• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Women of all age groups wore blazers and biker jackets before Hedi you know. If you're talking about that particular look, well it was not exactly new or a Slimane invention. His SS13 debut left everyone scratching their head because the look was actually old and déjà-vu at that time. Christophe Decarnin under Balmain was sending very very similar looks 5 years prior. Isabelle Marrant was also doing that same look at the time. Hedi's vision is just more refined and realistic than Decarnin's. But broken down to individual pieces there's not that big of difference. And there are many stylish women who know how to pick and choose.
People were scratching their head because they never understood Hedi's philosophy. I 100% agree that Hedi didn't invent any new concepts like avant-garde designers, and that is precisely why so many people like it. I'm not sure Christophe Decarnin "invented" those looks either. When I first saw the three passant belt it reminded me immediately of the Balmain one that Emmanuelle Alt often wore.
1603168410443.png

Does that disqualify them from being designers? Anyone who believes that has an incredibly myopic intolerant perspective. I'm surprised you even believe any of their dribble and nonsense. They're pretty ignorant and stupid. They were confused how to call the brand because of the new logo change. They were confused whether the name is Saint Laurent or Saint Laurent Paris (SLP). Anyone with half a brain cell could deduce that it is just Saint Laurent. I'm surprised so many people, including you, still care what they have to say. Their profession is archaic now. Consumers decide what they want to buy without following some "fashion guru's" guidance.
1603169154216.png

1603169229500.png

1603169276485.png

1603169295549.png

Regarding dressing different morphologies, I think if you don't have a thin frame you're not fully channeling the Hedi look no matter your age. I don't think he really cares or tries to dress everyone to his credit.
Agree, and if you're obese you should worry about your health first. I am upset that he did start changing his silhouettes to fit slightly larger compared to his original items. I harp about the Wyatts all the time, but he also changed the cropped jodhpur silhouette. The Jacnos seem to be following the same fate. My eyes are sensitive to mm differences, so I might be in the minority of people who actually care about these tweaks.
croppedjodhpurs.jpg

can we ban thorns and jabba before this hedi circle jerk makes me trash my wardrobe
I'm sorry my words hurt your feelings. Would you like a band-aid? Do you want me to kiss your boo boo to make it feel better?

Last edited:

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I wonder why the men's area is being specifically targeted. Perhaps the men's sales are performing worse than women's sales? I wonder how much the pandemic hit them and played a factor in this. I wonder if sales played a role in impacting the timeline for the release of the 2 other yet to be released fragrances, Rimbaud and Bois Dormant.

Curious if they will start expanding in the Asian market or if they're focused on just trimming things down.

LVMH as a whole has reduced profits due to the pandemic, they have halted their plans to acquire Tiffany & CO. Sales are down across all brands and markets except their lower spectrum liquor (still top shelf). They made a substantial capital investment to create the Celine menswear line, establish flagship stores, create the Haute parfum lines, establish the couture atelier and become members of Paris Fédération of couture. Luxury goods are down for every single luxury brand or label worldwide. I doubt there will be any expansion until a vaccine is approved.

Last edited:

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
People were scratching their head because they never understood Hedi's philosophy. I 100% agree that Hedi didn't invent any new concepts like avant-garde designers, and that is precisely why so many people like it. I'm not sure Christophe Decarnin "invented" those looks either. When I first saw the three passant belt it reminded me immediately of the Balmain one that Emmanuelle Alt often wore.
View attachment 1480594
Does that disqualify them from being designers? Anyone who believes that has an incredibly myopic intolerant perspective. I'm surprised you even believe any of their dribble and nonsense. They're pretty ignorant and stupid. They were confused how to call the brand because of the new logo change. They were confused whether the name is Saint Laurent or Saint Laurent Paris (SLP). Anyone with half a brain cell could deduce that it is just Saint Laurent. I'm surprised so many people, including you, still care what they have to say. Their profession is archaic now. Consumers decide what they want to buy without following some "fashion guru's" guidance.
View attachment 1480596
View attachment 1480597
View attachment 1480598
View attachment 1480599

Agree, and if you're obese you should worry about your health first. I am upset that he did start changing his silhouettes to fit slightly larger compared to his original items. I harp about the Wyatts all the time, but he also changed the cropped jodhpur silhouette. The Jacnos seem to be following the same fate. My eyes are sensitive to mm differences, so I might be in the minority of people who actually care about these tweaks.
View attachment 1480586

I'm sorry my words hurt your feelings. Would you like a band-aid? Do you want me to kiss your boo boo to make it feel better?

I guess we all learned why they call you thorns, ?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting point about LVMH. The way they release their financial statements, luxury goods such as clothing are grouped together, but IIRC, bags and accessories (their core?) are a separate item. Everything is down, but bags are not down as much, which is not that surprising considering the incredible power du sac. ;)

The question becomes are there certain brands down more than others, how are they trending, what is the future outlook for that particular brand. The closing of the Milan men's boutique does not bode well, nor does the seeming infinite pause of the two new fragrances, that said, Hedi carries some star power, the new collections seem reinvented so more responsive/agile, and at an inexpert glance, the womenswear seems very strong, including the bags, so that should be salable.

puttysan

Reaction score
when do sales for celine normally start?
thinking of getting few shirts

DJR

Reaction score
I wonder why the men's area is being specifically targeted. Perhaps the men's sales are performing worse than women's sales? I wonder how much the pandemic hit them and played a factor in this. I wonder if sales played a role in impacting the timeline for the release of the 2 other yet to be released fragrances, Rimbaud and Bois Dormant.

Curious if they will start expanding in the Asian market or if they're focused on just trimming things down.

Sales are bad. Head Buyers for the big stores in Italy don’t want Celine Men.

Bryan55

Reaction score
Sales are bad. Head Buyers for the big stores in Italy don’t want Celine Men.

I’m curious as to know the why, as in why don’t the buyers want Celine Men? Different styles now? Has fashion shifted that far from the typical Hedi silhouette?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a good point. When I think Hedi Slimane fashion, I certainly am not thinking Milan, ha!

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly. If they were closing London, Paris, Tokyo I'd be a lot more concerned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads