• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those python boots are incredible. I like the last leather jacket as well, but the delicate nature of suede jackets pointed out by some of the other members has me reluctant to buy one.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You must avoid shoulder bag or backpack with suede, other than that it's sturdy.
I was referring more to teh staining dimension. Although, since I've managed to keep children mostly out of my life, that might not be the biggest problem for me.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a couple young children, but the biggest concern now is not them (they're relatively well behaved with my iron discipline, haha), but rather other peoples' dogs! I've had them jump up and lick me, etc. and if they're outside, they're dirty. Would be a real pain with a 4k suede jacket, although they look so perfect in the most recent collections.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you all think of some of the jacket options from Celine? I haven't tried in person (pretty far from the boutiques, which I'm not visiting right now). This one caught eye as quite different but don't want to look too old man:

1600354747956.png

1600354761440.png

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you all think of some of the jacket options from Celine? I haven't tried in person (pretty far from the boutiques, which I'm not visiting right now). This one caught eye as quite different but don't want to look too old man:

View attachment 1460215

View attachment 1460216
That jacket looks great. It gives off strict disciplinarian vibes

Edit: Although I'm undecided on double breasted blazers in general. I'm not sure they'd be easy to pull off.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you on DB blazers. I like that this one is cut short apparently, although I wonder how well they can be worn open, which is by far my usual mode.

BTW - Kieran - spot on re: those black jeans. I got the exact style number you recommended in my usual size and they fit PERFECT. Such a relief to have something so spot on. Very sleek, slim to skinny, but not overly anything in the waist, thighs, etc

Adamdraps

Reaction score
I finally made my first Celine purchase. I bought the skinny jeans in pure black F. Unfortunately, they did not fit good at all. Horribly actually.

Wish Hedi never left Saint Laurent :(

zrn

Reaction score
I finally made my first Celine purchase. I bought the skinny jeans in pure black F. Unfortunately, they did not fit good at all. Horribly actually.

Wish Hedi never left Saint Laurent :(
I would try the ones that are just called pure black. I, and a number of others on this thread, found it significantly better as the fit is different especially in the waist. The style code is 2N020786D38NF instead of 2N020786D38NJ which is the pure black F.

Trixz

Reaction score
I would try the ones that are just called pure black. I, and a number of others on this thread, found it significantly better as the fit is different especially in the waist. The style code is 2N020786D38NF instead of 2N020786D38NJ which is the pure black F.

Has anyone tried the 2N020639E.38VB denim? I’m looking for that 2N020786D38NF silhouette fit but with a vintage look and mid rise waist.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Those python boots are incredible. I like the last leather jacket as well, but the delicate nature of suede jackets pointed out by some of the other members has me reluctant to buy one.

You only live once, spray some scotch guard on it

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score

View attachment 1460215

View attachment 1460216

You're only as young as you feel, get it and have it tailored in house, you won't regret it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads