• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Bryan55

Reaction score
I think what GG pointed out is completely spot on. Since most of us (if not all) are into what Hedi does in terms of style and look (and by extension SLP and Dior, wether his designs, AV’s or KVA’s) it may be hard for us to objectively look at any criticisms and why it may not be selling like hot cakes. Clearly skate style is at the forefront of fashion along with the oversized fit in most items, which typically Hedi hasn’t really done. I’d have to say what we all had such a decisive reaction to the Dancing Kid show, because it was quite a departure from what we were all expecting. While I still won’t wear it since it doesn’t suit me (I’m too old for that kind of look), I can now admit I do appreciate what the show was going for now.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To Hedi's defence, I think (I'm not knowledgable about skate culture/wear) he tried to appeal to that market as early as ss19. These two looks feature skate sneakers, but I might be wrong to assume this is good enough. I suspect these 2 pictures got lost in the shuffle of Jacnos.

Feels similar in spirit to the skate sneakers Hedi pushed at Saint Laurent

Furq

Reaction score
Got the Berlin boots and love how they look.. however one of them is quite wrinkled

Not sure if that is normal? I know every shoe will eventually have some wear and tear but dont want one to look beat up as compared to the other if that make sense

Attachments

• B2658D58-DB54-4647-8B9B-D24544693B11.jpeg
    B2658D58-DB54-4647-8B9B-D24544693B11.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 4F7BC772-0030-44BB-8605-88FD7957DED2.jpeg
    4F7BC772-0030-44BB-8605-88FD7957DED2.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 38

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1603398680208.png

1603398690585.png

So this is an extremely clear example of 1 pair of boots made with 2 different sections of leather. Now when I talk about sections, I talk about different areas of where the leather is from the calf. The back spine area tends to be more taut and smooth while the belly areas tend to be more wrinkly. It is ideal for both pairs to be made from the spine area, for best aesthetic results. The factory is doing Hedi dirty here by trying to pull a fast one.

1603399033206.png

An annoying discovery where my factory thought it would be intelligent to use a good piece of leather (the spine of what looks like lower end grade 1) and a bad piece (the belly of what looks like grade 2/3 leather) to make one pair of shoes…..I clearly had to send that back as a reject!!
1603399163269.png
Source: https://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2017/07/leather-quality-how-it-varies.html

Spaceman333

Reaction score
So this is an extremely clear example of 1 pair of boots made with 2 different sections of leather. Now when I talk about sections, I talk about different areas of where the leather is from the calf. The back spine area tends to be more taut and smooth while the belly areas tend to be more wrinkly. It is ideal for both pairs to be made from the spine area, for best aesthetic results. The factory is doing Hedi dirty here by trying to pull a fast one.

Source: https://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2017/07/leather-quality-how-it-varies.html

ah yes poor hedi getting taken advantage of by the factory. maybe the celine QC can stop being incredibly subpar?

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds insane, but I'm almost sure QC is done by the factory. They QC their own shoddy work. The shoes are packed in boxes and shipped to stores and never seen by anyone until SAs bring it to customers. At most, the Celine team probably just spot checks instead of checking every single pair.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reposting this just to do my part to put some pressure on Celine team, since they probably read the thread.

Furq

Reaction score
So far the online team has given the same BS about it being wear and tear- even though I literally just got them and am wearing them for the first time

my sales agent from the boutique has offered to exchange them so I’ll try taking him up on it. Ill
Likely have to pay return shipping is my guess but better than the alternative

probably should have gone through him to begin with but I figured they had them online so why not

disappointing regardless

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reposting this just to do my part to put some pressure on Celine team, since they probably read the thread.

Yes, you must've missed it, but we discussed this exact post a few months ago. Also, there was a story about a member having a nail sticking out of his jacnos. I want to get a pair of camargues off of grailed but I'm scared. I'm like literally scared. And the horrible leather on Furq's is also scary.

zrn

Reaction score
It sounds insane, but I'm almost sure QC is done by the factory. They QC their own shoddy work. The shoes are packed in boxes and shipped to stores and never seen by anyone until SAs bring it to customers. At most, the Celine team probably just spot checks instead of checking every single pair.
Its still ultimately Celine's responsibility to do a final check of the items they're selling and to pick their factories wisely. To be fair I'm not sure why Furq wore them if the leather grain looked that off to begin with but he shouldn't get leather that bad regardless.

Anyway, yea QC across the board is mediocre. I have a good number of jeans and each one has had to be exchanged multiple times with the online shop to get a pair I found acceptable. It was all cosmetic issues no one would probably ever notice but it's still irritating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads