• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My expectations were incredibly low, but I thought he'd pull through somehow. Like Grotius, I got bored and couldn't watch it all, but I thought some of the pieces looked ok. However, for me ok is not gonna cut it, and I fear his days are numbered at Celine. A lot of it just looked like **** you could buy at teh mall or Walmart, which is not what I'm looking for from a European fashion house. The boots sucked.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have zero doubts that girls would want to dress exactly like a lot of the looks presented. Now whether they will buy from Celine instead of the other brands, that is something I don't know. Has Hedi done enough to prop up Celine to be a brand wroth "investing" in? Girls getting on their knees for the Cassandre logo believe they're investing in pieces despite the fact that those pieces depreciate the moment they leave the store.

A lot of it just looked like **** you could buy at teh mall or Walmart, which is not what I'm looking for from a European fashion house. The boots sucked.
They should continue selling the 70s bourgeois **** that appeals to people who want to buy into that image that Hedi has been crafting for the brand's foundation/identity. But they should also sell some less "heavy" pieces that cater to the majority of luxury brand consumers. This is basically a diffusion line without being labelled as a diffusion line. These customers like the idea of buying from a brand having a French heritage, but they don't necessarily want to dress like French women in the 70s. I don't like the boots as a standalone piece, but I really like them when matched with their respective looks. This is a contrast to Harness Wyatts where I just like looking at them by themselves.

My feeling towards the boots mirrors what I felt about the Nevada suede low heel crepe sole boots at Saint Laurent. They look pretty bad by themselves, but in certain outfits they really work in my eyes.
1603736581775.png

1603736605050.png

1603736255372.png

1603736272114.png

1603736296227.png

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this and it's way more accessible than dancing kid and just looks more modern than previous seasons womenswear. Times have changed and this feels much more current. I'm probably going to be the only person that thinks this but I found the very thin models to look a bit dated as well.

Malour

Reaction score
I loved this show. I feel like every look was so wearable for all ages. I felt some major "Undisputed Queen of Style"-vibes (Lady Di)

1603743208272.png

1603743207802.png

And I just love caps, sorry guys, do not hate me too much for this.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it the designer's job to have a point of view or to supply something that's easily integrated into what people are wearing?

Malour

Reaction score
Is it the designer's job to have a point of view or to supply something that's easily integrated into what people are wearing?
Of course it is to have a point of view, but you cannot design for a company the size of Celine without supplying something people can wear.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should continue selling the 70s bourgeois **** that appeals to people who want to buy into that image that Hedi has been crafting for the brand's foundation/identity. But they should also sell some less "heavy" pieces that cater to the majority of luxury brand consumers. This is basically a diffusion line without being labelled as a diffusion line. These customers like the idea of buying from a brand having a French heritage, but they don't necessarily want to dress like French women in the 70s.
I actually agree with this. I think Kieran pointed out after the dancing kid fiasco that he was mostly just geared towards buying permanent collection items, and I'm leaning in that direction as well. I'm gonna check out the pics on vogue when they put them up.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
I've never looked at any women's wear but I clicked on the Vogue link and I actually liked a lot of the pieces.

Lit Harington

Reaction score
i liked it. not sure about the presentation as a whole but lots of the sorts of pieces i would like my gf to wear. I liked the womenswear from previous seasons a lot but we're both only 23 so i get why she thought it was way too dated. i think some of the pieces shown today could look great

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These two things need not be mutually exclusive either. The fw13 grunge collections were certainly not new innovations or a new point of view. However, it is Hedi's point of view to capture what was trending at that time that can be easily integrated into what people are wearing. Grunge was trending for a period already before 2013. People slurped it up because it felt relevant to what they wanted to wear. His general design philosophy/point of view has been consistent in focusing on what the youth want to wear while filtered through his luxury Parisian fashion house lens. I personally am a big fan of him pushing ties worn casually hard in ss19 and fw19, but that sadly was not relevant to what people want to actually wear in 2019 or 2020 (this is just based on what I see on Instagram and what I see discussed here). I feel like Hedi is responding to the whole pandemic for his ss21 shows and everything makes sense.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100% should do well commercially compared to being so bourgeois. The modern woman buying luxury brands just wants to look casual but put together while rocking a designer bag.

There's a whole art to that too, but I agree that these looks are much more appealing now.

I would like to have seen slim cargo pants for the ladies, personally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads