deonfate's seemingly business-insider impression is.

1603803934111.png

Bryan55

Reaction score
Interesting brief article in the Cut about the show:

If I remember correctly, this reviewer really savaged Hedi’s first Celine show a few years ago. So to read this and see how she seems to have enjoyed the Monaco show (or was impressed by not only the pieces but also the diversity in the models and how they were able to “walk”) is interesting to note.

Lit Harington

Reaction score
not just that - cathy horyn and hedi had a pretty major falling out in like 2012, though tbf this isnt the first time she has been complimentary about him since then.

DJR

Reaction score
The leather quality on the SS21 women jackets is atrocious. Yuck.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bryan - I had the exact thought. Definitely getting this for my wife if she does not scoop it up first. She'll love it. To Kieran's point too, I thought the diversity of models was spot on, as well. Fun show, and I like it even better the second day, although my first impression was an immediate great. I wonder what Deonfate's seemingly business-insider impression is.

View attachment 1485275

This is exactly the vibe I get from women around my area: simple, comfy, and a great purse.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the feeling that he has struggled to get his bearings at Celine. He can probably do Celine’s brand of classy bourgeois dressing in his sleep — the blazers, the ruffled shirts, the pleated skirts. That’s not the problem. The problem — and I’m just guessing here — is how to translate a vernacular French style to an audience to whom social and sartorial nuances matter less and less.
This is pretty spot on to what I’ve been feeling since ss19. The modern luxury consumer just wants to be comfy with a designer piece (jewelry, footwear, bag), and this is the case for most men and women.

The ss19 and fw19 look of rocking ties with a casual jacket just flew under the radar with the average luxury consumer. It could’ve been a component of the Celine signature look, much like what fw13 became for Saint Laurent. Here’s an example of how it can look with the jacket Drake wore:

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another boot that I think could have been hyped was the Jacno 30/40 & Camargue 40 exposed back zips. At 30 and 40 mm, they still look great with skinny jeans, and the back buckle detail and exposed zipper will be visible as a subtle design touch that is classier than a biker harness which might feel overplayed in 2020.

Jacno 30:
1603962233258.png

1603962310538.png

1603962974790.png

1603962988417.png

Jacno 40:
1603962822669.png

1603962842915.png

Camargue 40:
1603962597967.png

1603962657627.png

1603962668005.png

1603962735161.png

1603962745969.png

Saint Laurent had that "signature" exposed side zipper. I felt like Celine could have made exposed back zipper and back detailing as their signature for people to associate with the brand.

Berlin Calvary boots with that back detailing
1603963157207.png

1603963171400.png

Louis Louis

Reaction score
I own the Camargue 40 and they are really fine boots, very nice and confortable. But I think this back zipper is a disgrace. The buckle is a very subtle detail and this zipper is a little too harsh. Maybe better if it was gold toned, and also if it was a branded Pull instead of a generic ykk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads