• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the rest of the winter drop, as well as SS21.

The yellow shirt with the subtle(ish) branding looks nice, though the pocket seems a bit low up close (?).... I also like the western belt with the jagged edges this model wore -- it's only currently available in the watersnake version which I wanted mainly due to that detail but given they'll release this plain leather version I think I'd prefer that. This same model also has a very nice choker style chain that is low profile unlike a lot of the ones with by the other models, with a very pretty link design - plus that second chain... basically want half of this one model's look as I think it'd pair great with light wash skinny jeans/boots.

The sequinned palm tree jacket looks cool, though I can't help but wonder where I'd ever flick the switch without looking like a massive twat - maybe at a rave amongst people off their head on md? -- and I'm saying that having bought the sequinned Christian Marclay SS19 piece.

View attachment 1436631 View attachment 1436632 View attachment 1436633
View attachment 1436634

Love the choker style necklace as well as a few others and palm tree, I think it would be cool to turn on at a concert, nightclub, or rave. It would definitely get you noticed, but couldn't see myself wearing it lit up in general public either. Maybe on the streets of Tokyo?

Randeep

Reaction score
I'm going to have to remain dubious re. any talk of 'low/limited stock/order now or regret forever' cos I'm the kinda person that easily gets sucked into that exclusivity shtick, only to find stuff will get dropped en-masse later (or worse, on facebook through some indirect proxy seller at half the price). I guess now though it could be for real due to the pandemic.

Because the way the Celine website works (listing new items/showing all as unavailable, or marked "Japan Exclusive") and what SAs have told me pre-pandemic re. availability and what not (only 'X' of these produced etc) gets a bit tiresome - I'm not saying that's what is happening now but it tedious when you have a customer willing to spend money if the items were freely available. I don't want to have to jump through hoops nor commit to any SA on pre-production stock lists ("yeah, please deliver size 48/50/52 of the palm jacket to London so I can deliberate for x hours then end up changing my mind"), I'm just not that level of customer to Celine or have that kind of disposable cash, but probably still purchase considerably more than the casual Celine customer, and I'm guessing theres a lot of people in the same bracket.

Randeep

Reaction score
Here's some pics of the ss19 sequinned piece I got a while back.. no fit pics due to weight gain, maybe come ss21 i'll once more become emaciated :foo:

celine_1.jpg

celine_2.JPG

celine_3.jpg

celine_4.jpg

celine_5.jpg

celine_6.JPG

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I'm going to have to remain dubious re. any talk of 'low/limited stock/order now or regret forever' cos I'm the kinda person that easily gets sucked into that exclusivity shtick, only to find stuff will get dropped en-masse later (or worse, on facebook through some indirect proxy seller at half the price). I guess now though it could be for real due to the pandemic.

Because the way the Celine website works (listing new items/showing all as unavailable, or marked "Japan Exclusive") and what SAs have told me pre-pandemic re. availability and what not (only 'X' of these produced etc) gets a bit tiresome - I'm not saying that's what is happening now but it tedious when you have a customer willing to spend money if the items were freely available. I don't want to have to jump through hoops nor commit to any SA on pre-production stock lists ("yeah, please deliver size 48/50/52 of the palm jacket to London so I can deliberate for x hours then end up changing my mind"), I'm just not that level of customer to Celine or have that kind of disposable cash, but probably still purchase considerably more than the casual Celine customer, and I'm guessing theres a lot of people in the same bracket.

I only buy what I love. I don't feel bad if I reserve something and it doesn't work out. You're right nobody should ever have to jump through hoops to buy something. I get that its exclusive and I have missed out on things before so If I see something I like, I'd like to have the option to try it on and see if it works. I also like to know the price before it comes out, dimensions etc and the personalized service the SA's provide.

I have heard the websites are stocked through a separate import export company that they contract out (in the U.S. anyways) and I know LVMH severely limits the online retailers to keep the brand exclusive. I also see where hypebeasts buy out the entire stock of an item and try to make a profit off of it and sometimes end up having to take a loss unloading the items on the secondary market. Its a gamble.

Last edited:

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Randeep - that piece is incredible! One of the good things about being into HS pieces is that it serves as occasional motivation for a slimming diet. ;)

I'm sure you could rock it well having seen your pictures before and the sense I get from London.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use a cleaner of that stripe in Manhattan. I'm really fussy about my suits, in particular. This place does zero advertising, a word of mouth thing, no signage, etc. I think the idea is to keep it exclusive but in addition to protect the inventory. I've seen some of the couture pieces that they carry and they're jaw dropping in their exquisiteness. It's like a mini art show.

I've only ever seen two Italian-American guys working there. Super old world in the feel, not overly dapper, just very competent and kind. My impression is that they clean everything individually by hand, and they have an encyclopedic knowledge of fabrics and different types of stains. They're always keen to know what caused such and such dot on the sleeve (coffee, wine, etc.). Kind of interesting to me, also, kind of cher.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
he said how, not where.

Im not a dry cleaner so I don't know the processes they use, but you probably don't want to get a piece like this dirty in the first place. I use Kingbridge in Manhattan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads